Recommitted Rory Laird [signed 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

But posters on your board are saying Brad Crouch is better than Laird.
Thats the conundrum - but ultimately it will come down to what a club wants to pay him and if it hits the right band, who knows. But he is a local lad and was in great nick last year once he shifted to the middle so I want him to stay - hope the club gives him 4 years (or 3 at good money with a trigger for 4)

Thats the conundrum - but ultimately it will come down to what a club wants to pay him and if it hits the right band, who knows. But he is a local lad and was in great nick last year once he shifted to the middle so I want him to stay - hope the club gives him 4 years (or 3 at good money with a trigger for 4)
You really should just sign him up and I’m sure you will. You need good types to lead a rebuild as well as young talent. He’s one of your best and not old. I wouldn’t be playing the find out what you’re worth in terms of money and years with an eye on a first round compo game again. If he wants 4 give him 4.

You really should just sign him up and I’m sure you will. You need good types to lead a rebuild as well as young talent. He’s one of your best and not old. I wouldn’t be playing the find out what you’re worth in terms of money and years with an eye on a first round compo game again. If he wants 4 give him 4.
I am hearing you on that..lets hope the club are much better at handling it this time round

Laird is over rated played his best footy as a loose man in defence with his little chippy kicks back and forth.
Well, that's actually the opposite of true.

Laird's best football is played in tight. The fact that he was able to play as an outside connector from half back doesn't change that.

Well, that's actually the opposite of true.

Laird's best football is played in tight. The fact that he was able to play as an outside connector from half back doesn't change that.
If that was the case he would of been playing in the guts alot more over his career but he hasn't.

Another year of Adelaide supporters telling us they’re going to get the top 2-3 picks in the draft, then crying when they receive 2nd round compo 🤦‍♂️
Some of us are a bit more realistic than that.

Sadly the majority fell for the spiel about that sort of thing occurring from the now former chairman who knows about as much about football as my dog.

Another year of Adelaide supporters telling us they’re going to get the top 2-3 picks in the draft, then crying when they receive 2nd round compo 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, that was just never going to happen.

I reckon Laird is a good player and one the Crows would likely want to hang onto. He is essentially the type of player Carlton are hoping Williams can be for us, albeit at maybe a touch higher level than RL. I see Laird as a very tidy utility who can get it done inside and outside, who is proven in multiple positions. He's a local lad and even though he seems a bit of a quiet type and may not be a phenomenal leader (Crows fans?) you'd think he isn't going to cost the earth... Just give him some more coin up front and let him have his 4 years if that is what actually is going to be the difference between him staying and going. He isn't going to attract a first round pick in RFA.

The Crows really need to get blokes like Walker (horrible contract) and Mackay (eugh, enough said) off their list before someone like Laird, who actually performs. You'd also think Talia isn't probably there after this season. You can't get rid of all of your senior players and Laird is a beauty.

Laird is still young enough to be around if/when Adelaide get back into contention.

If he has a good season Adelaide will put forward a front-ended contract few teams will be able to match, and he's exactly the kind of senior player you want to have around while the squad is being rebuild. Consistent, reliable, and versatile.

A number of clubs will be keen if he wants to bail though.

Bit like Kane Cornes then.
Exactly but kane at least stoped the opposition best mid while he was chippy back a forth with his brother.
Picked the wrong player M8 I also think kane was over rated and should of never won 4 best and fairest.

Exactly but kane at least stoped the opposition best mid while he was chippy back a forth with his brother.
Picked the wrong player M8 I also think kane was over rated and should of never won 4 best and fairest.
Going on what you said it would appear I picked exactly the right player.
I appreciate your consistency at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird is over rated played his best footy as a loose man in defence with his little chippy kicks back and forth.
Lol, fortunately most football observers would know that you are clueless!

Doubt it.

Certainly not sane supporters.

Laird will remain a Crow imo.

He did last year.

What games were you watching?
He didn't play midfield until the second half of the yr .
Anyway if you to Umbridge to me saying his over rated fair enough but there is no doubt his played his best football as a loose man in defence.
To say I'm clueless is pathetic but I do agree he will stay anyway so it's a mute point.

He didn't play midfield until the second half of the yr .
Anyway if you to Umbridge to me saying his over rated fair enough but there is no doubt his played his best football as a loose man in defence.
To say I'm clueless is pathetic but I do agree he will stay anyway so it's a mute point.
Your comments had absolutely nothing to do with the reality of how well Laird performed when moved into the midfield.... where he clearly played his best football last year & not in defence.

Any decent football observer would know you were either having a pathetic cheap shot... or are clueless.

His 28 this yr a few good games in the midfield doesn't make him a gun midfielder.
He has clearly played his best football as a defender and you would have to know that or your the clueless one but that's ok👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back