Recommitted Rory Laird [RFA 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't pick 8 and Keath excessive for pick 5 without receiving anything else back. That values Keath around pick 43 which isn't correct at all.
You're basing this off the points value chart which only applies to bid matching. Real life trades for pick 5 would cost much more than 8 and 43.

Enjoying is this talk about Keath-Rory Laird but it does sound like he has a serial killers name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If crows get top ten pick for Laird they would be very happy surely.

Sounds like 2020 could be a rebuild/development year for the Crows (and that is not a bad thing at all)

Question is, is Don Pyke the right man to guide the Crows through this transition period ?

Sorry for the super late reply.
Not really relevant now. My answer then would've been no anyway.

Brisbane could give 16 and 21 to North (North use for Howard) for their 8. Wonder then if would use to have a go at Laird or Smith.

If anyone would know about finishing last its a port supporter.
Thats your entire life.

Calm down buddy. Your club is finding it hard convincing anyone to actually coach them at the moment. You are more than welcome to hinkley. We'll throw in voss as a package deal.

Calm down buddy. Your club is finding it hard convincing anyone to actually coach them at the moment. You are more than welcome to hinkley. We'll throw in voss as a package deal.

Point 1: No issues in people wanting to coach
Point 2: The irony is you have a coach that you dont want and you're trying to pass to us.

So you're trying to give my club crap for sacking a rubbish coach while your club is too poor to sack your rubbish coach?

If this has been bought up before I apologise, but what do people think Rory is worth, and would there be much interest for him. Feel the club needs to completely rebuild, and that he needs a change of scenery.

What are people's thought?

Has been horrible this year. My personal opinion I wouldn’t want him on my team as he has zero hurt factor and I see him as an accumulating sideways chipping 1 / 2 player and was overrated on the back of those all-Aus years where a good structured team defence covered him.
Having said that there’s people who feel differently and you might get someone to pay for him.

Last edited:
I don't know much about what value he is worth to crow's supporters but he'd be good for us I reckon as we need a defender or 2 to replace the ageing Jetta and Hibberd. A player we'd be able to offer in a trade would be Tom Sparrow who has shown some really good signs in the last few games and is a SA boy. Has some of the best potential out of the young players we have but unfortunately for him will likely be stuck behind Oliver/Viney/Petracca/Brayshaw/Harmes for inside mid opportunity for the next 5-10 years. Plays a lot like Viney in his tenacity and toughness around the ball. Would Adelaide have any interest in Hawthorn 2nd round and Sparrow for Laird?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back