Roos V Saints - Rd 19, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest issue I had with the umpiring was they effectively umpired Bruce out of the contest. For a period of the game they deliberately paid anything they could against him. No idea why but it was pretty blatant & it helped rattle some of our forwards. Umpires should never influence a game like that.

North were better overall and they always threatened to dominate if we dropped off the pressure. We did that for 10 minutes and they split the game open. That was the difference. Our goal kicking was woeful but North's wasn't much better early.

Bottom line, we weren't good enough for long enough.

We need to improve our F50 efficiency and we need more height in the spine against good teams.

You should the autopsy thread on the St Kilda board.........Saints were apparently the better side and the umps killed them. That is all.
So you have not read the saints board where most people are saying bad kicking = bad football

Good to know that you struggle with basic English :rainbow:

Was ordinary, but didnt change the result.

North too good. Umpires are just campaigners

Cheers.
All the best to the saints in the future, will play finals next year.
One of the few opposition teams who don't s**t me to tears.

We have had our fair share of shoddy umpiring at times.
The prelim final last year comes to mind, complete momentum sapping decisions...

So you have not read the saints board where most people are saying bad kicking = bad football

Good to know that you struggle with basic English :rainbow:

There was one solitary post about North stifling St Kilda all night. This was the real reason North won, not St Kilda's kicking for goal or the umps. We missed a heap of shots too. I speak English and read it well but I can also understand football.

I like North. My team in the RL is blue and white.

Great lockdown game by the Kangas tonight.

Would have liked to win but we will learn much from a game like that. I am confident we are improving enough to use this game and really get a lot out of it.

Finals for us was a pipe dream and sometimes losses can be better than wins in the long run.

Good luck to your team in the finals.

Boomer is a little champ

There was one solitary post about North stifling St Kilda all night. This was the real reason North won, not St Kilda's kicking for goal or the umps. We missed a heap of shots too. I speak English and read it well but I can also understand football.
And yet most of the posts say otherwise.

You are fishing with poor quality bait my friend.

Congrats to North, they beat us fair and square with the umpires help.

Good luck to them when they play West Coast at Subiaco in an Elimination Final.

May well end up that way given our draw. But.... the positive of that is our destiny is really in our own hands. Every one of the next 4 games is an 8 pointer, so this group has a chance to make up for that mid season slump. Not expecting on the skill level seen tonight but should it click then at their best this group can trouble most teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do and you are correct. Our kicking was terrible though. But the ball goes back to the centre after a goal so the course of the game changes. As we were beaten in clearances chsnces are North would have scored more goals.
The North defence all over the ground was the difference as it was in game one. Only difference is that North ran out if legs in game 1

I like North. My team in the RL is blue and white.

Great lockdown game by the Kangas tonight.

Would have liked to win but we will learn much from a game like that. I am confident we are improving enough to use this game and really get a lot out of it.

Finals for us was a pipe dream and sometimes losses can be better than wins in the long run.

Good luck to your team in the finals.

Boomer is a little champ
Great post. From where you where you were in 15 to 16 is huge. Exciting times for the saints.

Wow i'm about to watch the recording of the game.
Lots of angry saints fans in here, was the umpiring that bad?
For alan richardson to mention it, yes. HTB twice bruce wasnt paid and hickey into knees WTF!?!? Thats 3 goals there. Im not talking about minor 50/50 frees. These were blatant mistakes that swung the game 3 goals to the NM side.
They were cleaner and deserved the win. No doubt. But not by that much is all were saying.

Gresham, Billings, Acres, Ross, Dunstan, Wright, Minchy, Membrey etc etc etc. woeful kicking, worst of year, but it happens. I feel happy. Most saints fans should. We got something here. Have gone to a new level and theres plenty to go. That was a bad game yet we didnt lose it. hard to explain but looking great.

For alan richardson to mention it, yes. HTB twice bruce wasnt paid and hickey into knees WTF!?!? Thats 3 goals there. Im not talking about minor 50/50 frees. These were blatant mistakes that swung the game 3 goals to the NM side.
They were cleaner and deserved the win. No doubt. But not by that much is all were saying.

Gresham, Billings, Acres, Ross, Dunstan, Wright, Minchy, Membrey etc etc etc. woeful kicking, worst of year, but it happens. I feel happy. Most saints fans should. We got something here. Have gone to a new level and theres plenty to go. That was a bad game yet we didnt lose it. hard to explain but looking great.
Looking forward to watching the game again. Will be happy to post about frees that we missed or soft frees to the Saints. I am tipping we both had poor decisions for and against.

Looking forward to watching the game again. Will be happy to post about frees that we missed or soft frees to the Saints. I am tipping we both had poor decisions for and against.
Of course thats part of the game.
But please let me know of more blatant mistakes than those 3.
Theres none.
Im not blaming umpires this is not whats happening. You were better and deserved win not blaming umpires. But please even north fans must admit these 3 were highly insane frees to be paid/not paid. ALL In front of goal. ALL GOOD. Blessing in disguise.

uF6U0Nbg.png

Those who say Plug and all the other Saints fans are whingers, explain this?

It's baffling how we expected a different result tonight.

uF6U0Nbg.png

Those who say Plug and all the other Saints fans are whingers, explain this?

It's baffling how we expected a different result tonight.

So you don't get many or give many away? For differential you're probably middle range.

The Bruce holding the ball was pretty blatant but given you got a shot on goal from a free kick about five seconds later I'm not sure it was hugely influential. Brown was also being held around the waist by smaller opponents in almost every marking contest without reward.

So you don't get many or give many away? For differential you're probably middle range.

The Bruce holding the ball was pretty blatant but given you got a shot on goal from a free kick about five seconds later I'm not sure it was hugely influential. Brown was also being held around the waist by smaller opponents in almost every marking contest without reward.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/66893232c4234f095aeb3bcedb3bd45c

So we came last and second last in those counts back then, and since then we've cleaned up how many we're giving away but still getting pounded when it comes to frees for.

Explain how a side this year coming 9th could have the worst frees for record? It's insanity that anyone could say we're sooks for being upset about umpires when the proof is staring right at you?

Several match day threads with us complaining about non calls and us averaging the least free kicks for the year is a very clear connection!

I'm not going to say umpires were the only reason we lost tonight, we should've kicked better obviously and got smashed in clearances but the umpires were a sizable part of it and had a direct influence when the game was on the line and close.

Explain how a side this year coming 9th could have the worst frees for record? It's insanity that anyone could say we're sooks for being upset about umpires when the proof is staring right at you?

Brisbane and Collingwood are top five and Adelaide and Sydney are bottom half, so I don't think ladder position has a lot to do with it.

Brisbane and Collingwood are top five and Adelaide and Sydney are bottom half, so I don't think ladder position has a lot to do with it.

Variation of a few spots yes. Behind teams like Brisbane and Essendon? I'm sorry that's ridiculous.

The overarching point is that if anyone does have a right to complain about terrible umpiring it's St Kilda fans. The Hawks game the soft as butter ruck free against you lot directly cost us games and overall as the numbers clearly show we can't buy a free

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/66893232c4234f095aeb3bcedb3bd45c

You also proved that Umpires pay more free kicks against North than they do the Saints but you don't see me looking about it do you?

Do you expect everyone to have an equal outcome? Is that what equality means to you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back