Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

people pot us when where down and when we are up

This is another core facet of the traditional shinboner culture. Complete defiance of the establishment.

We tried playing nice with them in the post 2007 era and that failed. It will always fail. * them anyway.

Defiance is our creed.

I can see merit in an impartial outsider getting access all areas to help sort out the club's current malaise.

But why Paul Roos?

Why not rehire Geoff Walsh, poach Gubby Allen or look at the myriad of very experienced operators out there who come without the evangelist tag and have real, credible cross-industry experience?

I believe a club can hire whoever they want, the difference is the soft cap is paid by the AFL whereas the money outside of it is paid by the club. The bigger clubs have an advantage in that respect because they can hire whoever they want (extra skills/nutrition people etc). With an AFL paid soft cap poorer clubs are at least brought to a somewhat even level.
Not quite, the soft cap is a "luxury tax" on spending that exceeds the cap (hence being soft instead of hard). From Wikipedia:
Clubs that exceed the football department cap will pay the AFL the lesser of $1 million or 37.5% of the excess, and repeat offenders will pay the lesser of 75% of the excess or $2 million

I can see merit in an impartial outsider getting access all areas to help sort out the club's current malaise.

But why Paul Roos?

Why not rehire Geoff Walsh, poach Gubby Allen or look at the myriad of very experienced operators out there who come without the evangelist tag and have real, credible cross-industry experience?

Geoff Walsh? I don’t think we need him back at the club again, do we?

I find it kind of annoying tbh, who the hell told the media about us looking at Roos before he had even confirmed he was going to take the role?

Was it someone in the club? Roos? Roos agent?

I find it kind of annoying tbh, who the hell told the media about us looking at Roos before he had even confirmed he was going to take the role?

Was it someone in the club? Roos? Roos agent?

I suspect he has already agreed to join and it's just details being ironed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, I was always hoping Shawry would be our long-term coach.

If for some reason we are changing coaches then the two straight forward choices are Clarko and Simmo. Both NMFC and both the best in the comp.

If we’re going for next tier then Schofield from Port is a no brainer, I said this when Scotts was shown the door, Schofield’s resume is as good as any aspiring AFL coach in the country - AFL Premiership player, 3 x Premiership coach with Subiaco and apparently his players go to war for him.

One things for sure, this is a massive decision for the club as it will be their 3rd coach in a couple of years for most players.

Given we are still in a period of hearsay on Shaw, I still hope he will be our coach going forward with some better support.

Given we are still in a period of hearsay on Shaw, I still hope he will be our coach going forward with some better support.
Absolutely TA, I'm an unashamed Shaw fan.

I'm starting to think the silence from the club on this is an indication our club has big footy stock and wants to drive traffic on the site.

I'm starting to think the silence from the club on this is an indication our club has big footy stock and wants to drive traffic on the site.

Maybe that is how we've managed to turn a profit this year.

Amarfio is a genius!

Agree, we've played some really exciting footy under Shaw despite all the bad that's been incurred and it may not be for lack of Shaw's experience.

Credit where it's due; he's made very bold moves, he has a galvanized group of young players, he's not deluding himself as to where we're at and considering every player necessary, and it's not outside every coaches resume to have a very poor first year, especially in a rebuild, doubly so in a hub-life COVID impacted season, something that is quite literally unprecedented.

If it takes Paul Roos to steady the ship until Shaw finds his feet, in what would be in as little as 12 months, what's the harm in that? As long as he's still our man going forward I'm fine with it, I think Rhyce's best has yet to come.

Just received an email from North stating :

We have been acutely aware of speculation regarding our head coach, but we have not been in a position to say anything as we are respecting the wishes of Rhyce and his family. Rhyce has asked for some time and space away from football and we have provided him support during this period. We thank the media for their ongoing cooperation and trust they understand we can’t make further comment at this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back