Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Have the club released info on when they are breaking ground on the project? I know the structural slab was extended to incorporate the basketball court, however, I think the new footprint extends past that.

Comp starts in February.

It's not an enormous project, but it's only 5 months away, I would of imagined they would want these facilities up and running for the girls training leading into the season, the men come back in December and will take priority of all existing facilities.

I'd hate to see the girls operating out of portables training for their first season.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have the club released info on when they are breaking ground on the project? I know the structural slab was extended to incorporate the basketball court, however, I think the new footprint extends past that.

Comp starts in February.

It's not an enormous project, but it's only 5 months away, I would of imagined they would want these facilities up and running for the girls training leading into the season, the men come back in December and will take priority of all existing facilities.

I'd hate to see the girls operating out of portables training for their first season.
It'll toughen them up and build character. Like us in the 90s

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

A four story extension of the huddle, complete with transgender toilets, and an AFLW sporting museum and supporters cafeteria (Greens-vegan only).

Did you happen to see the bit in the recent doco where it was established once ands for all that Scanlon and his vision were what saved the club?

North Melbourne’s new facility expansion is about to kick off, thanks to the generosity of supporters who donated $1.3 million in just 24-hours.

Harris HMC will commence works as early as October 2, with new AFLW facilities including change rooms, lockers, a sauna and a players’ lounge to be installed.

The wider scope of the project includes oval lighting, a new scoreboard, interchange benches, coaches boxes and a media tower to ensure the famous inner-city venue is game ready.

North managing director & CEO Carl Dilena said the Arden St re-development wouldn’t be possible without the support of loyal supporters.

“The re-development will see Arden St transformed into a state-of-the-art facility and ensure we embed our club in an inner-city location for years to come,” he said.

“Our recent fundraising campaign is the reason we have been able to progress this so quickly.

“Ensuring the facilities are ready for our inaugural AFLW season is the main priority and we're well and truly on track.”

Initial works are projected for completion by December 21, with the overall project planned for completion in April, 2019.

North Melbourne’s new facility expansion is about to kick off, thanks to the generosity of supporters who donated $1.3 million in just 24-hours.

Harris HMC will commence works as early as October 2, with new AFLW facilities including change rooms, lockers, a sauna and a players’ lounge to be installed.

The wider scope of the project includes oval lighting, a new scoreboard, interchange benches, coaches boxes and a media tower to ensure the famous inner-city venue is game ready.

North managing director & CEO Carl Dilena said the Arden St re-development wouldn’t be possible without the support of loyal supporters.

“The re-development will see Arden St transformed into a state-of-the-art facility and ensure we embed our club in an inner-city location for years to come,” he said.

“Our recent fundraising campaign is the reason we have been able to progress this so quickly.

“Ensuring the facilities are ready for our inaugural AFLW season is the main priority and we're well and truly on track.”

Initial works are projected for completion by December 21, with the overall project planned for completion in April, 2019.
Where's the ******* coffee shop?

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-19/arden-sts-10m-redevelopment-takes-shape

612079-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Very exciting. Judging by the picture a couple of the boys are doing some renovating downstairs as well. Turner on the other hand looks like he's deconstructing to let some air through. Preuss has been busy extending his feature and needs to rest his wrist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Anyone know what the delays are? I think it’s crucial that VFL and AFLW games get held there ASAP.

Plans for Moana's safe space are awaiting approval.

Seriously though, it's not right that football should return to Arden Street under this guise. I'm glad it will be the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back