Recommitted Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

First time I think it has been reported that Sloane will be a UFA and not an RFA.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c01fc2fffe91c1fb1bed2a41adc16f78

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...8/news-story/93ff5d7d2c6463f3369eefe6d053dfb0

Makes it difficult for the Crows to keep him if they can't use the threat of matching an offer that exists under RFA.

Would take anything Wrinkles says with a grain of salt. Is way past it. Poster on our board pasted in the rules and as they stand (stood) he's an RFA. Not sure it will help though, gut feel is that we don't be able to match his RFA offer and will be stuck with band 1.

Would take anything Wrinkles says with a grain of salt. Is way past it. Poster on our board pasted in the rules and as they stand (stood) he's an RFA. Not sure it will help though, gut feel is that we don't be able to match his RFA offer and will be stuck with band 1.
What's the feel or talk over there about what he's likely to do?

Ta. I guess a lot of it will come down to his other half and whether she has a dream job lined up in Melbourne for instance.

Don't ignore Sydney, although I'm sure there's more pull towards Melbourne. Our only hope is that Rory picks a team with a well paid list and accepts a price that we can match. We can hopefully end up with a first and second or 2 mid/latish firsts.

I think he will go. He used to be the player talking about loyalty is most important, however he has seen his team mates doing the opposite, so he proberbly thinks, screw it.

The discussion is that while is one of the top paid at the club, he has been at the club for 10y thus is UFA.

However, someone on the crows board posted this which suggests he is a RFA.
Might be time for some more AFL policy on the run
Didn't the recent change to the CBA change his FA status?

Considering his age wouldn't a band one comp be about the right price anyway?

I know Adelaide are competing for a flag so want players not picks, but in a vacuum it seems about right to me.

Didn't the recent change to the CBA change his FA status?
Can that only be implemented for new contracts signed after the CBA? Surely the contract in place stands under the rules in place when it was signed? I'm no solicitor though

Considering his age wouldn't a band one comp be about the right price anyway?

I know Adelaide are competing for a flag so want players not picks, but in a vacuum it seems about right to me.
Like Danger the Crows wouldn't want a late 1st round pick for him - they will try and force a trade again.

Most think he'll be a unrestricted free agent, so there won't be any trading, he'll be free to walk to wherever he wants.
Ok - that makes think interesting. That would be a massive blow to lose him for a late 1st rounder. A heart and soul player walking would be as tough as watching Danger walk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmmm the AFC pucker meter is rising....

Not made it clench yet but its heading there.

Go Catters

Carlton could be the dark horse here, They have a bunch of kids + Kreuzer,Murphy are the only players that are getting decent coin and would have been already paid. 3 x $900k and Sloan would walk to Carlton and if they some how pull off the Kelly deal then their midfield is well on the way

Taylor frees up some space next year?
Some yes. Enough. Who knows.
Carlton could be the dark horse here, They have a bunch of kids + Kreuzer,Murphy are the only players that are getting decent coin and would have been already paid. 3 x $900k and Sloan would walk to Carlton and if they some how pull off the Kelly deal then their midfield is well on the way
He will be 29 next year.
Won’t be going to a club that isn’t in the window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back