Recommitted Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Drive thru the area. He's everywhere. He's done, is doing and will continue to do plenty fine.

GO Catters
Thats exactly what i was thinking, Im sure all this would have been layed on the table and he made the call accordingly

Dusty settled for alot less than what he would have got at north but with his Norm Smith & Brownlow he has been doing many shows where its full with Richmond supporters as well as his Puma work which would be earning him a packet - Dusty i believe is making more than anything he would have anticipated if he went to north

Mardi wanted to be back in the Geelong area and didn't want to be anywhere else so there were never any other clubs seriously in the frame hence we didn't need to offer more $ than that.
Crows were offering more than the Cats. Danger didn't leave for money but family reasons. Should be obvious.

UPYRSFMTP

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
interesting that the cows announce a big profit ..

wouldn't it be funny if the AFL comes and takes 1/2 (or more) of the profit for the equalization fund and gives some of the money to the Roos who then use it (along with some of their $$$ war chest) to get Slone ..

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

wouldn't it be funny if the AFL comes and takes 1/2 (or more) of the profit for the equalization fund and gives some of the money to the Roos who then use it (along with some of their $$$ war chest) to get Slone ..

I’m happy for that to happen if North get Wines instead

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
He got shut out of a few games last year. His best is amazing his worst is really poor.

Definitely needs to overcome a tag. But a fair portion struggle in their early being tagged days.. Hopefully he and the coaches can work it out. Being held to low teens as a primary inside mid by a c+ grade opponent isn't close to being good enough.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely it does but there is just something about the Danger deal that doesnt sit right with me, Has to be more to it as he was worth way more and probably left 400k a year - Maybe he has been offered a 'Land' Deal somewhere

I'd be surprised if Danger isn't on $1m+. Geelong's list isn't that stacked that they couldn't afford it. Why not just lodge the $850 x 5 offer and see what happens. Might save a first and second and if not, you're exactly where you ended up anyway.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely at this point the crows will be expecting him to leave

I certainly am and can't wait for the FA change to be confirmed making him unrestricted and picking up a future gun with sweet, sweet pick 16. Which will be 22 after a couple of academy picks, FA compos and priority picks jump in front.

Lol, Sloane isn't going to North for 2 good reasons. He will only head back to Melbourne to play for a team in premiership contention & also Roos are targeting younger player like Wines, given they are in rebuild mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UPYRSFMTP

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol, Sloane isn't going to North for 2 good reasons. He will only head back to Melbourne to play for a team in premiership contention & also Roos are targeting younger player like Wines, given they are in rebuild mode.

you missed the point ....

the cows make big profit and the AFL takes at least 1/2 as part of the equalization fund and gives it to those clubs that don't make profit so these clubs use it to target top players like Slone ..

or to make it simpler the money the AFL will take from the cows because of their $600k profit will land in the basket of GWS, Suns, maybe Dogs, Roos... what former cows money the Roos get will then go into their war chest to entice Slone (for example).

you missed the point ....

the cows make big profit and the AFL takes at least 1/2 as part of the equalization fund and gives it to those clubs that don't make profit so these clubs use it to target top players like Slone ..

or to make it simpler the money the AFL will take from the cows because of their $600k profit will land in the basket of GWS, Suns, maybe Dogs, Roos... what former cows money the Roos get will then go into their war chest to entice Slone (for example).
No, you missed the point that your hypothetical is irrelevant!

UPYRSFMTP

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, you missed the point that your hypothetical is irrelevant!

how can cows profit money going to other clubs be irrelevant ???

But Glad to see your happy that cows profit is being 1/2 by the AFL (via their equalization fund) and the recipients of money (like the Roos for example) can add to their war chests thus giving them more of an opportunity to table an even bigger offer to players like Slone, Lynch, Laird etc

I am sure every Roo supporters will say thank you to the cows for the extra money

how can cows profit money going to other clubs be irrelevant ???

But Glad to see your happy that cows profit is being 1/2 by the AFL (via their equalization fund) and the recipients of money (like the Roos for example) can add to their war chests thus giving them more of an opportunity to table an even bigger offer to players like Slone, Lynch, Laird etc

I am sure every Roo supporters will say thank you to the cows for the extra money
You're not even a quality troll worthy of further rebuttal.

UPYRSFMTP

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You're not even a quality troll worthy of further rebuttal.

keep your head in the sand like Roo and your board ... but the cows have had $700k profit taken last year to the equalization fund and probably $300k taken this year (that is $1 million in 2 years) glad the cows don't care about this

keep your head in the sand like Roo and your board ... but the cows have had $700k profit taken last year to the equalization fund and probably $300k taken this year (that is $1 million in 2 years) glad the cows don't care about this
Lol, I'm sure this is the real reason why Port only make small profits of $30K based on more handouts than the Crows.

Yes, I reckon I prefer my club to stop performing well financially so we can only just get by like Port...

UPYRSFMTP

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol, I'm sure this is the real reason why Port only make small profits of $30K based on more handouts than the Crows.

Yes, I reckon I prefer my club to stop performing well financially so we can only just get by like Port...

yes their is a reason we post token profits ..

Cows - community programs $1.2 mil (to $1.5 mil) - Profit $600+k (cow supporters happy, AFL happy, other clubs happy - due to the equalization fund) - these other clubs use this money to post bigger offers to stars eg Slone, Lynch & Laird etc

Port - community programs $2.5 mil (2nd only to West Coast) - profit 30k (port supporters happy, Cow supporters think we are broke and are happy - but we are not, AFL not happy, other clubs not happy - no bigger offers by other clubs to stars like Wines, Slone etc.

notice the so called hand outs go towards our community programs

if we wanted a larger profit then we would reduce the money to the community programs .. but if we did that then the AFL would come calling and take 1/2 (or more)

I am surprised that Roo and the cows board don't see this .. but I guess they like giving away about 1/2 of their profit (every year they make a profit) ...

and I am sure other teams like the Suns, GWS, Dogs and North Melbourne are happy for the extra money that was the cows so they can go for stars like Slone

Last edited:
How to moderators allow trolls saying “cows” and the like on serious boards.

Makes me roll my eyes and think ‘this is just a pseudo Bay 13 thread’ and not worth the time and effort of serious contribution.

budget

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2008
port pirie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
cricket,

yeah well you and the rest of the ferals don't have to worry because you hardly ever make a profit you just wait for handouts!

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
yeah well you and the rest of the ferals don't have to worry because you hardly ever make a profit you just wait for handouts!

Makes me roll my eyes and think ‘this is just a pseudo Bay 13 thread’ and not worth the time and effort of serious contribution.
here dirty bird..a little reminder of how others saw port only a few short years back. Remember they needed $9 million from the AFL to effectively keep them from folding

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

here dirty bird..a little reminder of how others saw port only a few short years back. Remember they needed $9 million from the AFL to effectively keep them from folding

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back