Opinion Rory Lobb (GWS Giants)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 5 and 8 for a hbf seems a bit excessive, even though McGrath is supposed to be very good, it still seems a bit much to me.

The real reason is to avoid buying their academy players with high picks. They are so advantaged over other clubs it's actually insane.

If they keep pick 6 then they will have to use it on an Academy player. If they get rid of it for Pick 1 then they a) get to pick whoever they want and then b) get that same academy player with junk picks.

So basically they are laughing all the way. I hate them so much. No, actually I hate the AFL for creating such a lopsided situation in the era of equalization.

The real reason is to avoid buying their academy players with high picks. They are so advantaged over other clubs it's actually insane.

If they keep pick 6 then they will have to use it on an Academy player. If they get rid of it for Pick 1 then they a) get to pick whoever they want and then b) get that same academy player with junk picks.

So basically they are laughing all the way. I hate them so much. No, actually I hate the AFL for creating such a lopsided situation in the era of equalization.
Truly is a disgrace.

Patrick Smith just said on SEN that he believes Lobb will sign a 2 year extension with GWS today...

Stuff me , all this hype of getting a couple gun recruits , has been blown away this morning :-( . Maybe it was never a possibility.

These types of trades are nearly always never going to happen unless the player actually comes out and says I want home. Most times it is never said by manager or player. Hogan and Lobb home sickness were just rumours not fact.

Stuff me , all this hype of getting a couple gun recruits , has been blown away this morning :-( . Maybe it was never a possibility.

It seems like you guys were used so Hogan and Lobb could squeeze extra money out of their clubs.

So now its only McCarthy - who will not have played for 18 months?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like you guys were used so Hogan and Lobb could squeeze extra money out of their clubs.

So now its only McCarthy - who will not have played for 18 months?
The technical term is COFI - Cost Of Fremantle Interest. Eastern States clubs factor this into their list management strategies*

*idk if this is actually true but it's a cool story

Sadly we have a long history of that happenings!

It has sometimes been a good thing too - wouldn't want Cloke on our books earning a mill a year ATM

I think he will be a big loss for us, while pretty much all non-Hawthorn supporters dont think he is much at all. But I will say that I do not believe he has a future ahead of him as a KPF ! :)

So now it is Patton or Vickery ? Not sure how many other KPF are up for grabs?

We got Apeness, Taberner and probably McCarthy. Our smalls will be Walters, Bennell and Yarran. The talls look poor but the smalls look the best in the league.

Trying to copy the Hawks game plan, small forward lines seem all the rage, Bulldogs just won a flag.

If life gets really tough, we can send Fyfe forward.

Quite glad with this news as it means we will definitely be using our pick #3 in the draft. We would have over paid a lot for a guy at his peak and although he would have made a difference for us, it wouldn't have been to the extent that some were suggesting on here and in the media. Should be some quality free agents from WA in a few years time - if we can build ourselves as a destination club for them we can get quality without selling the farm - just need to be a bit patient and back in developing our youngsters. Our midfield needs to go beast mode next year to start the process.

Sadly we have a long history of that happenings!
There's also a history of Forwards chased by freo (FCF) being spuds the next year. So that's something to look forward to.

Quite glad with this news as it means we will definitely be using our pick #3 in the draft. We would have over paid a lot for a guy at his peak and although he would have made a difference for us, it wouldn't have been to the extent that some were suggesting on here and in the media. Should be some quality free agents from WA in a few years time - if we can build ourselves as a destination club for them we can get quality without selling the farm - just need to be a bit patient and back in developing our youngsters. Our midfield needs to go beast mode next year to start the process.

Also were did Lobb say he wanted to come home? Robb resigning also gives us more leverage with McCarthy. Lobb would surely put more pressure on Gws.s salary cap..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back