Opinion Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Big call to splash that amount of coin on lobb off the back of one game...admittedly a very good one.

Yep, would love to get him over but also don't want to cash all our chips in either with the hope that he's the answer to our fwd line probs

5 years at 800k would be about right, if you think he can be the number 1 target.

He has shown he is a great mark all year, his ability isn't in question to me.

If he was on our list I wouldn't want to let him go, a tall marking target that can ruck is exactly what we need.

To get both him and McCarthy would make McCarthy better too.

We shouldn't use the cap space on Lobb.

We're going to need it to retain Apeness when he goes ballistic during the second half of this season.

He will be our power forward who can ruck a bit.

Wouldn't that be great, suddenly with Tabs and A Pearce things may not look so bad in the big man department.

We shouldn't use the cap space on Lobb.

We're going to need it for Hogan and we won't need Lobb as we'll retain Apeness when he goes ballistic during the second half of this season.

Hogan will be our key forward, Apeness as power forward and second ruck, and McCarthy as 3rd tall forward, plus Yarran in the mix.
EFA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on a sec.....800k a year?

Maybe if he plays a season like he played yesterday.
Big call to splash that amount of coin on lobb off the back of one game...admittedly a very good one.

Yep, would love to get him over but also don't want to cash all our chips in either with the hope that he's the answer to our fwd line probs

I was a fan of his before the game. He has been playing well all year.

With the salary cap going up 10% next year and probably 5% a year after that 800k is not a massive amount

Appreciate the increase in the salary cap but agree with Rob.

If he consistently strings a few games like that then yeah, throw a good size contract to entice him. But 800k is top bracket of the league category which probably isn't warranted...yet

I was a fan of his before the game. He has been playing well all year.

With the salary cap going up 10% next year and probably 5% a year after that 800k is not a massive amount

We wont get him. With their flexible salary caps and their anti freo after McCarthy.

What we need to do is know our backyard inside and out and use our late picks\rookies to punt on these. We should have a significant edge over WA boys than everyone else excl Weevils obviously. Darcy Cameron (thanks jerms ) will be drafted elswhere and probably be another Lobb.

Last edited:
Tabs definitely took a few against Talia

Good contested marks by Lobbe yes, but some were against Tim O'Brien...an undersized backman compared to Lobb who has 13cm height on him

Not really, 8 of Lobbs marks were contested. Tabs drops them if he can hear his opponents breathing!

Last edited:
Mayne + our first, for McCarthy + lobb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suspect that would get laughed out of the room. Our first and Maybe wouldn't get Lobb let alone both. Other than the fact GWS will never deal with us again after the McCarthy saga Lobb is turning into the sort of player than changes hand for 2 first rounders. 200cm guys with great hands, footy smarts are the most valuable commodity in footy.
I still don't understand why anyone thinks Lobb would want to move anyway? Where has this come from or is it just the latest bit of wishful thinking?

Just wishing thinking I'd say E Shed

West Aussie KPP who we missed out on drafting, stringing some solid games together, coming out of contract (still not sure if this year or next) = Freo trade target

I suspect that would get laughed out of the room. Our first and Maybe wouldn't get Lobb let alone both. Other than the fact GWS will never deal with us again after the McCarthy saga Lobb is turning into the sort of player than changes hand for 2 first rounders. 200cm guys with great hands, footy smarts are the most valuable commodity in footy.
I still don't understand why anyone thinks Lobb would want to move anyway? Where has this come from or is it just the latest bit of wishful thinking?

Tabs definitely took a few against Talia

Good contested marks by Lobbe yes, but some were against Tim O'Brien...an undersized backman compared to Lobb who has 13cm height on him
Considering Lobb plays more forward than ruck, and the size of the bloke, I expect most opponents will be undersized!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back