Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a year I didn't have Foxtel.

So I'd venture down to a pub in North Melbourne (within a few blocks of Arden St) to watch us. Never saw more than 10 people in there.

Even when I drive through there in peak hour, there's no traffic or parking issues. It's just not attractive for consumer or hospitality traffic.

The regular appearance of that damn booze bus on Macaulay Rd every 2 weeks could have something to do with it

And just for any special sauces on the kebab of life still questioning the role of government and politics in footy and managing clubs.

Collingwood pointed to "pivotal" support from the Victorian government and support from its landlord - the club's Holden Centre home is under the jurisdiction of The Melbourne and Olympic Parks Trust - for being able to protect its overall financial position.

The world is changing and people think the club won't have to change with it. For good or bad everything changes. Woke Capitalism is real and the NMFC engages with it. I'm not a fan but then again I'm not a fan of mineral extraction. I do realise however that without it I wouldn't be living a pampered first world life and so I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ignoring the financial opportunity that community outreach and supporting social causes offer would be like letting the chance to invest in oil drilling in 1900 go past. Ultimately whether you like it or not the market dictates the flow of history. I'd rather the club float on than try to moor itself and be torn apart by the raging current. Just as I would rather live in a three bedroom house and drive a car than live under a piece of sheet iron and walk 12km a day to get water.
1608106107106.jpeg

Which overqualified poster do you think will get it?

Wonder if Crappers will apply.

Having checked his LinkedIn he seems to tick many of the boxes.

I would suggest that spitting the dummy about elections and then asking for a refund of his membership fees probably reduces his appeal (if he really has any).

Yet he's so emotionally *ed yet up his own arse he probably wouldn't see it as an obstacle

I would suggest that spitting the dummy about elections and then asking for a refund of his membership fees probably reduces his appeal (if he really has any).

I'm sure there are one or two public relations experts around here who would be happy to help rehabilitate his image.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Figured this was the CEO’s job in a business this size, I wonder how prevalent gov relations people are at club level.

Demostrated ability to be bi-partisan tends to rule out political staffers who tend to be sought after for these roles.

Figured this was the CEO’s job in a business this size, I wonder how prevalent gov relations people are at club level.

Demostrated ability to be bi-partisan tends to rule out political staffers who tend to be sought after for these roles.
There has been a bit of a shift over recent years in not for profits when it comes to these roles. Presenting well thought out and costed programs/projects gives government easy wins instead of white elephants. Where there are multi stage projects, such as urban development and social programs, it is better to have good project and policy management. CEO still gets the glory, government gets the projects to spruik, but there is lower reputational risk.

Big clubs would have firms on retainer i imagine.

Quick google shows Western United has one on staff, I'm sure plenty of other sporting clubs do too.

Big clubs would have firms on retainer i imagine.

Quick google shows Western United has one on staff, I'm sure plenty of other sporting clubs do too.
When it comes to government projects the admin component is getting too small for outside firms to take projects on directly.
They are better off having someone else take on the program management at 8 to 15 percent admin with consultancy costs coming out of the remaining funding.

The CEO's job is to institute policy to WIN games of football.

In fact, that's their ONLY task.

The NMFC members have been spun irrelevant bullshit for far too long.

You can only WIN games of football IF your club exists. You can ONLY exist as a club IF you are financially viable.

So it's FACT, that you are full of s**t.

You're trolling has become pathetic.

Agree that this should be the overriding, laser like focus of everyone.

That said, the reality is that the CEO is running a $40m business with many components, he employs people in the football department who have that as their sole remit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back