Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

And Freo are allowed to say "na mate you can wait another 12 months as you are a required player and nobody is offering close to your value." Lobbs partner moving to Victoria doesn't mean Freo has to lose him for unders when he's got a legally binding contract.
Yep completely agree. That wasn’t the discussion though.

Bulldogs: Lobb + Pick 13
Fremantle: Pick 8
Port Adelaide: Pick 11, Pick 29

Gives Port a pick for Rioli and unlocks Jackson for Freo.

If we give pick 8, I’m giving pick 8 and North’s future 2nd assuming we get it for Logue. Future first off limit.

We are going to slide significantly losing Mundy, Logue, Lobb, Acres, Tucker and Meek. Replacing them with Jackson, and maybe Sharp and Corbett is a large decline in the overall talent on our list.

That future first likely becomes a top 10 pick.

They have it too good. Underperforming and overpaid. A nice retirement check while wc need to rebuild
Im sure the young fellas will appreciate having a few premiership players hanging around to show them the ropes in their first couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there is no 1st going in it may be a couple of 2nds and Sweet to help offset the loss of Meek.

This years draft is awful. So 29, F2 and Sweet would get it done. Still need overs for a contracted Lobb and that would get it done.

Jackson replaces Lobb

Sweet replaces Meek
Sweet is a fair step back from Meek as a ruckman. I suspect you could just sign a DFA/state leaguer for the same quality of back up.
Josh Bruce went for a 2nd and 3rd rounder and was younger, and offered a bigger contract.

Sweet is a fair step back from Meek as a ruckman. I suspect you could just sign a DFA/state leaguer for the same quality of back up.
Josh Bruce went for a 2nd and 3rd rounder and was younger, and offered a bigger contract.
Bruce couldnt play second ruck though 😉

Bruce couldnt play second ruck though 😉
Have you met Bevo?

Brett Goodes, Dunkley, Bontempelli, Josh Bruce, Ryan Gardiner, Buku Khamis, Zaine Cordy and Joey Jojo Jr Shabadoo have all had a go in the ruck.

Caleb Daniel would probably take a CB contest if he'd just shave those damn sideburns

Have you met Bevo?

Brett Goodes, Dunkley, Bontempelli, Josh Bruce, Ryan Gardiner, Buku Khamis, Zaine Cordy and Joey Jojo Jr Shabadoo have all had a go in the ruck.

Caleb Daniel would probably take a CB contest if he'd just shave those damn sideburns
🤣🤣 this is gold haha!!!

Wasn't he pushed put by the Saints though? They didn't want him kicking goals over Max King kicking behinds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back