Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree 11 is way to much. 29 not enough. If they want him that badly they will find a way to get something high teens which will end up as low 20ā€™s. Should be able to get something else as part of Dunkley deal.
Donā€™t want him that badly. Lobb isnā€™t coming back though so I think youā€™ll get 29 and a late 40ā€™s as a sweetener xx

Well then Letā€™s hope beveridge is ready to ā€œpony upā€ for a contracted lobb then.

Or does that only apply to other clubs when it comes western bulldogs players going the other way?

What the purple folk canā€™t seem to get their head around is that a second round pick is ā€œponying upā€ for Lobb.

What the purple folk canā€™t seem to get their head around is that a second round pick is ā€œponying upā€ for Lobb.
Tell you what Iā€™m excited to get Lobb in! According to the dockers fans here heā€™s the difference between them winning and losing the flag next year so he has to be an almighty player

Sorry doggies we all out of saddles ! You guys are going to have to pony up bareback on this one ! Hopefully bellā€™s got enough room in his cap for another feather šŸŖ¶ . Fresh lobbster šŸ¦ž donā€™t come cheap especially contracted šŸ¦ž

2 firsts AND Lobb is massive overs, if the shoe were on the other foot I very much doubt Melbourne would be expected to give up so much for an uncontracted player.
No it isn't; here is what Freo got for Brad Hill - Blake Acres, picks 10 and 58; and then future second and fourth round picks. Clearly, that was massive overs seeing as Fremantle only handed over the AFL charity pick 23 (compensation from Mayne) two years previously for a triple premiership player.
If the shoe is on the other foot, Fremantle demand massive overs.

No it isn't; here is what Freo got for Brad Hill - Blake Acres, picks 10 and 58; and then future second and fourth round picks. Clearly, that was massive overs seeing as Fremantle only handed over the AFL charity pick 23 (compensation from Mayne) two years previously for a triple premiership player.
Mah man, you need to build a bridge on the Hill trade and stop polluting every 2nd Freo related thread about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mah man, you need to build a bridge on the Hill trade and stop polluting every 2nd Freo related thread about it

Not really. I mean Ned Kelly was robbing banks in the 1800ā€™s and we still talk of his crimes to this day

The Brad Hill deal isnā€™t too dissimilar. 120 years from now we will be here like

ā€Well you did overpay for Cyborg Meta 997 but at least it wasnā€™t as bad as the Brad Hill trade in the 2000sā€

He also said he wants to keep Logue so I wouldn't take what he is saying as gospel

What did you expedt him to sayn

ā€Oh Griffin, that Curley haired wimp, canā€™t wait for him to leave, He was always a pain in the ass, hated him, i thought he was the season 4 winner of the Recruit when he first came to the clubā€

What did you expedt him to sayn

ā€Oh Griffin, that Curley haired wimp, canā€™t wait for him to leave, He was always a pain in the ass, hated him, i thought he was the season 4 winner of the Recruit when he first came to the clubā€
They're going to get that future second regardless of what he says. He's not increasing the offer

Or to simplify this post ā€¦
Wah Wah Wah Wah

Thatā€™s the risk with front ending contracts. Itā€™s not all on the player. If the shoe was on the other foot, youā€™d be saying the exact same thing as me. Happens to heaps of clubs.

On the flipside to that, look at the Suns. Back ended Bowes contract and now they donā€™t want to pay $850k for him and are even willing to part with a top 10 pick to get rid of him. Grundy the same with the pies who wants to stay and is now pushed out.
Is anyone having a dig at the suns? No, everyone is jumping for joy at the thought of getting pick 7.

Anyone having a go at the pies for their list management and treatment of Grundy? Well no, probably because they are getting other players in and were a point off from playing in a GF.
Well.... Look at Brad Hill and his contract when he joined Freo. $2.5 million dollars over 5 years. Wasn't the typically $500,000 a year deal. Front loaded to be exact....

$700,000 for 2017 and 2018. $500,000 for 2019. Had he stayed for 2020 and 2021, he would be only on $300,000 a year

Oh But part of the reason that was possible was because Brad Hill was contracted.

Now what about the trades that Freo was bent over?

Andrew Mccleod for Chris Groom?

Peter Bell for picks 6, 37 and Jess Sinclair?

Picks 3 and 19 for des Headland?

Picks 11, 27 and 43 for Josh Carr?

Pick 8 and Paul Medhurst for Chris Tarrant?

Well.... Look at Brad Hill and his contract when he joined Freo. $2.5 million dollars over 5 years. Wasn't the typically $500,000 a year deal. Front loaded to be exact....

$700,000 for 2017 and 2018. $500,000 for 2019. Had he stayed for 2020 and 2021, he would be only on $300,000 a year

After whatā€™s happened to Bowes, Grundy and Treloar I no longer feel sorry for clubs mate, sorry. Itā€™s a money game now.
Salary Cap dumps are gonna happen more often now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back