Preview Roos Vs Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god. Clarkson and most smart coaches seasoned their kids in the AFL knowing it would generally yield a good draft pick and develop them at the same time. It was never tanking as in outright manipulating results in the Melbourne sense.

Schwab was actually trying, when he was jettisoned they just went full youth policy for the rest of the year and marched out experienced players who weren't going to be part of the future.

Clarkson didn't need to tank or chase high draft picks after 2008 because they almost always landed their mature targets so could basically pick and choose quality players to cover their gaps - Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson etc.

Collingwood had a proper reset in 2005, took Thomas and Pendlebury and regrouped.

Geelong ran games into several young recruits taken in the 1999-2001 period ahead of schedule to develop them.

They all knew the benefits of properly exposing younger players to AFL for a sustained period while maximising draft position.
Meanwhile, back in the VFL, after sitting out a bye last weekend, what were our young blokes doing for development? Ten pin bowling and a movie?

Interesting that we haven't heard boo from Corey McKernan over the last few weeks.

Corza would have been pretty upset but what we dished up last week - pretty much confirms the rumour that he was told by Buckley and co. to stop bagging the club.

Fingers crossed, he was told to stop because the winds of change are in full motion .
One can only hope

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They traded Croad for Hodge (could have picked Judd)

They then assaulted us with 3 1sts for Hay + Thompson.

We need to do something similar.

It was two 1sts and neither pick did anything.

That’s some downright nasty **** there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they actually wasted a heap of decent draft picks around that time (Harry Miller, Tom Murphy, Tom Little, Beau Dowler, Mitch Thorp, Beau Muston) but also drafted Buddy, Roughead, Lewis and Birchall in a two year span. There's the core of a flag side right there.

Yeah they actually wasted a heap of decent draft picks around that time (Harry Miller, Tom Murphy, Tom Little, Beau Dowler, Mitch Thorp, Beau Muston) but also drafted Buddy, Roughead, Lewis and Birchall in a two year span. There's the core of a flag side right there.

Just shows how tough drafting is.

Hawthorn nailed a couple of drafts and have basically traded since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left field suggestion, and I am not completely convinced of it myself, but what about the idea of giving TT the job on the Bont this weekend? He looks to have the height and athleticism to stay with him, he is the best tackler in the team with great closing speed, and the Bont will take him to the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left field suggestion, and I am not completely convinced of it myself, but what about the idea of giving TT the job on the Bont this weekend? He looks to have the height and athleticism to stay with him, he is the best tackler in the team with great closing speed, and the Bont will take him to the ball.

Endurance?

If the Dogs do beat us (last year) it will show what a club that doesn't waste time faffing around with namby pamby community bullcrap and AFLW virtue signalling can do when it sets its mind to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back