Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ill die on the hill that part of the reason Melbourne never went after lobb was due to them being so hell bent as not to dilute the compo for Jackson.*

I’ll also die on the very next hill they likely win one of their finals last year with lobb playing.
Was the absolute perfect piece to Melbournes puzzle that was their 2nd kpf/ruck issues

*…That and Colin young is one self absorb greedy POS
Why is it Colin Young’s fault?
The manager does what the player wants.if he doesn’t do what the player wants, he will get sacked. Manager has to act in the best interests of his clients.

The manager does what the player wants.if he doesn’t do what the player wants, he will get sacked. Manager has to act in the best interests of his clients.
What is best interest??

Success, or Money?

Occassionally the 2 align, however Col has a track record of promoting the $$ (which he gets a cut of, he doesn't get any of the success).

I know we look like looney's blaming everything on Young but there was a legitimate feud with him and the club. JL dumped him as manager it got so bad. It's not a co-incidence we've lost so many WA players of late that were under him AND that he moved to Melbourne.

He's not some hypnotist that is getting his players to do his bidding but he certainly was playing a not small role in the players we lost. Mark Duffield an experienced and genuine reporter who is extremely respected over here basically tore into him on several occassions.

I know we look like looney's blaming everything on Young but there was a legitimate feud with him and the club. JL dumped him as manager it got so bad. It's not a co-incidence we've lost so many WA players of late that were under him AND that he moved to Melbourne.

He's not some hypnotist that is getting his players to do his bidding but he certainly was playing a not small role in the players we lost. Mark Duffield an experienced and genuine reporter who is extremely respected over here basically tore into him on several occassions.

I understand that, but at the end of the day, Colin Young can’t make a player leave Freo. The player has to make that decision. Young just does what the player tells him to do.

This is actually what we need more of. Good journo's shining the light on these "vulture" managers. Ever since these parasites got themselves a "gilt edged job in the sun forever" they've been ruining the relationships that clubs and players have always had. The loyalty and support just get shunted by these bloodsuckers into...."more years at better dollars".

Shine on you journalists.

Collingwood is putting together a pitch to attract Bulldogs Rory Lobb across town to the AIA Centre, SEN SA’s Michelangelo Rucci reports.

Lobb’s name has already been raised in trade speculation after spending most of the season to date in the VFL, with Rucci the first to link Lobb to the reigning premiers.

“If we could fast forward to the end of the year, I believe Rory Lobb will be at Collingwood,” he said on SEN SA’s The Run Home.

“I’m hearing Rory Lobb is going to Collingwood… or rather Collingwood is going to make an approach to his management.”

i don't get the love from the pies, cox is 33 but lobb is 31/32 by next season, so not sure what they are gaining with mcstay coming back? thought they'd go after moyle from the suns to free up cameron if anything.

Absorbing 2 years of rory lobb's salary
Rory isn't on a salary big enough to warrant a dump trade like Bowes. He'll have one year left (not two) on $500k-ish which is average around the league these days especially for a 209cm guy who can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there's no urgency to get Lobb off our books. If teams are interested in him, they'll need to trade something for him. It won't be much, a pick in the late 30s or 40s would probably suffice. Maybe we'd be happy enough to just lose the salary but it's definitely not going to swing the pendulum in the other direction where it'll diminish other outgoing trades because of what a club is burdening their list with.

Does anyone know if Lobb's contract is front loaded or not? Youngy loves a front loaded contract and loves ****ing around in the background once dollars drop.

So much talk about the Lobbster, in demand! Good 2nd coming our way for sure.

I mean we are probably within our rights to ask for a second rounder here. Lobb would be a very valuable acquisition to certain premiership contenders for a few years and he’s under contract. We paid 2 seconds for him.

Whether he’s playing in the VFL or not is irrelevant. It’s simply because we have Darcy on the list. Everyone knows what Lobb is and what he brings to a side. He would fit in great at Melbourne & Collingwood.

I mean we are probably within our rights to ask for a second rounder here. Lobb would be a very valuable acquisition to certain premiership contenders for a few years and he’s under contract. We paid 2 seconds for him.

Whether he’s playing in the VFL or not is irrelevant. It’s simply because we have Darcy on the list. Everyone knows what Lobb is and what he brings to a side. He would fit in great at Melbourne & Collingwood.
The value you’ll get for Lobb is the cap space saved. If he goes it will be basically for nothing pretty sure

The value you’ll get for Lobb is the cap space saved. If he goes it will be basically for nothing pretty sure
I agree with this, but ultimately if there are a few buyers which at this early stage there seems to be, someone will have to pay more than another and if nothing is the starting point, it won't be the end point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back