Root!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2008
Rooty Hill
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Reading,Angels,Blue Sox,T.I.S.M.
Anyone heard of this great new band from Melbourne?

album-cover.jpg

Anyone heard of this great new band from Melbourne?

album-cover.jpg

Yeah. Saw them a couple of weeks back at the Eveyln. Great fun gig and good value. Also picked up the CD whilst I was there which is also great.
My mum doesn't like them though she says they aren't serious.;)

Yeah. Saw them a couple of weeks back at the Eveyln. Great fun gig and good value. Also picked up the CD whilst I was there which is also great.
Nice little way to mask some clues there

didn't they break up after their first show, and every subsequent show has been a reunion show... or am i confusing them with someone else?

ROOT! news

ROOT! have a new website - http://www.roottheband.com.au/

And a brand new album - Surface Paradise.

www.thedwarf.com.au said:
ROOT! may not be on Video Hits; they don't have a Pitchfork-approved review tacked to their MySpace; they certainly don't have flopsy fringes and needle-thin black jeans to boost their marketability. But, my friends, they have my vote for 2009 Album of the Year
surfaceparadise_large.jpg

They were on Spicks and Specks last week. Is that rock mixed with comic poetry their usual style?

Yeah that performance was a good yardstick to their style, although they do a fair bit of genre hopping on this album as opposed to the first album "ROOT! supposed he was out of the question" which was alt country in the main.

To be expected really as the lead singer used to be in a famous band, I think it was Human Nature.

Ha ha, i was about to ask a question about the origins of the band but i think it's been answered! :thumbsu: Great band name too! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROOT! are no more.

Check out this FaceyB page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-DC3/160813387263201

DC3-promo1-s.jpg

"If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance."
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer."
Farmers' Almanac (1978)

"The DC3? Clearly they're one bigger than us."
Bono, U2 (2010)

Evil secrets? Dancing? F**king things up with a computer?
This is The DC3.

Damian Cowell, Henri Grawe and Doug Lee Robertson. Two guitars, a laptop and a planet-sized ego.
The DC3. Upfront about the motion of your behind.

The DC3. It stands for "Don't Categorise".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back