Rumour Roos to coach North.

Remove this Banner Ad

They've probably offered a mammoth contract to get him to come - if they have

They've probably offered a mammoth contract to get him to come - if they have
They've just agreed to a settlement for Shaw and are still paying Brad Scott aren't they?

Not sure they have a mammoth contract in them.

No chance North could afford him. I exepct some assistant touted to have potetnial and no pedigree actually being a senior coach at any level.

Didn’t the AFL pay some of his salary at the Dees? Could see the same happening here, maybe a two year deal with an option for a third and a succession plan in place.

Is Roos even as good as what people think? Melbourne have made one finals series since he was there.. Same bloke that give up Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for Dom Tyson and Salem..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've just agreed to a settlement for Shaw and are still paying Brad Scott aren't they?

Not sure they have a mammoth contract in them.

They might not have a choice, if they think they need someone to steady the ship. Hopefully it's just a rumour though, as it doesn't solve anything to just bring in outside help - look at the Dees now 5 years on...not much has changed

Nice troll account.
I am not trolling. More a lurker than a troll.

For decades, this club was nothing but a play thing for a select bunch of second-rate businessmen.

Now that it is a member-based, the biggest issue for the club is that the quality and quantity of members is lacking compared to the rest of the league.

The NMFC brand can't be about Shinboner spirit, Kangaroos, or whatever it is. Does the club have a purpose statement, a unique brand or a place in the framework of the Melbourne sporting landscape?

I want the club to survive. But Covid will change the league for a decade - at the very least... Expect contraction across the football industry. Salaries, games, crowds, TV money, media, country football, suburban teams, junior football and everything associated.

The nature of a winter contact sport and this virus will change the sport until we find treatment and/or a vaccine.

This might be the wrong forum for such a diatribe, but I feel for Rhyce Shaw and everyone in the industry affected by Covid and mistakes made by all levels of government, and also by individuals not doing the right thing.

I hope Shaw gets the support he needs. I have been where he is right now. Actually, three times. I am still battling the third war. My battles have also lead to physical issues I will never recover from. My young son hopefully won't see the worst of it until he is much older.

I don't know what is needed to fix NMFC, but there is something not right at Arden Street.

I am not trolling. More a lurker than a troll.

For decades, this club was nothing but a play thing for a select bunch of second-rate businessmen.

Now that it is a member-based, the biggest issue for the club is that the quality and quantity of members is lacking compared to the rest of the league.

The NMFC brand can't be about Shinboner spirit, Kangaroos, or whatever it is. Does the club have a purpose statement, a unique brand or a place in the framework of the Melbourne sporting landscape?

I want the club to survive. But Covid will change the league for a decade - at the very least... Expect contraction across the football industry. Salaries, games, crowds, TV money, media, country football, suburban teams, junior football and everything associated.

The nature of a winter contact sport and this virus will change the sport until we find treatment and/or a vaccine.

This might be the wrong forum for such a diatribe, but I feel for Rhyce Shaw and everyone in the industry affected by Covid and mistakes made by all levels of government, and also by individuals not doing the right thing.

I hope Shaw gets the support he needs. I have been where he is right now. Actually, three times. I am still battling the third war. My battles have also lead to physical issues I will never recover from. My young son hopefully won't see the worst of it until he is much older.

I don't know what is needed to fix NMFC, but there is something not right at Arden Street.
I love these attitudes of “big successful clubs”. FFS Geelong were on their knees not that long ago. Got MASSIVE gov funding, paid all their creditors bugger all and now dishing out the advice. Embarrassing garbage from you mate. Shocking.

Do people even think he's good?

Probably a few Sydney fans I guess.

Same with Lyon.

Game has well and truly passed them by.
15 years ago.

Agree with u. Absolute zero chance that Roos or Lyon coach again. Would be disastrous.

North should not make a panic decision. Just go with best candidate.

Probably Kingsley or Schofield imo.

Is Roos even as good as what people think? Melbourne have made one finals series since he was there.. Same bloke that give up Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) for Dom Tyson and Salem..

Lives off one premiership that took a Nick Davis miracle to win. He's not a bad coach, you don't win and make a GF through luck, but if Ross Lyon won any of his GF's he has Roos status as a fixer. He retired early before the sheen could be taken off his aura, which was a smart play. Also IMO anyone half competent could've taken Melbourne off the canvas, they were at the lowest possible point a club can be. Always been a bug bear of mine that he is revered like some God.

Can't see Roos wanting the gig, I believe his settled now, feel for Rhyce Shaw tho hope he can get well and put this behind him.
Voss's name is being thrown around a bit tho.

Melbourne got Roos because the club was at rock bottom and he was the best experienced coach not at a club. They had to change the culture right from the top - even if success hasn’t come yet on the field, it seems like the Dees is a decent place to work at judging from people I went to high school with that have worked there. I think people forget that footy clubs employ a lot of people, and if it’s a s**t workplace that has a big time flow on effect. Seems like that’s what’s happening with Essendon at the moment.

No clue about North, but I don’t reckon they’re at rock bottom yet - just rebuilding. Roos to Longmire is the most, for lack of a better term, successful succession plan that’s been enacted so far - but the Swans weren’t at a point of rebuilding when Longmire took over. Sheedy-Cameron is probably the best comparable example, but even then it’s not really comparable.

Experienced coach to start a rebuild hasn’t won a flag yet - they should just get a good assistant and stick with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back