Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Really, because I read this from Wayne Campbell:

“(List manager Jason McCartney) has been having some good discussions with (Fremantle CEO and acting list manager) Steve Rosich, who’s controlling this deal. We met with them on Monday and they’re really keen on Rory and see him as a really valuable player for them. Without (revealing) any specifics because we haven’t really worked it out yet, I’m sure between the two of them they’ll come to some sort of deal over the next week.”

Who should I believe? GWS Football Boss Wayne Campbell or a tweet from Andrew Browne?

I think I'll go with Door 1: Wayne Campbell.
So that refers to a meeting on Monday, Freo shat the bed Friday.

Not withstanding, it takes 3 to make a trade and it’s the Lobb camp that aren’t happy. Your club is treating players like commodities, people don’t like that...

Not withstanding, it takes 3 to make a trade and it’s the Lobb camp that aren’t happy. Your club is treating players like commodities, people don’t like that...
You need to relax , three day to go. No fun if all the deal done so early .

Thank you for your totally unbiased explanation. I see you are a Melbourne supporter, so I will assume you've just wandered over here from the Hogan thread to give us your opinion as an outsider with no axe to grind whatsoever... I suppose there's no way Lobb could possibly land at Freo now that you have said so, otherwise this could look a little embarrassing for you and me both.

Thank you for your totally unbiased explanation. I see you are a Melbourne supporter, so I will assume you've just wandered over here from the Hogan thread to give us your opinion as an outsider with no axe to grind whatsoever... I suppose there's no way Lobb could possibly land at Freo now that you have said so, otherwise this could look a little embarrassing for you and me both.
Just saying Lobbs cooled on the idea because your club has just publicly screwed Jessie Hogan over.

Did Lobb or his management come out and say they weren’t happy, or was it your boyfriend Jay Clark? Jog on you battler.

Just saying Lobbs cooled on the idea because your club has just publicly screwed Jessie Hogan over.
Ok. You're saying Rory Lobb has changed his mind on going to Freo because of the Hogan trade. Just so I can get this right, by "cooled on the idea" you mean he changed his mind about going to Freo right?

Ok. You're saying Rory Lobb has changed his mind on going to Freo because of the Hogan trade. Just so I can get this right, by "cooled on the idea" you mean he changed his mind about going to Freo right?
I’m not saying anything. I’m relaying the contents of an article a paid professional wrote.

Then some other homophobic Freo loser came at me with some s**t about sucking Jay Clark’s dick

There's a number of options I guess. Pick 23 and 2019 Second Round Selection for Lobb and Pick 43 rates him at pick 13.

That point accumulation thing is a bit of a BS exercise unless you are accumulating points for a F/S kid or Academy kid.

For us our primary interest is high end talent that is ready to go. We are in the window so need kids that can play next year.

We have one kid Briggs that will get a bid and we will be able to cover that as it probably comes in the 20’s where we have a selection. We don’t need points for him.

What is more valuable is a pick swap of 14 with one of your picks and your 2nd rounder this year. Futures again are not ideal as we need players now. We did it with Setterfield as Carlton did not have the picks but we will want something in this years draft for Lobb and Shiel as well as whatever else needs to come.

Why would Lobb care about the Hogan trade?

Lobb knows Sheil and Neale are the 2 clubs most important deals. After they go through Lobb will come fairly easily.

Sounds to me like GWS and Freo are probably agreed in principle on a late 1st rounder. And if we can’t get it, I assume they’d have a plan B.

GWS at least conduct themselves properly rather than squeeling to Vic
media

Mmmmm
Maybe think it through.

Do you seriously believe we would trade Scully for a pick in the 59's and pay his contract? If you do then you might be interested in buying a bridge. It's a big one.

Setterfield is not Lobb and the big bit was a future second round pick. For a guy in rehab I expected less.

Lobb is definitely worth a first round pick and a middle one to me.

I would be so filthy if GWS let Scully go for anything other than a 1st rounder. He’s a stud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Lobb care about the Hogan trade?

Lobb knows Sheil and Neale are the 2 clubs most important deals. After they go through Lobb will come fairly easily.

Sounds to me like GWS and Freo are probably agreed in principle on a late 1st rounder. And if we can’t get it, I assume they’d have a plan B.

GWS at least conduct themselves properly rather than squeeling to Vic
media
Despite our BF fans war over Sunshine when the trade 1st came up, our clubs seem to have a great working relationship so cant see there being a problem with the trade.

Not worried about it being done and I doubt Freo fans should be worried either.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Despite our BF fans war over Sunshine when the trade 1st came up, our clubs seem to have a great working relationship so cant see there being a problem with the trade.

Not worried about it being done and I doubt Freo fans should be worried either.

Yep completely agree. The sunshine case was a strange one.

I would be so filthy if GWS let Scully go for anything other than a 1st rounder. He’s a stud
Imagine being a fan of the club.

To say we arent the happiest fellas with what's been reported is an understatement..

Hell we would be demanding an investigation into our own club if it went through for a 3rd or later and we pay any of his salary.

He made the mistake of trusting a fool of a manager.

Any idea if he still has that manager?
Did he pick up Tim Kelly by any chance?
Haha

Imagine being a fan of the club.

To say we arent the happiest fellas with what's been reported is an understatement..

Hell we would be demanding an investigation into our own club if it went through for a 3rd or later and we pay any of his salary.

The Vic Journos have been absolute scum this trade period

Any idea if he still has that manager?
Did he pick up Tim Kelly by any chance?
Haha

The Vic Journos have been absolute scum this trade period
They are filth.
Barrett the lead one. Making s**t up to get clicks by vflers blowing their loads.

Barrett is a sensationalist.
He probably wonders why clubs are so cold with him.

Sam McClure just needs to be the first to report. His footy knowledge is very basic too
The entire AFL media is based off clicks.

The best way to do that is to act in the VFL self interest.

It's at least a decade away but the tides will change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back