Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

We just give him extra years. Say it's 1.5 mil owing for the next 2 we can make it a 4 year deal for 2 mil.

Makes sense, plus it is a genuine compliment for our player welfare. Sounds like he sought us out ( maybe Victorian "interest" fell over)- we were happy to listen, do the medical and welcome him back with open arms. I would be all for it - assuming Freo play the game for a player that clearly does not want to be at Freo.

Ultimately - whatever we pay or dont pay I'm more than happy - 1 have 100% faith and trust in our recruiting boys these days and our culture is becoming 1st rate. Just for the record hope its a fair deal around.

Last edited:

lobb + 22 for pick 13 would be rating Lobb as like pick 40. As a contracted player with 2 years left lol.

No one is trading a top 15 pick for rory lobb especially on the money he is on.

Makes sense, plus it is a genuine compliment for our player welfare. Sounds like he sought us out ( maybe Victorian "interest" fell over)- we were happy to listen, do the medical and welcome him back with open arms. I would be all for it - assuming Freo play the game for a player that clearly does not want to be at Freo.

Ultimately - whatever we pay or dont pay I'm more than happy - 1 have 100% faith and trust in our recruiting boys these days and our culture is becoming 1st rate.
Did you forget which account you logged into? Thought you were a Melbourne supporter?

No one is trading a top 15 pick for rory lobb especially on the money he is on.

Most Fremantle supporters should be happy with that. We have no forward line. Letting him go for peanuts would be a peanut move.

He isn't particularly good, he is over paid and he is unhappy. I don't care, hold him to his contract as he holds structural importance to our side that already struggles to kick goals.

Most Fremantle supporters should be happy with that. We have no forward line. Letting him go for peanuts would be a peanut move.

He isn't particularly good, he is over paid and he is unhappy. I don't care, hold him to his contract as he holds structural importance to our side that already struggles to kick goals.
His role as 3rd forward usually brings results.
Definitely no good if you don't have forwards 1 and 2.

you really want to go back to McCarthy?

Ok thanks for the reply.

Well I think Freo generally deal in good faith. Don’t think we ‘hold’ guys to contracts.
But a future 2nd? That’s somewhat pointless.
But they have suggested they need a ready made ruck/ forward and can consider. So Darcy Cameron becomes a potential.

Id be saying get us pick 1 and then we can really chat.

North 1
GWS 2
Freo 6

becomes
Freo 1
North 2
GWS 6

Plus whatever lower stuff is required to make it work.
That’s where I’d be at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too keen on Lobb as he doesn't fit a real need for the club but for arguments sake some attributes he has

Lacks aggression
Injury prone
Inflated salary
29 at the start of next season

Multi postion
Good mark
Can be a good set shot but I wouldnt want him kicking after the siren for the win

F2 + F3 probably wont do it
I would do #13 for #19 and Lobb
The salary, injury prone and age are issues that would make his trade value less for me, I would do a F3 or R2,3 pick downgrade if he wasnt so injury prone
Games played from this year
13, 17, 15, 19 (GWS), 20, 24
If Freo covered some of his salary the trade would be so much easier

It is amusing that Freo seem happy for him to go.
He desperately wants out.
The fans don’t like him.
Yet the trade is being talked about by those in purple is 1st rounders.
He will be 29 before a ball is locked in anger yeah?

There in a nutshell "29" is why it has to be a future 2nd if we also have to extent his contract to "smooth" it out as Orange Agent mentioned.

How many years would we have to give him?

Not too keen on Lobb as he doesn't fit a real need for the club but for arguments sake some attributes he has

Lacks aggression
Injury prone
Inflated salary
29 at the start of next season

Multi postion
Good mark
Can be a good set shot but I wouldnt want him kicking after the siren for the win

F2 + F3 probably wont do it
I would do #13 for #19 and Lobb
The salary, injury prone and age are issues that would make his trade value less for me, I would do a F3 or R2,3 pick downgrade if he wasnt so injury prone
Games played from this year
13, 17, 15, 19 (GWS), 20, 24
If Freo covered some of his salary the trade would be so much easier

Now that GC have dumped 19 & 22 I cant see where the Fahey bid comes - with a bit of luck might be well into the 20's now.

I was always in favor of dumping 13 - not sure we have to trade it for Lobb. IMHO future 2nd is spot on the money.

Freo should probably just sit on a deal focused around upgrading pick 6 to pick 2 and whatever additional stuff is needed... if it happens it happens if not we should be pretty happy to hold on to him as our forward line would be even more putrid if we traded him.

Future 2nd doesn’t cut it unfortunately

Word is 4, would prefer 3.

Holy shivers 4 what ??? 3 yeah ... that sounds way more reasonable. Surely the Dockers must be putting money in.

The thing I like most about this idea - if fit (I know thats a big if) but it makes it a genuine contest for forward spots and he can help in the ruck.

Holy shivers 4 what ??? 3 yeah ... that sounds way more reasonable. Surely the Dockers must be putting money in.

The thing I like most about this idea - if fit (I know thats a big if) but it makes it a genuine contest for forward spots and he can help in the ruck.
It’s a way of spreading out his contract so his yearly payments won’t be the 700k or whatever it is.

Freo should probably just sit on a deal focused around upgrading pick 6 to pick 2 and whatever additional stuff is needed... if it happens it happens if not we should be pretty happy to hold on to him as our forward line would be even more putrid if we traded him.

Future 2nd doesn’t cut it unfortunately

Just grab McGovern and Carlton's F1 for pick 70 or something. Everyone wins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back