Traded Rory Lobb [traded with #14, #43 and #47 to Fremantle for #11 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he ditches those long sleeves he plays in then we'll talk turkey.

Why? Do you get aroused by the tough stickers on his forearms? I see he has them on both now.

26 at the start of next season and for me has gone backwards the last couple of years.

With no Mumford and limited availability from Simpson he's been playing ruck. He doesn't like ruck despite being pushed back and forth the last two seasons when he wants to be a forward. He would be a good forward option both teams with Fremantle's stocks still developing / unknown and WCE having JK who is in his last years.
Have anything to support your statement he doesn't want to ruck?
Cos he's consistently said he does.

His appeal to WC would be as a ruckman who can play forward, rather than vice versa.

Sure we know that's what Eagles need but that role isn't his preference.

Have anything to support your statement he doesn't want to ruck?
Cos he's consistently said he does.

It's the common understanding going around and his playing is pretty good evidence of that. He's a very average #1 Ruck whose two best assets as a player are being void because of being played in that position which in turn is making him even less influential on games - warranting his now "average" assessment from the general audience. It doesn't matter what he's trained to say, the fact is your club is on the hunt for a genuine #1 Ruck while your only forced option wants out.

I'm not a massive fan of him and don't see him as a need - I'm just presenting the situation.

Personally I think you guys would of been much better off if you recruited another #1 Ruck and had Lobb playing in the forward line more with Himmel/Cameron especially given Patton's now questionable availability. Lobb is more intimidating when he has the fitness to stay and perform down the line and up forward, not running around everywhere getting smashed by opposition rucks most weeks.

Sure we know that's what Eagles need but that role isn't his preference.

It's the common understanding going around and his playing is pretty good evidence of that. He's a very average #1 Ruck whose two best assets as a player are being void because of being played in that position which in turn is making him even less influential on games - warranting his now "average" assessment from the general audience. It doesn't matter what he's trained to say, the fact is your club is on the hunt for a genuine #1 Ruck while your only forced option wants out.

I'm not a massive fan of him and don't see him as a need - I'm just presenting the situation.

Personally I think you guys would of been much better off if you recruited another #1 Ruck and had Lobb playing in the forward line more with Himmel/Cameron especially given Patton's now questionable availability. Lobb is more intimidating when he has the fitness to stay and perform down the line and up forward, not running around everywhere getting smashed by opposition rucks most weeks.
So it's common understanding and evidenced by his playing eh. The difference between that and bullshit would be......?

I preferred your original post where you acknowledged he may or may not of had one good game at the back end of an entire season as the #1 ruck.
No I never said that. I didn't expect you to like the post. Given your's is just waffle it needed correction in my view.

Barrett has said on trade radio today that GWS have a 1 million minimum salary cap issue and went onto talking about Shiel and Lobb being likely solutions to fix the issue.

Barrett said Lobb is keen on playing as a forward in WA and because of this didn’t think WC were his best option

Barrett has said on trade radio today that GWS have a 1 million minimum salary cap issue and went onto talking about Shiel and Lobb being likely solutions to fix the issue.

Barrett said Lobb is keen on playing as a forward in WA and because of this didn’t think WC were his best option
Cos Barret knows what he's talking about.Much respected and admired journalist who gets it right. Wasm't it 2 million a week or so ago though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and Wallace initimated the same.

There is obviously talks of him leaving whether true or not is another story
Yes and Wallace initimated the same.

There is obviously talks of him leaving whether true or not is another story
That's a fair comment. Attached is an article, which, unlike Barret references someone who would know
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/d364bc786789e883eebcaf49e3f65747
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-16/easing-the-squeeze-should-gws-trade-a-star

The second article is a what I regard as a balanced view from Nick Bowen.

Barrett said last week it was a 2 million issue.

For someone in the know he his ******* horrid at numbers.

From what I've seen we may move Lobb to try and keep Shiel.

We will be losing one of them is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Barrett said last week it was a 2 million issue.

For someone in the know he his ******* horrid at numbers.

From what I've seen we may move Lobb to try and keep Shiel.

We will be losing one of them is my guess.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
He did today as well. He said he would use 1 million for arguments case and a best case scenario

According to Nick Bowen Fremantle are believed to have an offer of 700k on the table. Lobb is believed to be homesick but has not requested a trade with his exit interview later this week.

Hypothetically (I’m not suggesting he is gone)
If Lobb decides he wants to go. I would imagine Fremantle offer a future second. Lobb is FA next year and if he decides to leave next year you would probably get a second rounder. It would be better value for GWS if Lobb left this year as Freos next years second will be a lot lower than the pick after the Giants second.

It is in the realms of possibility GWS would consider it for this reason alone

According to Nick Bowen Fremantle are believed to have an offer of 700k on the table. Lobb is believed to be homesick but has not requested a trade with his exit interview later this week.

If Lobb decides he wants to go. I would imagine Fremantle offer a future second. Lobb is FA next year and if he decides to leave next year you would probably get a second rounder. It would be better value for GWS if Lobb left this year as Freos next years second will be a lot lower than the pick after the Giants second.

Lobb was drafted in 2014 so he will be a free agent in 2021 and at that salary I would imagine the compensation would be an end of first round compensation pick
Happy to entertain this hypothetical although it does seem like a case of dartboard journalism I don't think he is a fan of living in Perth from a early report when he was drafted but I am sure that amount of money could change anyones mind but it comes down to then the Giants would need a ruck that would not cost the earth
Again hypothetical Neale leaves and Freo end with picks 5 + 6 surely you pick up one or both of the king boys and with Darcy, Meek, Apeness and Jones on the list we should trade you are name as well
I would see a better fit at the Eagles if Lycett leaves and that could be a better pick depending on the trade with them but they have #20 + #35 and then depending on Lycett/Gaff a compensation pick too offer

We cant afford to lose him next year though. Flynn is a good prospect, but 21 next and his third year in the system. Rucks take time.
Cant see it for that reason. He's structurally very important to us.
Pretty sure we wouldn't be at all interested.

If you're talking about this article then I think you read it wrong. Apparently GWS are paying him 700k, surely not?

Haven't read any of above but why would Lobb and / or GWS want to part company.

Haven't read any of above but why would Lobb and / or GWS want to part company.

According to experts:

Lobb wants to go home to WA
Lobb wants to play as a forward, doesn't want to be a ruckman.
Lobb wants a lot of money
GWS doesn't have any cap space
GWS doesn't have a ruckman so play Lobb in the ruck
GWS does have Cameron, Patton and Hindenburg so don't need a forward unless Patton does another knee and Cameron gets suspended for whacking someone.

Look up the free agency rules before making assumptions.

If Lobb goes to Fremantle this year, it will be for pick 6. I find it hard to see that happening after the lengths Ross Lyon took to get that pick in the Geelong game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back