Free Agency Rory Atkins [UFA to Gold Coast for end of 2nd round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

what is it with you..you have NFI what they might be prepared to pay and maybe they value him enough to want to offer him decent coin? who knows..why not just leave it at your guess is as good as mine and whatever gets paid gets paid and if that is enough to get a decent draft pick for the crows then well and good and if not, so be it

you reasoning is bizarre

bunch of crows fans speculating about getting a high pick after an article

I point out that the article has some inconsistencies, and that the article says the offer is a long term contract rather than money so that shouldn’t equal good compo

the retort has been why shouldn’t he get long term and good money

which is so mind boggling stupid that I can’t understand what logic you’re applying.

and to tell me I don’t know the facts? Cause I’m pointing out s**t to a bunch of fans getting excited over a vague article?

you reasoning is bizarre

bunch of crows fans speculating about getting a high pick after an article

I point out that the article has some inconsistencies, and that the article says the offer is a long term contract rather than money so that shouldn’t equal good compo

the retort has been why shouldn’t he get long term and good money

which is so mind boggling stupid that I can’t understand what logic you’re applying.

and to tell me I don’t know the facts? Cause I’m pointing out sh*t to a bunch of fans getting excited over a vague article?
you are on a thread of a player that is not a port player and is not going to port and has nothing to do with port..you are trying to be a smartarse by trying to discredit what others are pointing out MIGHT be possible and as noted above you have NFI what GC or any other club could pay..you like the rest of us have NFI whether Atkins might or might not have offers from other teams that his manager might be using to his advantage..so much unknown and a few supporters dare to think Atkins might earn reasonable coin and here you are. If you want to troll go to bay 13

you are on a thread of a player that is not a port player and is not going to port and has nothing to do with port..you are trying to be a smartarse by trying to discredit what others are pointing out MIGHT be possible and as noted above you have NFI what GC or any other club could pay..you like the rest of us have NFI whether Atkins might or might not have offers from other teams that his manager might be using to his advantage..so much unknown and a few supporters dare to think Atkins might earn reasonable coin and here you are. If you want to troll go to bay 13

it’s the main board. If you don’t like it * off.

I commented because Tom Morris wrote an article on Atkins today, not that anyone has ever needed a reason to comment on a player who isn’t in their team.

why does the NFI what atkins is doing or gcs is doing only apply to my input, but not yours?

my view has not been based on anything unknown. It’s ******* common sense to point out the stupidity in a crows fan asking why gcs wouldn’t pay good money over a long contract for atkins.

it’s the main board. If you don’t like it fu** off.

I commented because Tom Morris wrote an article on Atkins today, not that anyone has ever needed a reason to comment on a player who isn’t in their team.

why does the NFI what atkins is doing or gcs is doing only apply to my input, but not yours?

my view has not been based on anything unknown. It’s ******* common sense to point out the stupidity in a crows fan asking why gcs wouldn’t pay good money over a long contract for atkins.
so if Atkins who is 26 gets 4 or 5 years at $300-$400 k per year. - which is a very achievable figure...where will that sit in the FA compo bands? Since you seem to be a know all

so if Atkins who is 26 gets 4 or 5 years at $300-$400 k per year. - which is a very achievable figure...where will that sit in the FA compo bands? Since you seem to be a know all

this is a complete sidestep from our previous discussions but okay

Ellis reportedly a 5yr $3m (600k a year) and got Richmond a band 3 compo pick.

Your proposed Atkins contract isn’t remotely close to that.

this is a complete sidestep from our previous discussions but okay

Ellis reportedly a 5yr $3m (600k a year) and got Richmond a band 3 compo pick.

Your proposed Atkins contract isn’t remotely close to that.
for the same type of deal the eagles got an end of 1st round pick for Lycett on 5 years

so it is quite possible if atkins earns anything like $400K per year it could be a 2nd round pick

for the same type of deal the eagles got an end of 1st round pick for Lycett on 5 years

so it is quite possible if atkins earns anything like $400K per year it could be a 2nd round pick

how do you get 400k = band 3 from the fact that lycett got band 2 from around 600k over 5 and Ellis got band 3 from similar money.

that just tells me that lycett just snuck into band 2 or Ellis just missed out on band 2.

how do you get 400k = band 3 from the fact that lycett got band 2 from around 600k over 5 and Ellis got band 3 from similar money.

that just tells me that lycett just snuck into band 2 or Ellis just missed out on band 2.
At that money it could be band 4 which would be end of 2nd round. Cam ellis yolman got the crows a 3rd rounder last year as a UFA on a 3 year deal on average coin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reports today on Fox sports that the Atkins to Gold Coast deal is pretty much done for just shy of $500k for 4 years or 4 years with an option for 5.. the years bit is the grey area.

faaark me.. thats way overs. maybe the AFL have secretly told Gold Coast they dont have to worry about that pesky salary cap thingy... especially when attracting players from interstate clubs!

just as long as the AFL can promote... Gold Coast - #destinationclub

then again.. what exactly have they spent the millions they saved from Ablett and Lynch walking out in pretty much the space of three years?..

sorry... I read the article but struggled to get it to allow me to link it.. maybe someone else can..

edit: worked this time..

reports today on Fox sports that the Atkins to Gold Coast deal is pretty much done for just shy of $500k for 4 years or 4 years with an option for 5.. the years bit is the grey area.

faaark me.. thats way overs. maybe the AFL have secretly told Gold Coast they dont have to worry about that pesky salary cap thingy... especially when attracting players from interstate clubs!

just as long as the AFL can promote... Gold Coast - #destinationclub

then again.. what exactly have they spent the millions they saved from Ablett and Lynch walking out in pretty much the space of three years?..

sorry... I read the article but struggled to get it to allow me to link it.. maybe someone else can..

edit: worked this time..

Hey if it falls to band 3, then we will have pick 21 compo rather than pick 20 for band 2.

Either way, it's pick 20 and 21. :cool:

Hey if it falls to band 3, then we will have pick 21 compo rather than pick 20 for band 2.

Either way, it's pick 20 and 21. :cool:
Who needs a money War Chest when you can easily build a high draft pick War Chest and add three years worth of top players in one go, 2020 draft will be one to savour!

Who needs a money War Chest when you can easily build a high draft pick War Chest and add three years worth of top players in one go, 2020 draft will be one to savour!
If only we had these guys coming out of contract next year with the stronger draft!

I struggle to believe Gold Coast would pay $500k for Atkins. He's alright, but he's not worth anything remotely close to that amount. Gold Coast are supposed to have a fairly tight salary cap as it is, how could they possibly afford to overpay that much?

I struggle to believe Gold Coast would pay $500k for Atkins. He's alright, but he's not worth anything remotely close to that amount. Gold Coast are supposed to have a fairly tight salary cap as it is, how could they possibly afford to overpay that much?
carlton paid Mitch Mcnuggets $800k a year..

melbourne threw $800k a year at Jake Lever..

maybe us supporters undervalue these players?.

im certainly no football list management expert.. but Atkins to me looks to be a 300k a year max player... but maybe I’m completely wrong and theres some things Atkins does that the experts see as valuable that I dont even notice when watching a game of footy?...

and as for Gold Coast’s “supposedly tight salary cap”.... pffft, do you think the AFL cares about that?, the only thing they currently give a s**t about when it comes to the Gold Coast Suns is that the club succeeds. that is all. any pesky little salary cap issues will be disappeared quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back