Traded Rory Lobb - [Traded to the Bulldogs for #30 and F2]

Remove this Banner Ad

29 is overs!? Seriously where could Fremantle go and get another Lobb for Pick 29. Any suggestions?
Gawn was pick 34
Ben Brown was pick 47
Harris Andrews was pick 61
Cox was a Rookie
Goodes was pick 43
Grant was 105
Jordan Roughhead was pick 31
Darcy was pick 38

And there are plenty more examples.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gawn was pick 34
Ben Brown was pick 47
Cox was a Rookie
Goodes was pick 43
Grant was 105
Darcy was pick 38

Not a draft pick. Name me a Ruck/forward as good as him that we can trade in for Pick 29

Again this is where the issue is for most 29 is overs for Lobb but given how poor you list has been built for you guys its unders. Again you can hold him all you like but again it isn't a case of us not wanting him it's us not wanting to ridiculously over pay for what Lobb is/has produced
Well I mean we haven't all been kissed on the D*** and basically given 2 x top 2 KPP players.. If you look at the unders Acres and Logue have gone for, Langdon in the past you will see freo don't dig their heels in on uncontracted players. Contracted and required players are worth a premium. Dogs should look elsewhere if they aren't prepared to pony up.

Gawn was pick 34
Ben Brown was pick 47
Cox was a Rookie
Goodes was pick 43
Grant was 105
Darcy was pick 38

Where can freo find a replacement for Lobbs goals for 2023 with pick 29?

Gawn was pick 34
Ben Brown was pick 47
Cox was a Rookie
Goodes was pick 43
Grant was 105
Darcy was pick 38

Leaving aside the development and stuff, Chris Grant? Why not chuck Jason Dunstall on the list? JFC.

Well I mean we haven't all been kissed on the D*** and basically given 2 x top 2 KPP players.. If you look at the unders Acres and Logue have gone for, Langdon in the past you will see freo don't dig their heels in on uncontracted players. Contracted and required players are worth a premium. Dogs should look elsewhere if they aren't prepared to pony up.
And we will again i'm not sure where in this thread you've got this idea that any of us are not okay with walking away

And we will again i'm not sure where in this thread you've got this idea that any of us are not okay with walking away
Its more just attitude of "well here's what will be offered you better accept or you get peanuts next year blah blah blah". As has been mentioned a million times, that is the preffered outcome for freo. Getting a contracted Lobb was always going to be expensive in a trade.

Last edited:
How can a players entire career goal average be relevant when he's played multiple seasons as a number 1 ruckman?
Okay his highest average was this year which was 1.71 which is still less than Mihocek 1st year who was a rookie pick so again it's not as hard to replace the goals as Jackson coming covers the ruck

Its more just attitude of "well here's what will be offered you better accept or you get peanuts next year blah blah blah". As has been mentioned a million times, that is the proffered outcome for freo. Getting a contracted Lobb was always going to be expensive in a trade.
Because 29 is already overs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who? Micocek and Jack Hayes? We aren't going to pull a 200+ cm key forward who can ruck for pick 29.
Why do they have to be 200cm+? You said you need to replace his goals initially then one who can 2nd ruck despite the fact you're getting Jackson. Again these are 2 options from the rookie and spp drafts that can cover his production. I don't think you have quite grasped how average Rory has been over his career

Because we aren't going to replace a 207cm key forward with 189cm Josh Corbett.

Jackson is every chance to be playing all over the ground, keeping Lobb means we can probably trade Meek as it is another ruck option on the list.

The bulldogs pursuit of Lobb is really an indication that Jamarra may end up a bust. I mean if I had Naughton, JUH and Sam Darcy I don't think I'd be looking to bring Lobb in. Dogs must know something we don't.
Luckily you are brining in 199cm Luke Jackson then to play with 195cm Josh Treacy and still have 197cm Matthew Taberner.

The last part is again a laughable strawman argument as Darcy has played more time in defence then up forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back