Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like overs for a tall who's still mainly potential and may end up worse than Taberner .

The good think is that Lobb isn't the saviour for our forward line.

Between Hogan, Lobb, Tabs and Cox we have a whole heap more to work with now. McCarthy will also need to earn his games now.

I think we paid a bit too much but this was one of those, just got to get it done deals.

Happy with the trade in the end. I think Freo supporters will be next year as well. People are downgrading him on his form towards the end if last year and this year. He was hampered by groin soreness then, and rested last off season.

When he finally hit his straps this year he ended the year very well. His efforts in both our finals thus year was huge, particularly against Grundy in the SF. He looks ready to hit the ground running to me.

I wish him well, but luck with injuries is all he needs to be an outstanding player for Freo.

The good think is that Lobb isn't the saviour for our forward line.

Between Hogan, Lobb, Tabs and Cox we have a whole heap more to work with now. McCarthy will also need to earn his games now.

I think we paid a bit too much but this was one of those, just got to get it done deals.

McCarthy will be a good WAFL player, cant see him getting a game now.

Can see Hogan, Cox and Lobb working.

McCarthy will be a good WAFL player, cant see him getting a game now.

Can see Hogan, Cox and Lobb working.

Yep. That should be the round 1 forward line.

Tabs and Cam will probably get a few games but barring drastic improvement, or Cox moving back to defence (my personal preference is he stays up forward), are probably done.

McCarthy and Taberner may be fringe AFL players but jeez that would be a lethal combination in the WAFL

Taberner is far from fringe - he came on beautifully until injury robbed him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't Lobb prefer to ruck than play forward ?

So that refers to a meeting on Monday, Freo shat the bed Friday.

Not withstanding, it takes 3 to make a trade and it’s the Lobb camp that aren’t happy. Your club is treating players like commodities, people don’t like that...
Just saying Lobbs cooled on the idea because your club has just publicly screwed Jessie Hogan over.
well.... this is awkward.

Hogan
Lobb
Mcarthy
Is the starting forward line
Taberner has elite running endurance he runs the kms of a midfielder. Op teams might have trouble with our new forward line but its taberner running around creating that marking option further up the field that will really stretch them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back