Certified Legendary Thread Roos lodge plans for massive Arden St upgrade

The really interesting bit in this is our formal relationship with the huge property developer that's also doing the $2bn Moonee Valley redevelopment.

I thought the woke NMFC didn't do that!

Now, just how COULD we make huge cash on a major urban redevelopment on our doorstep given we've partnered with a property developer that's doing a major urban redevelopment a few clicks up the road?

Its a mystery hey.

Nobody knows.

Even the biggest proponents of this plan like me are befuddled as to how we could make money from our formal partnership with the property developer.

The old "VFL team canned for the W side" thing just never stops.
The bloody wokesters!

in all seriousness using the word woke unironically is like listening to Nickleback because they think they are ‘alpha’

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Just catching up on all of this in detail.

Sounds like a really encouraging outcome.

Will always be battle weary from so many near death experiences as a North supporter but it seems a firm step towards planting our flag at the top of Mt Ardenus for the next century.

Whether you like the individuals or not the upside of a heavily filtered entry process to the board is that you're upping your odds of having a stable, united board. From the outside that looks to be the case for us.

A stable board, admin and management looks to be the platform for any modern club to then go and achieve big things on the field.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I think some posters have an assumption, that if you question a few colour tone changes on a new version of a master plan, that you must be anti north development.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That, or you’re looking for a reason to get angry.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
The bloody wokesters!

in all seriousness using the word woke unironically is like listening to Nickleback because they think they are ‘alpha’

It’s used by people who don’t understand things anymore. SJW got passé so some youtuber started using this. Pavlovs dog.

And sorry but who thought nickelback was alpha?

It’s used by people who don’t understand things anymore. SJW got passé so some youtuber started using this. Pavlovs dog.

And sorry but who thought nickelback was alpha?
Incels HAHAHA

This plan will mean that North has achieved what big clubs like Collingwood and Essendon have not been able to do. That is, to not just develop the facilities at our traditional and spiritual home, but expand them! It allows the club to continue to connect and develop with its long term members and continue to grow with the North Melbourne community as a whole.

This is genuinely an amazing achievement by those at the club responsible for this.
If this comes off (and given where it is now it should) its *en unreal.

Most likely the Karen's, the Kevin's, the investors, and generally people that don't view football clubs as important.

As well

I was thinking about the bigger clubs that don't have this opportunity as well actually.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
I think some posters have an assumption, that if you question a few colour tone changes on a new version of a master plan, that you must be anti north development.

I got the thing in the mail yesterday. The colour coding on that map is designed to obscure rather the elucidate - I am going to the public meeting and will bully any nay sayers

Last edited:
Just catching up on all of this in detail.

Sounds like a really encouraging outcome.

Will always be battle weary from so many near death experiences as a North supporter but it seems a firm step towards planting our flag at the top of Mt Ardenus for the next century.

Whether you like the individuals or not the upside of a heavily filtered entry process to the board is that you're upping your odds of having a stable, united board. From the outside that looks to be the case for us.

A stable board, admin and management looks to be the platform for any modern club to then go and achieve big things on the field.
Met Barassi at a sportsman night once and had a conversation that touched on this very thing (and numerology. He is into it a bit.) He said its absolutely vital for sustained success.

Back