Test Root V Anderson and Broad.

Remove this Banner Ad

There were some fairly pointed comments from Anderson about the batting.

In response to Root's comments about the bowler's lengths in Adelaide maybe?

Doesn't seem to be a happy family. I don't know Chris Silverwood at all but does he have a strong presence and influence I wonder?

Silverwood is another big part of the problem. Apparently a good man but would be better as a manager. As coach over thinks things to the point the selection and strategy as we've seen is absolutely horrid. Plus HE is the selection panel. Just him and no one else. Is little wonder they are such a divided farce.

Silverwood is another big part of the problem. Apparently a good man but would be better as a manager. As coach over thinks things to the point the selection and strategy as we've seen is absolutely horrid. Plus HE is the selection panel. Just him and no one else. Is little wonder they are such a divided farce.

he could always try the 3 remaining squad members (lawrence, bess & overton) :)

Have heard from a few people that he is a really good fella but a puppet for the Board.

No suprise off field issues coming to a head to follow the onfield woes

There's been long standing murmours of a divide between the batters and bowlers in the England set up with most of the heat directed at the latter.

No doubt some embellished, particularly from KP, but I can't believe it's just come out of thin air. It's not like there's been a particularly robust defence of the bowling group over the years, except from the bowlers themselves.

There were some fairly pointed comments from Anderson about the batting.

In response to Root's comments about the bowler's lengths in Adelaide maybe?

Doesn't seem to be a happy family. I don't know Chris Silverwood at all but does he have a strong presence and influence I wonder?
Anderson is actually a decent guy but is a prickly backs to the wall character . He would have taken offence to any criticism of the bowling and fired back .
Broad suprising to most Aussies is a really good fella off field but a really driven competitor no holds barred on it .

These guys have been running shotgun for years.
No strong leadership at the top to help say Root manage them .

Roots a very average captain but clearly is being undermined on several fronts

Archer since the 2019 ashes has been disappointing in 9 tests he has picked up 20 wickets @ 42.90.

And 7 of those tests were in england, South Africa and new zealand which are considered bowler friendly conditions.

I think the lust has come off pretty quick with Jofra.

He had an awesome series against us in 19 but never backed it up afterwards.

Archer will be a Brett Lee repeat.
Touted as a Once In A Generation player to start off with but who will only be a good white ball bowler & an ordinary test player who will get games because he is quick.

Broad has long term history. Only puts in when conditions are in his favour plus he is a prick. At Adelaide Burns attempted a run out but was off balance and the throw went for overthrows. Broad gave him a gobful and a furious Burns' quite rightly told him to GAGF.

I expect his team mates over the years have held back from abusing him for batting in clown shoes. They really should have given him the treatment.

Broad has long term history. Only puts in when conditions are in his favour plus he is a prick. At Adelaide Burns attempted a run out but was off balance and the throw went for overthrows. Broad gave him a gobful and a furious Burns' quite rightly told him to GAGF.

I expect his team mates over the years have held back from abusing him for batting in clown shoes. They really should have given him the treatment.

Sorry but this is garbage.
He has literally built what little reputation he has in this country on the fact that he DOES put in regardless of the conditions. Whether he’s a prick or not is irrelevant; he’s not a great bowler when conditions don’t suit but he’s shown many many times he will keep running in and and putting in the effort

Sorry but this is garbage.
He has literally built what little reputation he has in this country on the fact that he DOES put in regardless of the conditions. Whether he’s a prick or not is irrelevant; he’s not a great bowler when conditions don’t suit but he’s shown many many times he will keep running in and and putting in the effort

OH PLEASE! That is entirely true of Anderson, but not for Broad.

No, it’s not.

Even if you look on this actual site if you can be bothered, and other forums, you will find people talking about Broad in Australia in that exact context

I believe they are as mistaken as the dills who included him in the touring party.

By contrast, Root and Anderson were my two inked in players for this touring party.

I have watched Anderson trundle in on all continents. His effort is the same, irrespective of the conditions. He is an out and out champion.

I believe they are as mistaken as the dills who included him in the touring party.

By contrast, Root and Anderson were my two inked in players for this touring party.

I have watched Anderson trundle in on all continents. His effort is the same, irrespective of the conditions. He is an out and out champion.

Being past it doesn’t mean someone doesn’t put in. Learn the difference

Being past it doesn’t mean someone doesn’t put in. Learn the difference

Broad was hardly an asset here last time. He averages 38, courtesy of a couple of outlier performances. He is the last vestige of the poisonous Swann and Prior heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching that end of series summary with Boycs and Vaughn, what happened to Tom Curran?

He looked a likely type last time. Injury?

Yeah when he went past the world #1 batsman four times in four balls he looked like someone who didn’t want to be there.

Stop equating quality with effort.

..and thereafter when conditions did not suit? His major effort in the field was abusing Burns.

So essentially you get to decide whether he’s trying or not.

Everyone who doesn’t succeed simply isn’t trying. Is that the conclusion to draw here?

Hasib Hameed is scoring no runs because he’s not trying. Not because he’s just not that good.

The English selectors made the right call in dropping him from the MCG Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back