Game Day Roos v Bye Annual GD Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Know what you mean. I’ve been finding less time for it this year. There’s still enough good folks and good chat to make it worth hanging around. There’s threads I won’t even open any more these days though.

Less time because life is busier or your not engaged anymore?

Thread needs more TikTok vids Snake_Baker
What an absolutely superstar horse. I remember waking up and watching this horse win gold. I remember being entirely captivated and cheering at whatever time in the morning it was. A couple of years later I was working in a pub in England only a Malcolm Blight barrel from an equestrian college that the great Matt Ryan had been to in some capacity

What an absolutely superstar horse. I remember waking up and watching this horse win gold. I remember being entirely captivated and cheering at whatever time in the morning it was. A couple of years later I was working in a pub in England only a Malcolm Blight barrel from an equestrian college that the great Matt Ryan had been to in some capacity

I lold

Tik Tok the video app, but yeh a Horse too

I lold

Tik Tok the video app, but yeh a Horse too
Am a long way behind technology. Had a football fixture on an app. once, and I was told I needed the app. I mentioned that I had had a nap and was still none the wiser. The only other tic toc I know, apart from the crocodile from Peter Pan, are these :)

But when it’s all said and done this Board just ain’t fun anymore, so I will have to reassess what I do. It’s not worth the hassle coming on here and dealing with angst. Real life has enough of that. Big Footy was always about escaping the world and finding North fans to chat, laugh and talk North. This year it’s just become a chore.
Know what you mean. I’ve been finding less time for it this year. There’s still enough good folks and good chat to make it worth hanging around. There’s threads I won’t even open any more these days though.
Wonder what threads they might be?! 🙄

I have been told it’s just a case of pining for ‘the good ol’ days’ and that they never existed.

Not sure if ‘Shut up and keep posting on BF’ or ‘Make BF great again.’

A couple of observations of the game.

It was a scrappy win but I'll take it. The Bye were up for the fight no doubt. Is it just me or were our blokes crashing into each a lot?

Not sure why Shaw left that Bye loose across half back. He killed us. Hmmmm.

Goldy for Pete's sake knock it to our blokes advantage. Sheesh!

The umpiring was pathetic. They got a lot of head high frees that weren't there. And what was that down the field bullshit free in the 3rd? That was dropping the ball against them and then they get that soft free. Joke.

Bag the 4 points and onto the Maggies. They won't be as easy that's for sure.

A couple of observations of the game.

It was a scrappy win but I'll take it. The Bye were up for the fight no doubt. Is it just me or were our blokes crashing into each a lot?

Not sure why Shaw left that Bye loose across half back. He killed us. Hmmmm.

Goldy for Pete's sake knock it to our blokes advantage. Sheesh!

The umpiring was pathetic. They got a lot of head high frees that weren't there. And what was that down the field ******** free in the 3rd? That was dropping the ball against them and then they get that soft free. Joke.

Bag the 4 points and onto the Maggies. They won't be as easy that's for sure.
The Bye this year looked much bigger than last year, I bet they’ve been on the Peptides too..

I’m sure Gil will give them pick 1 in the 2019 draft anyways.

The Bye this year looked much bigger than last year, I bet they’ve been on the Peptides too..

I’m sure Gil will give them pick 1 in the 2019 draft anyways.
The Bye always plays well after the Bye.

Okay fair enough

But here’s the history

No one touched GD tag when a new BF build occurred in 2012ish.

So not being able to get to the games every week I started creating it for Game Day Chat when the game was running.

Through 2014/16 it became a highlight around here for some of us to do the pi$$ take GD Thread and most thought it was funny or whatever, some not, but generally the OP was getting 30 likes or more. I kept on doing it.

The running joke was that you don’t post GD the day before whether that be 11.59pm or 11.30pm. It again was a laugh and pi$$take at my expense which didn’t bother me.

As far as I remember you weren’t on here during that time so maybe you missed out on this banter.

This thread started amongst it all at the Bye Round in 2015 and this is the fourth year. It again is clearly a pi$$take.

I have looked back at my thread creating this year and I have made 4 in 6 months. My posting is decline because I don’t have the time to post any more.

So yeh I don’t really care when the Thread is created for GD, again it was a pi$$ take about the time.

Your right, I am not prepared to create a sanitised analysis of the upcoming game. So yeh, I agree that’s it not for me and creating them. Knock yourselves out whoever wants to put the time into that.

Tim’s stuff is 6 years of tradition and knowing the kindness in his posts away from GD I don’t think he goes out of his way to be antagonistic with his Cat and Flying High posts.

But when it’s all said and done this Board just ain’t fun anymore, so I will have to reassess what I do. It’s not worth the hassle coming on here and dealing with angst. Real life has enough of that. Big Footy was always about escaping the world and finding North fans to chat, laugh and talk North. This year it’s just become a chore.

What the * are we? ( old Indian tribe)

Has nm bf become middle aged?

Also I'm eagerly awaiting The Other Dean 's contribution here. No pressure TOD!

Cheers, OP, but if I'm reading Bigeasy's earlier post right, it appears it's too late now.

I'm just glad I remembered to set the Foxtel to record it.

I was pretty nervous about how we'd go this week, too. Pleased to hear the boys turned up to play. They never used to do that under Brad. Took him the best part of 10 years to get a good bye out of the team.

The trick now is to use the bye as a springboard to bigger and better things in the second half of the season.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers, OP, but if I'm reading Bigeasy's earlier post right, it appears it's too late now.

I'm just glad I remembered to set the Foxtel to record it.

I was pretty nervous about how we'd go this week, too. Pleased to hear the boys turned up to play. They never used to do that under Brad. Took him the best part of 10 years to get a good bye out of the team.

The trick now is to use the bye as a springboard to bigger and better things in the second half of the season.

giphy.gif
if you ever needed evidence that we are on the wrong end of the calls from the umpires here it is. we try and get to the contest and get tunnelled by the bye and still no free. get stuffed you bald flog.

Less time because life is busier or your not engaged anymore?
Bit of both. Few changes to our home routine means less free time in the evenings, and the sort of posts I like to do - a bit of research to test and back up (or disprove) my opinions - are harder to find time for. And like you said, the zeitgeist around here the first couple of months of the season, both footy and non-footy, has just made it less fun.
Wonder what threads they might be?! 🙄

I have been told it’s just a case of pining for ‘the good ol’ days’ and that they never existed.

Not sure if ‘Shut up and keep posting on BF’ or ‘Make BF great again.’
Not sure either. I think if you want it to be a better place, making your own positive contributions is the only way you can help that's in your own control. So 'shut up and keep posting' maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back