Opinion Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Another big tall playing good footy that was available at one of our picks.

How do our recruiters keep getting it so wrong?

Rory Lobb is an Australian rules footballer who plays for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League. Lobb who came to football late after mainly focusing on basketball was taken with pick 29 in the 2013 AFL Draft, and stands at 205cm. However he impressed many with his athletic ability while playing with Swan Districts in the West Australian Football League in 2013 where he averaged 12 disposals, 3 marks and 24 hitouts.

Rory Lobb is an Australian rules footballer who plays for the Greater Western Sydney Giants in the Australian Football League. Lobb who came to football late after mainly focusing on basketball was taken with pick 29 in the 2013 AFL Draft, and stands at 205cm. However he impressed many with his athletic ability while playing with Swan Districts in the West Australian Football League in 2013 where he averaged 12 disposals, 3 marks and 24 hitouts.

I still hold out hope for Apeness but for crying out loud I can't believe Bond & co take non-wa kids over a WA kids when there similarly rated.

I hope Bond & co have learnt from these past drafting blunders.

I still hold out hope for Apeness but for crying out loud I can't believe Bond & co take non-wa kids over a WA kids when there similarly rated.

I hope Bond & co have learnt from these past drafting blunders.
Who rated them similarly? Clearly Bond & co didn't.

Also Lobb presented as a 206cm ruck coming from a basketball background, a position where at the time we were not in need of more project players on the list with Moller developing nicely. Apeness presented as a 200cm forward (also from a non specific AFL background) with the ability to give a chop out in the ruck; an area of our list we desperately needed depth. Yes he had/has injury issues and would take some time to develop as virtually every single guy of that size does.

It has already been pointed out that Fremantle takes more players from WA than it statistically can justify given their representation in the draft. Why distort that even further when it clearly indicates that you would be failing to select the best possible players?

I suspect that would get laughed out of the room. Our first and Maybe wouldn't get Lobb let alone both. Other than the fact GWS will never deal with us again after the McCarthy saga Lobb is turning into the sort of player than changes hand for 2 first rounders. 200cm guys with great hands, footy smarts are the most valuable commodity in footy.
I still don't understand why anyone thinks Lobb would want to move anyway? Where has this come from or is it just the latest bit of wishful thinking?
Not to mention Mayne is a free agent.

Cant see him ever playing for us but out of interest how good was he at basketball? was he state level did the Wildcats look at him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back