Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Whilst he is in tears, blokes are having a laugh in the bench.....
Watching TT yapping in Cunners ear on the bench, with Cunners wanting none of it, reminded me of this

SanePolishedCollie-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• 1593930150292.png
    1593930150292.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 210

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Trading Brown???? Serious? Jesus ******* Christ we would need an absolute kings ransom, he had an off week vs hawks and was absolutely torched by sub amateur disposal. This loss was on the midfield group, pretty livid about the performance from Higgins (pre injury ) particularly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A forwards only as good as the delivery to him

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not to mention the influence of Razor Ray Chamberlain.

Bruce was really just the upshot of what was happening further up the field. Make no mistake, this was as bad a flogging as we’ve had under Shaw. The losses against WC & Geelong last season could be mitigated to a degree (travel after two close losses + horrible night in GMHBA). Last night, there were no excuses. If that game had’ve been normal length, we would’ve lost by 12 goals. It was at our home ground to boot!

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bruce was really just the upshot of what was happening further up the field. Make no mistake, this was as bad a flogging as we’ve had under Shaw. The losses against WC & Geelong last season could be mitigated to a degree (travel after two close losses + horrible night in GMHBA). Last night, there were no excuses. If that game had’ve been normal length, we would’ve lost by 12 goals. It was at our home ground to boot!

No argument from me. I was commenting on Taz more than anything - Bruce kicked six but that one on 3/4 time was a disgrace.

bennymate

Premium Gold
May 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
Honestly have checked out emotionally this year, the season is a ride off and we're playing during a global pandemic ffs, nothing to really be alarmed about, take our two top 10 picks and hit the draft.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't understand the votes for Taz. His opponent kicked six, was best on ground and made us look like fools. Taz BoG? Nup.
Because the thing is, we would've lost by 15 goals if he wasn't there. There were so many instances, especially in the first half, where our entire back 6 shat the bed. Teammates spoiling each other, falling over, you name it. Taz was the only one of the back 6 to keep his feet consistently, and he took something like 5 intercept marks in the first half alone.

Yes, his opponent kicked 6, but that wasn't helped by the fact that Taz was placed under constant pressure by the s**t*ery of the mids and the forwards. Bruce kicked 6 because his midfielders could actually use the ball, and put it to his advantage. And do you know why they couid do this? Because there was literally no pressure coming from the players up field. You could be the best key defender in the country, if you aren't being helped out defensively by your teammates upfield then you're on a hiding to nothing. Taz was in our best 5 players last night, no doubt about it, as we would've lost by a hell of a lot more if he wasn't there. He did his best with what he had.

Last edited:

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was the worst Taz and Walker have played as a combination this year - they got towelled up.

Not entirely their fault given the open play we allowed the dogs to run in numbers in but in a number of one on ones they dropped marks, gave away frees and got beaten in the contest.

They have been good all year though so everyone is allowed a bad one - especially when you play in the North defence.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Higgins and Cunnington out for at least a months, time to rejig and set the actual team needed moving ahead. Time to but youngsters in the Center.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Recent form puts the Goldie and Higgins re-signing last year into a different light. Keeping them is great if we’re near the pointy end of the ladder, but we’re not. Just imagine the recruiting power we would be taking into this year’s draft/trade period had we let this two go...
At the time I thought that, in order to more quickly regenerate our list, we should trade one of these players if we could get a good first round pick. Thought I was wrong after the GWS game, now not so sure.

THE most basic skill in football, a 10-20m kick to a team mate, preferably at a decent speed, with not too much hang time, almost without exception, as a team, we suck at it.
Hey Mutts,

I'd like to propose that the 10-20m kick is the second most basic skill.

The #1 most basic skill is possibly the 5-10m handball to anywhere but someone's feet?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I forced myself to re-watch parts of last night’s game. I know there’s a fair degree of clutching at straws here. However, North were on top for the last five minutes of the second quarter and the first eight minutes of the third. At that stage in the second quarter, we were close enough if we had taken advantage of our ascendancy. Instead, during that strong period, we managed to give up two breakaway goals to the Dogs, while only managing one goal for all our efforts. JMac’s mistake was really costly because it just kickstarted the Bulldogs’ match winning run. Who knows what would have happened if we had stopped those two stupid goals.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
I know it’s stating the obvious but too many of our players are letting themselves down at the moment. Even Jy - good as he’s been in many ways - butchered his kicking on a couple of crucial occasions early in the game. Polec & Higgins did the same. These errors pretty much set the tone for the game. We never got going properly. When JMac lost that one-on-one in the centre of the ground, that was the game. The ball favoured him and he lost out to a much less experienced opponent and it led directly to a goal.
Phillyroo just put you on ignore 😂

I totally agree, Jmac is the epitome of list clogger, by all reports a nice bloke, just a very ordinary footballer..

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Does he have a mandate to restructure it? Is the Board prepared to bottom out?

This requires a minimum 3 year rebuild just to get us back into finals contention - let alone thinking about success at the pointy end.

We are in this dire position because of previous short cuts, a 'topping up' mentality, a mass over estimating of the ability of our players and an unwillingness to make unpopular decisions.

Brady seems like the guy who can fix this - but he is going to need a mandate to

(i) cut deep into the list over a 3 year period - only around 10 current players should still be there in 3 years time
(ii) make trades of senior players if we get offered overs
(iii) invest heavily in the draft - 5 picks inside 35 for 3 years straight

My guess is that we wont do the above - the Board wont have the stomach for it.

I made this same post 3 years ago and look where we are today - exactly the same position we were then.

And my guess is that we will do what we did 3 years ago - top up, aim to finish middle of the ladder and 'talk' about our 5th flag without making any hard decisions to actually achieve it.

Rawlings doesn’t come across as a snivelling yes man to me. I would also think that to get him across he must have been given some assurances that he do what is needed.

The board finally found the stones to sack Scott, so hopefully they’ve got the stomach for what you suggest.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Rawlings doesn’t come across as a snivelling yes man to me. I would also think that to get him across he must have been given some assurances that he do what is needed.

The board finally found the stones to sack Scott, so hopefully they’ve got the stomach for what you suggest.
If the Snoz is as ruthless on the delist button as he was as the human glove then we’re gonna turn this s**t around!

Apr 7, 2013
Cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
Recent form puts the Goldie and Higgins re-signing last year into a different light. Keeping them is great if we’re near the pointy end of the ladder, but we’re not. Just imagine the recruiting power we would be taking into this year’s draft/trade period had we let this two go...
We always hang onto players for one contract to long

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

Told the club the list needed a lot of work. We aren't going to delist blokes in July though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back