Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Which one's that? Might pop in for a schooie or two next time I'm in town.

The Limerick Castle.

A Blight torpedo from Arden Street, decent cheap meals, you can have a bet, and they even still run a meat raffle.

You even see a few old school scallywags in there. You can garauntee you won't find the North board drinking in there.:thumbsu:

1557809257551.png

Tectonic

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Limerick Castle.

A Blight torpedo from Arden Street, decent cheap meals, you can have a bet, and they even still run a meat raffle.

You even see a few old school scallywags in there. You can garauntee you won't find the North board drinking in there.:thumbsu:

View attachment 673709
3 crowns is ok during the day for a pint or 7.
Avoid at night/weekends though.
I like the Albion myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
It's okay, but it's not like it was when the Maltese were running the S.P. book in there. It caters more to the "new North" types.

I prefer Corey's pub in that case.

I didn't know that was still even open, so it shows you how much I get back around there these days.

D23D

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Limerick Castle.

View attachment 673709
Sounds like my type of pub, found this review on google:
Old school pub, nothing fancy but always has great tasting pub food at excellent prices. Best Steak Sandwich around

Seeing as I'm fond of both cold beer and steak sanga's, I'll give it a go

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Sounds like my type of pub, found this review on google:
Old school pub, nothing fancy but always has great tasting pub food at excellent prices. Best Steak Sandwich around

Seeing as I'm fond of both cold beer and steak sanga's, I'll give it a go
Definitely NOT a wine/designer beer pub.

Just mostly working class blokes enjoying a beer.:thumbsu:

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Moderator #690
The Limerick Castle.

View attachment 673709
You've just solved the mystery of where I ended up after the North vs Hawks Arden Street game a couple of years ago.

D23D

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Avoid at night/weekends though.
I actually like the Albion. When I work in the hospital district there I often stay at the Mercure. The Albion is just down the road. A schniddy for dinner and a couple of schooners of coopers sparkling ale for desert - lovely!

AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
I actually like the Albion. When I work in the hospital district there I often stay at the Mercure. The Albion is just down the road. A schniddy for dinner and a couple of schooners of coopers sparkling ale for desert - lovely!
The Mercure North Melbourne. Is that the old Marco Polo?

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's still a few left around north Melbourne that have already been mentioned above.
I was was just speaking generally. I don’t mind the pubs mentioned so far. I think some of them are more West Melbourne, Pretty sure the 3 crowns is in West Melbourne?

There’s a few North pubs that have been turned into toffy type pubs. I noticed Carey’s old pub has been turned into one.

Top Bottom