Tom Boyd or Rory Lobb?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Skipper_

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Both drafted during the same year. Lobb has shown more thus far but Boyd has more potential so who will be the better player?

Ben Brown. But of the two I voted for Boyd. Reckon he'll end up more of a goal kicker. Lobb took the second best mark in the season last year though.

Lots of serious thought reqùired
Hmmmmmmm
Rory by quite a bit. Ben Brown would have needed some serious head scratching. Rory's delivered consistently over a season. When opposition teams know he's our goto man man when we need a mark, he still gets it done. He a very good tap ruck as well. Boyd had a good game in the GF

Lots of serious thought reqùired
Hmmmmmmm
Rory by quite a bit. Ben Brown would have needed some serious head scratching. Rory's delivered consistently over a season. When opposition teams know he's our goto man man when we need a mark, he still gets it done. He a very good tap ruck as well. Boyd had a good game in the GF

Tom Boyd turned 21 in August ... Lobb is 24 in February

Tom Boyd turned 21 in August ... Lobb is 24 in February
I dont dispute Boyd's potential, or that he had a breakout game in the GF, I do think a head to head comparison is a bit silly. Rory was a spindly ex basketball player a couple of years ago, and his development was delayed by serious injury. He does have the runs on the board now though, and comparison with Brown is a lot more valid at this stahe of their careers. IMO

I dont dispute Boyd's potential, or that he had a breakout game in the GF, I do think a head to head comparison is a bit silly. Rory was a spindly ex basketball player a couple of years ago, and his development was delayed by serious injury. He does have the runs on the board now though, and comparison with Brown is a lot more valid at this stahe of their careers. IMO
I'd say Toyd will be playing at least as good as (or most likely better) by the time he turns 24 in 2019.

I'd say Toyd will be playing at least as good as (or most likely better) by the time he turns 24 in 2019.
That's entirely possible and a fair comment, not my point though. My point is comparison now is a bit silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb is ahead on performance right now but on age and upward trajectory - Boyd if you're building a list.
Lobb if you're trading for 12 months.

Back