Recommitted Rory Lobb [trade is off, staying at Fremantle]

Trade week and the draft is all we have this year and, as you know, I don't rate our chances of being serious whilst Lobb is around anyway.
More referencing your not the one that’s going to have clean this up. Wonder what would be worse, this or if Cerra goes to the bottom club

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
The Point is, Lobb despite not kicking 30 goals in a season, is Important to freos structure.
We can do much better than having Lobb in that role though. Just because he's important, doesn't mean he should feel comfortable with his spot in the 22.
If we can get more than a ham sandwich back for him, I'll be happy. I'd rather we keep turning over our list to find players that can be part of a flag winning 22 rather than just accept a player is 'good enough' to play a role.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
A late first and a couple of seconds, or a top 5 pick, for Rory Lobb?

LOL no chance for either.

Freo traded Picks 11 and 23 for Rory Lobb and pick 14 or around that when freo traded for him. I wont be suprised for a similar outcome when he is contracted.

Freo were desperate for a B-grade KPF ruck as much as GWS wanted to get rid of him to free up their salary cap.

So does Gold Coast in that scenario

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I mean, anyone going after Lobb should be fired IMO. I’ve said it earlier but we have 3 ‘KPFs’ on the list of which Lobb is one, he’s contracted for 2 years and he’s paid 200k to much. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would even bother trying to get him, you’d have to pay something stupid for us to give him up. We don’t need the capspace anymore, especially if Cerra leaves so I don’t think it’s coming from us

Polo342

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
I didn't use any points system

The post suggested pick 19 and pick 23 for Lobb and pick ~30
Ignoring the points system - surely that trade suggestion is valuing Lobb as a late first rounder.
I suggested that trade and thought it was quite fair for both teams

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I don't see us trading him unless we get criminal overs

We literally have 3 kpf on the list, I'm not joking, its Taberner, Lobb and Treacy

We are severely lacking for a team that has only played well while playing 3 talls

Why would some club pay overs for Lobb? it doesn't make any sense? they might enquire about him but when they hear the price it would take to pry one third of our tall forwards away, they will run.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
What’s his deal? Why does he wanna leave already?
everythings just rumour as of now, only thing so far was Gf wants a job in Vic

Probably chasing a longer contract length with the same $$

Coling Young is well known to use the media to try and extend or bump up contracts

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
People in this thread are seeing his big salary and confusing it with a salary dump because they have been all the rage lately

This is not a salary dump. This is a poaching of a player on high salary who would be moving for an equally high salary, it will cost the team poaching him.

He is not going to be worth what we are going to ask which is where this will fall down unless a team rates him higher than we do.

Back