Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf was the point of bringing him in for a year and then ******* him off.
How can 12 months be a good investment or long enough to justify anything.

The more time goes on the more this appointment just doesn’t make sense.

He brings Noble in and that’s great but when the inexperienced coach starts to struggle he’s nowhere to be seen?

The next time any user on here posts a critical analysis of the club, or the board, Brady, luff etc back off because it’s decisions like this that has us all pulling our hair out.

Wasn’t it his decision to move on?
Which makes the original decision to bring him in even more contentious.

How the hell do you walk away from the venture over the summer thinking all is well? Even after only 12 months.

I hope it works out for us but Roos had too much of a say at a critical time and ****ed off before any of it came to fruition. Yuck

Lmao wouldn’t the guidance of Roos be more needed now more than ever since we’ve culled the list further and gone backwards and the wheels are falling off in the coaching department as we seem to be so bereft of any working system on any part of the field?

If this was a laundry list of criteria where Roos would be needed in a situation, it’s now and he’s gotten the * outta dodge.

I was all for staying the course and remaining level-headed about the club, but there’s some seriously worrying signs and baffling decisions being made lately, its testing my faith.

Lmao wouldn’t the guidance of Roos be more needed now more than ever since we’ve culled the list further and gone backwards and the wheels are falling off in the coaching department as we seem to be so bereft of any working system on any part of the field?

If this was a laundry list of criteria where Roos would be needed in a situation, it’s now and he’s gotten the fu** outta dodge.

I was all for staying the course and remaining level-headed about the club, but there’s some seriously worrying signs and baffling decisions being made lately, its testing my faith.
It basically adds to a long list of off field acquisitions of big names that dropped off for whatever reason.
Paul Roos, Gubby Allen, Cameron Ling, etc.
We show great endeavor to go after hot property signings to assist the coaches and they never last more than a few months for whatever reason.

Last edited:
It basically adds to a long list of off field acquisitions of big names that dropped off for whatever reason.
Paul Roos, Gubby Allen, Cameron Ling, etc.
We show great endeavor to go after hot property signings to assist the coaches and they never last more than a few months for wherever reason.
The Sweaty Pig was doing leadership or something?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The Sweaty Pig was doing leadership or something?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

My enduring memory of the disgusting pink pig was him lining up Lindsay Thomas after a BOG Friday night match where Thomas kicked 5 goals directly after a close family member had passed away, and he looked like he was almost in tears during the interview, and all the pink pig wanted to talk about was how much of a diver Thomas was. Disgusting human being and I have absolutely zero time for him.

My enduring memory of the disgusting pink pig was him lining up Lindsay Thomas after a BOG Friday night match where Thomas kicked 5 goals directly after a close family member had passed away, and he looked like he was almost in tears during the interview, and all the pink pig wanted to talk about was how much of a diver Thomas was. Disgusting human being and I have absolutely zero time for him.
He was a ******* that day.

Former Sydney Swans and Melbourne coach Paul Roos has opened up about his recent role at North Melbourne, saying that it was now ousted coach David Noble's decision to remove him from the footy department.

Noble coached the club for 38 games, winning only five of them, leading the Kangaroos to their first wooden spoon, and on their way to a second before they parted ways.

Speaking on Zero Hanger TV, Roos said that at first he enjoyed his time at the club but it became difficult once he knew he was unwanted.

"The first year was good because I was working with Nobes (David Noble) and the coaches... and then at the end of the first year they didn't want me to work with the football department and that was Nobes' decision," he said.

"You know the 'Roosy's not here, he's not coming in etc etc'.

"I think my big learning from that is if the coach doesn't want you to be there, it becomes really really difficult."

Roos, who coached Sydney to a premiership in 2005, says he loved working a new role this season, but the overcast of not being wanted, wasn't easy to deal with.

"So the second year, being this year, I've been working more with the executive team, working with the AFLW. I've loved working with Darren Crocker, Emma Kearney and the girls, that's been really fulfilling. But if you're not really embraced, it's really hard," he said.

The seven-time All-Australian thinks the partnership between himself and the club was gradually settling but couldn't pinpoint a reason for his removal from the football department.

"I think we made some inroads in the first year, and I think David appreciated me being at games and appreciated the conversation we were having, but for whatever reason he made the decision that 'no, we want to spend money elsewhere and don't want Roosy in the footy department anymore'," he said.

When asked if he would continue at North Melbourne next year, Roos' answer was no surprise.

"No, and I think it's best for both parties to be honest."

"I've learned a lot, it's just reaffirmed my views on leadership and culture and all the things that I know, and things that if you don't get right, you're going to be a really bad footy team and that's what I've learned at North Melbourne."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Sydney Swans and Melbourne coach Paul Roos has opened up about his recent role at North Melbourne, saying that it was now ousted coach David Noble's decision to remove him from the footy department.

Noble coached the club for 38 games, winning only five of them, leading the Kangaroos to their first wooden spoon, and on their way to a second before they parted ways.

Speaking on Zero Hanger TV, Roos said that at first he enjoyed his time at the club but it became difficult once he knew he was unwanted.

"The first year was good because I was working with Nobes (David Noble) and the coaches... and then at the end of the first year they didn't want me to work with the football department and that was Nobes' decision," he said.

"You know the 'Roosy's not here, he's not coming in etc etc'.

"I think my big learning from that is if the coach doesn't want you to be there, it becomes really really difficult."

Roos, who coached Sydney to a premiership in 2005, says he loved working a new role this season, but the overcast of not being wanted, wasn't easy to deal with.

"So the second year, being this year, I've been working more with the executive team, working with the AFLW. I've loved working with Darren Crocker, Emma Kearney and the girls, that's been really fulfilling. But if you're not really embraced, it's really hard," he said.

The seven-time All-Australian thinks the partnership between himself and the club was gradually settling but couldn't pinpoint a reason for his removal from the football department.

"I think we made some inroads in the first year, and I think David appreciated me being at games and appreciated the conversation we were having, but for whatever reason he made the decision that 'no, we want to spend money elsewhere and don't want Roosy in the footy department anymore'," he said.

When asked if he would continue at North Melbourne next year, Roos' answer was no surprise.

"No, and I think it's best for both parties to be honest."

"I've learned a lot, it's just reaffirmed my views on leadership and culture and all the things that I know, and things that if you don't get right, you're going to be a really bad footy team and that's what I've learned at North Melbourne."

He’s learned a lot…like it’s not ideal to be on the other side of the world when working for a sporting club. 👏🏼👏🏼

FML if it turns out Roos was completely pushed out rather than simply being absent due to his VISA nonsense then I'm going to feel ever so slightly silly about the whole Voodoo Doll thing.

Will be interesting to see if we, or Noble, respond to that.

To me it sounds like he was pushed out because he was already on the other side of the world.

To me it sounds like he was pushed out because he was already on the other side of the world.
Maybe, but year 2 was when the wheels didn't so much fall off as self immolate, and there was mail here that Nobes was looking for a mentor type figure towards the end. I think we had all been assuming Noble was sorely missing Roos influence (I certainly had been). It's one thing if his lack of availability to be physically there ruined things, it would be another if what availability there was we threw out the window because Noble thought he was good enough without training wheels.

More clarity around the situation would be good, but frankly what's done is done and I probably would have preferred if Roos never mentioned us ever again. Onwards and upwards as it were.

Maybe, but year 2 was when the wheels didn't so much fall off as self immolate and there was mail here that Nobes was looking for a mentor type figure towards the end. More clarity around the situation would be good, but frankly what's done is done and I probably would have preferred if Roos never mentioned us ever again.
Except when it's preceded by the words, Piss Off Paul..."

Nobes and Armafio - what an arrogant combination we had going there.

Of course neither of whom had achieved anything in their respective positions and who will never appear in these positions at any club ever again.

Well done to Sonja for moving them on - but it should never have been allowed to happen that someone with no experience or success in Nobes was reporting directly to a CEO who had no football experience and no CEO experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back