Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
You know who else coached multiple flags at Subi?

Scott Watters.

Have heard some very odd things about this bloke.

Malthouse really had the brown touch with all his assistants. Scary that Dean Laidley and Brad Scott have been the pick of 'em.

Q: Hi Tom, what’s the situation with North. Besides draft focus. Who are we looking to bring in to help our young list going forward. There’s plenty known about whose leaving but what about what’s coming in. And any truth to the Paul Roos situation ?

A:They are keen on Paul Roos to help out and mentor. But wouldn't be a full time role.

roos_tt29

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Q: Hi Tom, what’s the situation with North. Besides draft focus. Who are we looking to bring in to help our young list going forward. There’s plenty known about whose leaving but what about what’s coming in. And any truth to the Paul Roos situation ?

A:They are keen on Paul Roos to help out and mentor. But wouldn't be a full time role.
If the rumours surrounding Shaw are incorrect (and you hope they are for his own well being), these people need to have a real hard look at themselves...absolutely disgusting.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners

How the **** would that germ know? That answer would be a complete guess at best.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

1602748722192.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Have heard some very odd things about this bloke.

Malthouse really had the brown touch with all his assistants. Scary that Dean Laidley and Brad Scott have been the pick of 'em.
Apparently BS had a hearty chuckle when hearing of Watters' appointment.

Reverend Shinboner

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2009
Germany
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Paul Roos may be the right appointment, I don't know.

But I don't like the optics. Appointing Roos sends a message to all in Sunbury that North are up schitt's creek and need a war-time "safe pair of hands" to steer the ship. Maybe I'm deluded, but I had hoped that that wasn't actually the case...

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team

But I don't like the optics. Appointing Roos sends a message to all in Sunbury that North are up schitt's creek and need a war-time "safe pair of hands" to steer the ship. Maybe I'm deluded, but I had hoped that that wasn't actually the case...
I think that's a stretch.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We are up s*** creek.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yep with ya. Bringing Roos will be media sensationalised like we are a basket case. And now when he doesn’t come it will be sold as an even bigger mess that even he couldn’t help.
FFS I hope we’ve got some good news coming that ain’t just all hinged on this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Joey7

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brad hardy said he will be coaching with Blakey as his assistant

North Melbourne will turn to Roos

13/10/2020 8:25 AM / 08:15
Award winning sports news breaker, Kim Hagdorn, joins Steve and Baz at 6:55am and 7:45am every weekday on 6PR Breakfast.
Brad Hardie filled in for Haggers on Tuesday and told us North Melbourne will have a new coach going forward and Paul Roos is likely to get a call

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
IMO we need a balance of North people & highly respected external AFL people.

The North people (Blakey, Archer, Rawlings) helps retain our culture.

The highly respected External AFL people (Roos, Brown, Other), helps bring in outside experience & will f*** off a lot of the ambulance chasers. Watch Caro back off if Roos joins.

Brad hardy said he will be coaching with Blakey as his assistant

North Melbourne will turn to Roos

13/10/2020 8:25 AM / 08:15
Award winning sports news breaker, Kim Hagdorn, joins Steve and Baz at 6:55am and 7:45am every weekday on 6PR Breakfast.
Brad Hardie filled in for Haggers on Tuesday and told us North Melbourne will have a new coach going forward and Paul Roos is likely to get a call

Damo, Morris and Browne have all mentioned that Roos won't be coaching, but more in a mentor role.

So who do we trust?

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
If so then he would be shown the door immediately. I don't think it's possible to have a formal contract in place as a coach for a future period though.
hmmm... dunno. He's professional with integrity. Those type of people in all walks of life carry on and perform to an even higher degree in the knowledge their actions would face outside scrutiny and speculation. Look at Ricciardo in F1, 4th in drivers standings to date having announced a move elsewhere prior to the season even getting under way.......admittedly the car is improving but has no right to be that high in standings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back