Rumour Roos to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Jezza_21

Debutant
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Heard a whisper from a very well-connected Carlton person that Paul Roos is essentially locked in to be in a ‘Director of Coaching’ type role at the Blues next year.

To people on here maybe.

Many on here just look at the amount of premierships a coach has won. They look at Roos and go “Is that all”. It’s not even close to the only measure of a good coach.

It's his footy nous that I think is overrated. His strengths are changing culture and implementing process, director of coaching is probably a better job for him than the senior gig, and it seems that is what the Blues are considering him for.

Last edited:
It's his footy nous that I think is overrated. He's strengths are changing culture and implementing process, director of coaching is probably a better job for him than the senior gig, and it seems that is what the Blues are considering him for.

Fair enough

Wasn’t nessecarily directed at you but there are some who think like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m more inclined to think he’ll be coach for a year or two and eventually hand over the reigns to someone like Teague.
But yeah, this makes sense as Roos conceded he’d be open to stepping in if he was asked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back