Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

Shock horror pick 29 or future 2nd on the table

The Dogs are expected to present a second-round pick to the Dockers in exchange for the 29-year-old. Their second-round selection this season sits at No.29, or they could look at a future second-round pick.

Let's see if old mate Bell goes back on his word for a measly pick 29.

I'll be surprised if he does. And very annoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very different players there. 1 isn't 30. I expect either it's going to be 15 and future 1st for Dunkley and a few pics like 37, 65, future 2nd, future 4th. Or if Bowes chooses lions then it's pick 7 for just Dunkley.
I agree they are very very different players and I was just asking the question to see if you had a clue or not.

Last edited:
Very different players there. 1 isn't 30. I expect either it's going to be 15 and future 1st for Dunkley and a few pics like 37, 65, future 2nd, future 4th. Or if Bowes chooses lions then it's pick 7 for just Dunkley.
2 late first rounders or pick 7….🤣

This will be probably one of the last trades to go through IMO. Once the Doggies hand is clearer after other trades and/or Colin Young can bring other options into play.
I hope and doubt that we don't trade Lobb for #29. He's honestly far more valuable to us than that pick. IMO a quality player needs to be in the mix. As a club we don't have 4/5 years to wait for a pick in next year's draft to come good. If they do at all. We have a pretty good team now and we need to make use of that. Kicking the can down the road in the name of hope for a young pick to come good ain't going to win us a flag and that should be what the club is thinking. That said you can only deal with what's in front of you and if that somehow becomes a 1st round pick from someone then you probably take it. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face. But again, Lobb is far to important to us for pick #29 to be adequate compensation. Will be very interesting to see where this trade finishes.

This will be probably one of the last trades to go through IMO. Once the Doggies hand is clearer after other trades and/or Colin Young can bring other options into play.
I hope and doubt that we don't trade Lobb for #29. He's honestly far more valuable to us than that pick. IMO a quality player needs to be in the mix. As a club we don't have 4/5 years to wait for a pick in next year's draft to come good. If they do at all. We have a pretty good team now and we need to make use of that. Kicking the can down the road in the name of hope for a young pick to come good ain't going to win us a flag and that should be what the club is thinking. That said you can only deal with what's in front of you and if that somehow becomes a 1st round pick from someone then you probably take it. No point cutting your nose off to spite your face. But again, Lobb is far to important to us for pick #29 to be adequate compensation. Will be very interesting to see where this trade finishes.
Contracted or not, you don't pay a first rounder for a 30 year old. That'd be highway robbery.

Pretty sure the dogs would be happy to walk away at that price

If a second rounder helped get the Jackson deal done it'll get done.

Still doubt you play Jackson and Lobb together. Could happen but doubt it.

You're not getting pick 12, that's ridiculous
Don't think pick 29 will impact Jackson deal at all. We'll have two F2 that we could use on that.

If a second rounder helped get the Jackson deal done it'll get done.

Still doubt you play Jackson and Lobb together. Could happen but doubt it.

You're not getting pick 12, that's ridiculous
I think Jackson and Lobb trades are independent of each other. We don't need to move Lobb to do Jackson. Be staggered if Lobb gets traded with more than half a day left in the trade period (unless you blokes get crazy and actually offer 12). ITK on our board reckons Jackson gets done reasonably early.

Absolutely you could. Lobb plays just as a forward.

Nobody thinks we are getting 12 for Lobb as a straight swap.

I think Jackson and Lobb trades are independent of each other. Be staggered if Lobb gets traded with more than half a day left in the trade period (unless you blokes get crazy and actually offer 12). ITK on our board reckons Jackson gets done reasonably early.

Absolutely you could. Lobb plays just as a forward.

Nobody thinks we are getting 12 for Lobb as a straight swap.
You're not getting 12 for a slide back to a second rounder either. That's also ridiculous.

You cam keep a guy who has already refused to turn up to compulsory meetings and who you told 12 months ago you would facilitate a trade for

You're not getting 12 for a slide back to a second rounder either. That's also ridiculous.

You cam keep a guy who has already refused to turn up to compulsory meetings and who you told 12 months ago you would facilitate a trade for
I never said that either. Don't put words in my mouth.

I don't believe everything I read or hear.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back