Rumour Rory Lobb

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Good question. We might need to give up 11 or downgrade 11 a bit with someone else to get something else we want and give the lower first rounder to GWS.

They were reputedly in excess of 2 million over the cap for next year, prior to the Scully deal. No way are they even close to where they need to be, even after the deal.

They are up sh*t creek. They desperately need to shed salary. This is THE year to get GWS players.

You can see a similar situation with Essendon and GWS over Shiel. GWS want way too much for a salary dump. They are in no position to be asking for heaven and earth, when they have got themselves into such a financial pickle.

We should be cognisant of this and deal accordingly. Pick 11 for 25 is a joke.

The situation of Scully shouldn't influence the Lobb one at all. Use 11 in the deal for Lobb in the event Eagles swoop in and use those 2 picks for Kelly on Lobb instead.

They were reputedly in excess of 2 million over the cap for next year, prior to the Scully deal. No way are they even close to where they need to be, even after the deal.

They are up sh*t creek. They desperately need to shed salary. This is THE year to get GWS players.

You can see a similar situation with Essendon and GWS over Shiel. GWS want way too much for a salary dump. They are in no position to be asking for heaven and earth, when they have got themselves into such a financial pickle.

We should be cognisant of this and deal accordingly. Pick 11 for 25 is a joke.
I know, but the amount they are over is pure speculation and they may be at the point now when only one of Shiel or Lobb has to go. First one wins maybe. Who knows. We pursued Lobb, so we should try and make it happen and not leave him hanging if it can be avoided. Getting Lobb and Hogan + pick 25+pick 30 for Neale and pick 5 is pretty good.

Surely with GWS firesale, nothing more than pick 30. I’d like to see what change falls out of the hogan deal

Still amazed with the Scully deal - hoping we reference that in our negotiations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe we could just offer them Bennell and Sutcliffe

The situation of Scully shouldn't influence the Lobb one at all. Use 11 in the deal for Lobb in the event Eagles swoop in and use those 2 picks for Kelly on Lobb instead.

Lobb is Kelly in reverse. He doesn’t want to go there.

All these convoluted pick swaps involving us downgrading pick 11 don’t wash with me... most end up valueing Lobbs worth at around pick 20.
Just Give them 23 and if need be a swap of FFC third for gWS fourth round futures (if allowable)
I’m sure FFC see it the same way.
We need to go to the draft with 11, then send 5 and (hopefully) 18 from the Neale deal for Hogan.

Bloody keen to get Lobb into Freo colours, I think he’ll help out structure massively.
Sadly though, I think it spells the end for Sandi unless either Lobb or Darcy are injured.
Ross will troll us though, and play Sandi over 1 of the two young guys ...

All these convoluted pick swaps involving us downgrading pick 11 don’t wash with me... most end up valueing Lobbs worth at around pick 20.
Just Give them 23 and if need be a swap of FFC third for gWS fourth round futures (if allowable)
I’m sure FFC see it the same way.
We need to go to the draft with 11, then send 5 and (hopefully) 18 from the Neale deal for Hogan.

Bloody keen to get Lobb into Freo colours, I think he’ll help out structure massively.
Sadly though, I think it spells the end for Sandi unless either Lobb or Darcy are injured.
Ross will troll us though, and play Sandi over 1 of the two young guys ...
We won’t get much out of Sandi next year anyway - I hope we get to see him leave gracefully - Spurr and Johno didn’t really end their careers with as much respect as they deserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice video on Lobb for those who want to know a little bit more about the lad. May or may not trigger emotions depending on who you are. ;)
Yep that triggered a few for me. So good that he can openly talk about those things. And also so important now that he has nominated Freo for us to make it happen. Make him feel wanted.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

people crapping on about eagles getting kelly have no clue - GWS need cap space - We have that, Eagles could not afford to take on Lobb's contract (as soon as Gaff committed to them, Lobb was out of question and they went with Hickey as Ruck target)...it's a one horse race - always was...we should not pay overs on drafts picks to get him

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back