Rumour Roos to coach North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Doesn’t Adam Kingsley have the job?

I am not trolling. More a lurker than a troll.

For decades, this club was nothing but a play thing for a select bunch of second-rate businessmen.

Now that it is a member-based, the biggest issue for the club is that the quality and quantity of members is lacking compared to the rest of the league.

The NMFC brand can't be about Shinboner spirit, Kangaroos, or whatever it is. Does the club have a purpose statement, a unique brand or a place in the framework of the Melbourne sporting landscape?

I want the club to survive. But Covid will change the league for a decade - at the very least... Expect contraction across the football industry. Salaries, games, crowds, TV money, media, country football, suburban teams, junior football and everything associated.

The nature of a winter contact sport and this virus will change the sport until we find treatment and/or a vaccine.

This might be the wrong forum for such a diatribe, but I feel for Rhyce Shaw and everyone in the industry affected by Covid and mistakes made by all levels of government, and also by individuals not doing the right thing.

I hope Shaw gets the support he needs. I have been where he is right now. Actually, three times. I am still battling the third war. My battles have also lead to physical issues I will never recover from. My young son hopefully won't see the worst of it until he is much older.

I don't know what is needed to fix NMFC, but there is something not right at Arden Street.
North is a well run club. Operates within its limitations. Will turn a profit for 2020. Remarkable.

Geelong on the other hand? $10 mil in debt and $0 revenue. Not good.

I am not trolling. I am more stating facts than a troll.

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Caro said that off field, Glenn Archer was being an incredibly destructive force behind the scenes at North and that he is essentially running the club (down the drain, that was the message I got). A bad administration will always be a huge problem for any footy club... always has huge flow-on effects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 20, 2001
Limerick Hotel
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
North Melbourne’s financial stability will allow it to give its new coach security to complete a lengthy rebuild

North Melbourne’s financial stability will allow it to negotiate with its incoming coach on a payout figure giving him the security to complete a lengthy rebuild. Jon Ralph has the latest on the search for Rhyce Shaw’s replacement.

North Melbourne’s financial stability will allow it to negotiate with its incoming coach on a payout figure giving him the security to complete a lengthy rebuild.

Brisbane legend Jon Brown believes his premiership captain Michael Voss should not go for the Roos position if he can be sacked with only a six-month payout figure.

AFL clubs who are “assisted” by the AFL in their finances must insert a maximum six-month payout clause into contracts.

It means a coach signing a long-term deal at a rebuilding club would be aware they could sack him at any time in that rebuild, meaning that terms of the deal were irrelevant.

But North Melbourne will again declare a small profit this season, with chairman Ben Buckley confirming recently the club is “unassisted”.

All clubs receive annual special distributions from the AFL, but those deemed “assisted” have had to use the AFL to borrow extra money during the COVID crisis.

It means the Roos are free to offer the kind of deal that they will need to secure an elite senior coach without feeling candidates could back out because of the lack of security.

Player managers said this week without added security there was no way they would recommend their coaching clients apply for a role of that scope without added security.

Voss joined the Channel 7 special comments team for the AFL Grand Final and did himself no harm with an assured and insightful performance.

The Roos are expected to announce their panel for the senior coaching search by the end of the week, meaning they will not have a coach by the upcoming trade period.

Paul Roos is expected to be on that panel, along with CEO Ben Amarfio, board member Glenn Archer, footy boss Brady Rawlings and chairman Buckley.

Voss would be one contender for the role alongside Collingwood’s Robert Harvey.

Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Paul Roos is expected to be on that panel, along with CEO Ben Amarfio, board member Glenn Archer, footy boss Brady Rawlings and chairman Buckley.
“I suggest Paul Roos” - Paul Roos

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
IMO they need to get a coach sorted before trade week and the drafting period starts. St Kilda didn’t do this when they sacked Waters for Richardson I think and it was a very unprofessional look and the club ended up being a basket case for a while

Caro said that off field, Glenn Archer was being an incredibly destructive force behind the scenes at North and that he is essentially running the club (down the drain, that was the message I got). A bad administration will always be a huge problem for any footy club... always has huge flow-on effects.

Caro also said we were relocating to the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back