Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm guessing Roos just made his first presentation to the AFL for the club getting a priority pick, if things like this are suddenly being fabricated leaking.

Yeah I don't think the narrative would have been "they shouldn't be getting Roos (our go to) in to advise them. It makes next to no sense for them to do that.

Narrative has likely moved a bit now as I have little doubt we will ask for a PP and less doubt that when we do it will be through the lens of Paul Roos analysis of where we are at and that is becoming clearer to them.

If we were to pick up another pick (prior to academy and F/S recalcs) within the top 20 it would be a huge get for us.

Asked for a PP?
I don’t know, it’s certainly an interesting hit piece.
Summary
NMFC got rid of a whole heap of people in short succession, Paul Roos is respected knowledgable figure in the industry. At ground zero of a rebuild, coaching staff included, NMFC is wasting money hiring him

um wtf.

did he run over Barrett’s cat?

Yeah I don't think the narrative would have been "they shouldn't be getting Roos (our go to) in to advise them. It makes next to no sense for them to do that.

Narrative has likely moved a bit now as I have little doubt we will ask for a PP and less doubt that when we do it will be through the lens of Paul Roos analysis of where we are at and that is becoming clearer to them.

If we were to pick up another pick (prior to academy and F/S recalcs) within the top 20 it would be a huge get for us.
Personally I think we're a better chance of getting non-draft related equalisation assistance than we are of getting a PP outright. If they help us poach, and pay for, VFL or conditioning/medical staff then that might ultimately be more beneficial than a (non pick 2) priority pick. They've poached and paid for staff at other clubs and the public support for PP's is possibly at an all time low, so I think it's a reasonable expectation of something they would be willing to do in the name of equalisation and helping a struggling club.

And through that lens, them saying our finances are a bit of a concern actually works in our favour of getting a nice concession from them if we play it right.

All just my opinion, but I'm not shattered at this sudden pot shot at us. I too think it's a sign that they recognise we might have a good case to ask for help, and the perfect messenger to deliver it through.

All valid points but what I really want to know is whether the deer is alright. Also, did it manage to catch any barrels?

No but it snagged several mysterious packages on its antlers which later turned out to be 10 kilos of uncut Bolivian cocaine. Said deer was last seen in the vicinity of the North Pole with several reindeer who all had red noses and apparently were flying quite high. Santa clause is not amused 😒

But when Melbourne tanked the sh*t out of themselves only to cop an AFL paid fine and no draft penalties, they were subsidised by the AFL themselves to hire Paul Roos as senior coach.

Thanks for the consistency you goats.
No no no King Corey
According to there supporters they didn’t lay down and cheat the system it was just bad luck in what happened after all there the only Tennent of the MCG and the other clubs that share the ground with them are unwelcome Trash.
I bet if the NMFC did what they did we would be just about rounded up and forced out of the AFL.
So if people Within the AFL have said this it’s up to either the Chairman ,CEO or a past great of our club EG:Glenn Archer to say something in response but all 3 won’t as there scared of the AFL.

I don’t know, it’s certainly an interesting hit piece.
Summary
NMFC got rid of a whole heap of people in short succession, Paul Roos is respected knowledgable figure in the industry. At ground zero of a rebuild, coaching staff included, NMFC is wasting money hiring him

um wtf.

did he run over Barrett’s cat?
Paul Roos is a total waste of Club (and AFL $$$) after all the Club gets additional AFL funds because of our lack of crowds and Marvel Stadium deal. The fact that we have to pay a consultant to tell us how to do our core business reflects extremely poorly on the quality of our management and Board. Sadly we have paid too much in payouts and the AFL monitor these issues and rightly so. Time to get some fire power on the Board and a decent CEO who understands core football business.

Paul Roos is a total waste of Club (and AFL $$$) after all the Club gets additional AFL funds because of our lack of crowds and Marvel Stadium deal. The fact that we have to pay a consultant to tell us how to do our core business reflects extremely poorly on the quality of our management and Board. Sadly we have paid too much in payouts and the AFL monitor these issues and rightly so. Time to get some fire power on the Board and a decent CEO who understands core football business.
interesting posting history…
Trollololoo
Regardless of your opinion of Caroline the bottom line is that she is 100% correct with her commentary. The club under Brayshaw has failed to deliver the business model that would allow the club the be a "Melbourne based club"

He has come to realise that the key drivers that enables a club to prosper and thrive in Melbourne are Membership and Attendences - something the club earns wooden spoons for and will probably continue to do so into the future - regardless of on field performance. This is despite the additional deal done at Etihad that pay $100,000 per game minimum !!!

Our supporters do not convert enough to Members and our attendence at home games is pathetic - don't be seduced by the Carlton game as the majority were Carlton gate paying attendees !!
These factors have the Commission so concerned that they have pushed us south to Hobart

The R word will remain into the forseeable future as the influences in Tasmania will not die until a team playing 12 games homes games in Tasmania succeeds and it will not be Hawthorn. The Hawks deal is too good to continue - the Govt is being ripped off so much

Sure North will benefit from the additional $$$ from this Hobart deal and as such will come to rely upon these extra $$$ as part of the future budgets for football expenditure and the likes - the reality it will never be able to return to 12 home games in Melbourne as the $$$ will not be there

The conclusion - the AFL will take away the Special Assistance money it pays to clubs very soon (the other Clubs are pushing this hard) - all clubs will need to stand on there own 2 feet - the ONLY option will be a relocation to Tasmania

Tasmanian Kangas - GREAT !!!!! Gold Coast in winter sounds better to me !!

Hi Mrs. De Rauch!

Sadly we have paid too much in payouts and the AFL monitor these issues and rightly so. Time to get some fire power on the Board and a decent CEO who understands core football business.

so your answer to having too many payouts is to pay more payouts?

No no no King Corey
According to there supporters they didn’t lay down and cheat the system it was just bad luck in what happened after all there the only Tennent of the MCG and the other clubs that share the ground with them are unwelcome Trash.
I bet if the NMFC did what they did we would be just about rounded up and forced out of the AFL.
So if people Within the AFL have said this it’s up to either the Chairman ,CEO or a past great of our club EG:Glenn Archer to say something in response but all 3 won’t as there scared of the AFL.

FMD the tin foil hats are out in force...
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember you.

Limerick and Roosviews - your position and passion is admirable, as are your desires to join the Board and best of luck with threse pursuits come February. However as someone with an indepth knowledge of Club finances, our debt and forward Budget projections we must seriously consider a long term hybrid strategy of being a "two town" club. The AFL effectively are controlling the finances of several clubs and by a mere stroke of the pen as in fixturing can impact Gate Receipt incomes by up to a $million in a single season - these are facts.

We are best to work with the AFL in working up a way that the two town strategy can deliver the best of both worlds - and from a long term NMFC/Kangaroos member I am determined to ensure that we get the right outcome that may preserve our membership base in Melbourne AND provide the necessary income stream from Gold Coast games.

I know many of those shareholders who contributed many hundreds of thousands of dollars more than a decade ago , be they ex and current Board members and a more passionate group you wont find - however they are now accepting that a major position on the Gold Coast MUST be taken. Whilst there is some tension and division at Board level - there is consensus that this new strategy may be make or break.

Whilst I am sure that the Club can get better at various administrative, membership, marketing and PR aspects as are frequently suggested on BF - take it from someone who know the financial facts - this is merely nickel and diming and WILL NOT have a material impact on a sustainable business model.

It is time to accept the situation as it is, trust the Board and in particular the Chairman and lets not fight gravity.

Yes Paul.

This morning I listened to an interview with Peter Jackson ex Melbourne ceo about his time at Melbourne.
He spoke about the time they sacked mark neeld and how he chased Paul Roos.
He wanted an experienced coach and had engaged Roos for advice and Jackson’s ploy was to keep Roos engaged in it and hopefully he will change his mind as he had initially turned down the offer to coach. Roos as we know took the job.
Jackson said Roos always spoke about buy in, accountability and setting the standards not wavering. Sounds very familiar.
A very smart move by a North to get him involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back