Autopsy Roos v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, my posting history should make it clear that I only post when drunk. But I'm smashed!

I thought we were great tonight. I don't think anyone was bad. Maybe Goldy, but we know why.

BMac and especially Mullett, I thought were good. Mullet won some contested ball, I was shocked. But get around him!

First 10 minutes were what we've dreamed of for years - clearance, mark, goal. Brought the pressure - that's what separates 2016 North from previous models.

Tarrant was so good. Mark mark mark. Spud, damn he was good. One of our most consistent AFL standard players, I don't know why everyone doesn't see it.

Jed looks good to me, he is very "almost" currently. He pulled one centre clearance of pure beauty. And what are these Hawks made of? That Cwood prick was concussed from pure body on body... ASADA need to check out the Hawks concrete injection program. But I think Jed is nearly there, I think nerves got him a few times when he had time. There is huge talent there.

Frog, s**t boy, he is composed in the real heat. Competetive bastard I reckon. Takes a moment before disposing. Looked like he was on Treloar for most of the night, then shackles off in the last? I'd play him every week.

Can I just say Drew was great? Not perfect, but really good in all facets. Thanks again Drew, you bloody champ.

Ok this is getting to obscene rambling levels. Maj, mark of the year. BBB always contesting, Lindsay I love you, Cunners that's more like it, Clarkey you're a star, Swallow hungry beast, Wellsy nothing more to say, GO ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

LT's post match interview for those who haven't seen it yet

Thanks for posting that Giantroo.

Great interview. Well done LT.

And you could tell that Dennis and co were genuinely taken back by the 'humanity' of LT. It was almost as if, for the first time, they saw a person rather than a "ducker"

Reporter: "Will you persist with Majak Daw? He does the spectacular, like that mark, then drops a simple one soon after."

Scott: "Absolutely we'll persist with him.................."

This will give him some confidence.

I noticed Brad tried a lot of different things during the game which really made us unpredictable and I suppose he kept positive as he could, to not get sucked into the form slump

The players know how to grind out wins and make the game on their terms. It felt like our form was similar to the first round 9 wins

It still is mostly about mindset with us

Good to see Ziebs spend a lot of time forward. Didn't look as dangerous as he has in the past but provided an option. He still ended up having roughly the same amount of possessions anyway so we didn't really lose anything by not having him in the guts the whole time.

Taz and Spud both played terrific 4 quarter games.

LT was terrific. His coming in off the square was as sexy as his goals.

Petrie played the role he needs to play for the rest of the year.

Cunners was good.

Gibbo played well for 4 quarters but his opponent was ok too.

The other good players dominated for a half only.

Wells early ( it was a rolled Gold domination )
Clarke late ( aerobically crushed everyone in the 4th )
Dumont late

Concerns

Anderson ( still very early, so not panicking )
Mullett ( won't be on the list next year )
McKenzie ( slower than Cunnington and can't kick )
Goldy ( just going to battle until surgery at years end )
Daw ( been around as long as Boomer and didn't lead up when he was the only player inside 50 )
Dal ( finished at years end )

Interested to know who instigated this.......must have more of it.

Why so shitty? You asked for reasons why he casts so much doubt and I gave you my opinion.

A natural footballer knows where the ball is going, where to run to position, when to make space for your teamates, when to attack the contest.

Majak has struggled with this in the past and while he has improved I believe has some issues in this regard.
Totally agree with you but it can still be taught especially when Maj brings heaps to the table. Way I see it....he'll get a good group of games in now to :- A/ show us he can improve on these deficiencies
B/ or show other clubs what he has to offer thus bumping up his value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the use of Thomas charging into the center ballups, he got there in perfect time to be an outside option with serious pace. Thomas, along with Clarkes game and JZ more up forward gave our mids a far better balance.

Taz - yet another great game! All those frustrating years with injury, to clearly one of the best key defenders in the comp.

I think anyone who is doubt of our structures should see the Collingwood v Adel game.........they seem to move the ball way easier against the crows. They struggled against us.

Last edited:
My lady goes for Collingwood. We lay in bed and speak of the game and eventually I start to drift off. A wide smile comes upon my face. Why? Because Ryan Clarke plays football for my team.

Well, that story ended unexpectedly... maybe I just have a dirty mind.

Thanks for posting that Giantroo.

Great interview. Well done LT.

And you could tell that Dennis and co were genuinely taken back by the 'humanity' of LT. It was almost as if, for the first time, they saw a person rather than a "ducker"
Reckon you'd have to be a pretty piss weak person to continue to lay the boots into Lindsay after watching this.

Feels good waking up this morning :D That is the best part about playing Friday night and winning, you can enjoy the rest of the round :cool:. Now, it is a shame the way the round has worked with draw, the other 4 teams sitting on our number of wins (Cats, Eagles, Swans and Giants) - only Geelong has a reasonable chance of losing. And that depends on how Dangerfield plays:pensive:. Go Crows, I'm on your bandwagon this weekend :bus: :runner::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back