Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just spending too much time actually trying to get their accom. organized and then having to change it again at the last minute > then having to prepare to leave the state for 5/6 weeks.
Of course it can be a distracting issue but I understand the Dogs had a number of players impacted by this as well. LMac was one impacted and he played well.

Ultimately though organising a removal van on Thursday doesn't stop you from hitting a target with a football 20 metres away 48 hours later - it doesn't lead you to picking a bloke who can't walk; it doesn't mean you dont put in effort.

If it was once off you could understand it. Unfortunately for us we have seen this 'lack of effort and skill from senior players' movie for many years now.

We have also see them respond the next week then all is forgiven and we move on.

We need to change this whole BradScott culture of 'near enough is good enough' or we will never get anywhere as a club.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of course it can be a distracting issue but I understand the Dogs had a number of players impacted by this as well. LMac was one impacted and he played well.

Ultimately though organising a removal van on Thursday doesn't stop you from hitting a target with a football 20 metres away 48 hours later - it doesn't lead you to picking a bloke who can't walk; it doesn't mean you dont put in effort.

If it was once off you could understand it. Unfortunately for us we have seen this 'lack of effort and skill from senior players' movie for many years now.

We have also see them respond the next week then all is forgiven and we move on.

We need to change this whole BradScott culture of 'near enough is good enough' or we will never get anywhere as a club.
Great post. Hunter, Dunkley out, Bont doesn't get a kick, Smith out early. G ert smashed. That is as bad a loss as we have had in a long time. To lay that blame on moving house is a stretch for me - we made poor selections Thursday night, looked to be out coached and was compounded by poor skills from the players.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. Can't forgive the poor skills and form of some players.

But l'll cut them a tiny amount of slack for having everything turned upside-down in a 24 hour period and maybe not being focused 100% on a game. Imagine with the club being run on the smell of an oily rag it was hard for them to provide a great deal of help. Sure alot of players were actually relying on each-other for assistance.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. Can't forgive the poor skills and form of some players.

But l'll cut them a tiny amount of slack for having everything turned upside-down in a 24 hour period and maybe not being focused 100% on a game. Imagine with the club being run on the smell of an oily rag it was hard for them to provide a great deal of help. Sure alot of players were actually relying on each-other for assistance.
Definitely. I do think much of the issues regarding the loss falls to the feet of the coach

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just spending too much time actually trying to get their accom. organized and then having to change it again at the last minute > then having to prepare to leave the state for 5/6 weeks.
I think that’s a cop out on the players and coach.
We had no issue flying to Sydney at 5am and winning so why was it an issue now?
As others had said Bulldogs had similar issues and were fine.

I hope the * players are just as annoyed at having to move to Queensland.

Hey kangatime you know umpiring nonsense.

Why did Chamberlain make Robbie go around the back goal post rather than in front of it?

Like I have seen some over officious nonsense watching footy but directing how you approach a point to go over the mark just about takes the cake.

I have no idea why that happened. Can you explain?

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Hey kangatime you know umpiring nonsense.

Why did Chamberlain make Robbie go around the back goal post rather than in front of it?

Like I have seen some over officious nonsense watching footy but directing how you approach a point to go over the mark just about takes the cake.

I have no idea why that happened. Can you explain?

If you take a mark and go over the behind line, you have to re-enter the field through the same area.

If he went back through the goals and played on, it would have been a point.

If you take a mark and go over the behind line, you have to re-enter the field through the same area.

If he went back through the goals and played on, it would have been a point.
So back through the points out through the goals and play on is a point.

What if he goes back over his mark which was where Robbie was headed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back