barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Damo, Morris and Browne have all mentioned that Roos won't be coaching, but more in a mentor role.

So who do we trust?
47B49526-FEE4-4580-A657-EC6A6E4247FF.jpeg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Damo, Morris and Browne have all mentioned that Roos won't be coaching, but more in a mentor role.

So who do we trust?

They all sell advertising for a living..................so none of them.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GM Football - Brady Rawlings
List Manager - Glenn Luff
Recruiting Manager - Scott Clayton

Head Coach - Rhyce Shaw
Senior Assistant Coach - John Blakey
Senior Assistant - Paul Roos

Head of Development - Gavin Brown
Development Coach - Leigh Adams
Development Coach - Brent Harvey

Pretty impressive coaching/footy dept staff. Perfect to steer through the next couple years of rebuilding IMO.

A bit to play out re Rhyce, but regardless of what happens, our 2021 Coach will have a great deal of experience behind them to be successful.

Joey7

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So who do we trust?

hahaha none of them - Ive got a direct contact in the club but I’m trying not to probe be at the minute but god it’s hard.

I trust that we will come out of this with real direction

people pot us when where down and when we are up - but I still believe with some higher standards, the right people and the attempt to get 4-5 picks in 25 we are on the right track for the first time in a long time

As members - ask yourself - do you wanna sit 8-14th for another 20 years? Don’t think so

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GM Football - Brady Rawlings
List Manager - Glenn Luff
Recruiting Manager - Scott Clayton

Head Coach - Rhyce Shaw
Senior Assistant Coach - John Blakey
Senior Assistant - Paul Roos

Head of Development - Gavin Brown
Development Coach - Leigh Adams
Development Coach - Brent Harvey

Pretty impressive coaching/footy dept staff. Perfect to steer through the next couple years of rebuilding IMO.

A bit to play out re Rhyce, but regardless of what happens, our 2021 Coach will have a great deal of experience behind them to be successful.
Hopefully that's not all of our soft cap space. We'll need a forward, mid and backline coach at the very least before this is all over.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
hahaha none of them - Ive got a direct contact in the club but I’m trying not to probe be at the minute but god it’s hard.

I trust that we will come out of this with real direction

people pot us when where down and when we are up - but I still believe with some higher standards, the right people and the attempt to get 4-5 picks in 25 we are on the right track for the first time in a long time

As members - ask yourself - do you wanna sit 8-14th for another 20 years? Don’t think so
Start probing your insider

The pages of bs on here are bs

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hopefully that's not all of our soft cap space. We'll need a forward, mid and backline coach at the very least before this is all over.

Will be close.

I think there will be a lot of out of work assistants that would be willing to come in for a bit less then they’d previously been on, to remain involved in the industry.

Joey7

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Start probing your insider

The pages of bs on here are bs

I will but they’ve been away so they probably know as much as us to be honest.

I do know the Roos thing is true in what capacity we don’t know yet

The Shaw rumour I also have no idea on so there’s so much I wanna ask but don’t wanna overstep it

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I will but they’ve been away so they probably know as much as us to be honest.

I do know the Roos thing is true in what capacity we don’t know yet

The Shaw rumour I also have no idea on so there’s so much I wanna ask but don’t wanna overstep it

Get cracking Joey7

The North Melbourne hierarchy may indeed ultimately find that Shaw is their man. However, it’s essential the Roos conduct a genuine coaching search and leave no stone unturned.

The obvious comparison to what is happening with Rhyce Shaw at Arden St, is what occurred at the Sydney Swans some 17 years ago, following coach Rodney Eade being relieved of his duties halfway through the season.

At the time, club legend Paul Roos stepped in on an interim basis. He, like Shaw, possessed precious little experience in coaching at any level, yet was able to make a very quick impression on the playing group and helped the Swans win six of their last ten matches.

Despite Sydney reportedly having the Bulldogs' coach, Terry Wallace, lined up to ultimately replace Eade the following season, the sheer force of the Paul Roos small resume compelled the Swans to make the deal permanent.

History, of course, tells us that Roos was able to mould the Sydney Swans into one of the league’s most formidable outfits, and within three years, broke a 72-year VFL/AFL Premiership drought.

Rhyce Shaw needn’t require that type of pressure in his young coaching career, but it’s something North Melbourne fans can fantasise about - at least, for as long as this current honeymoon lasts.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would a management consultant reporting to the board be considered under the soft cap?

If the answer is no and we have to have him, do it that way.
I believe a club can hire whoever they want, the difference is the soft cap is paid by the AFL whereas the money outside of it is paid by the club. The bigger clubs have an advantage in that respect because they can hire whoever they want (extra skills/nutrition people etc). With an AFL paid soft cap poorer clubs are at least brought to a somewhat even level.

Last edited:
Back