Recommitted Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering there are some players that are coming out of contract that the club could let go that would free up salary cap room - McKay, Otten, Cheney, matching a salary won't be a problem unless it is something like 1.5mil for 4 years which is highly unlikely for a guy who turns 29 before next season. I am pretty confident the crows would match any bid made for him if he chooses to go and that then puts the club in a very strong bargaining position and some top end picks will come their way and that puts them in the frame to grab one or both of Lukosius and Rankine which would be massive. Having said that, I think he will stay on at the club and he will be paid very well to do so

Considering there are some players that are coming out of contract that the club could let go that would free up salary cap room - McKay, Otten, Cheney, matching a salary won't be a problem unless it is something like 1.5mil for 4 years which is highly unlikely for a guy who turns 29 before next season. I am pretty confident the crows would match any bid made for him if he chooses to go and that then puts the club in a very strong bargaining position and some top end picks will come their way and that puts them in the frame to grab one or both of Lukosius and Rankine which would be massive. Having said that, I think he will stay on at the club and he will be paid very well to do so
How could you possibly see Sloane getting you 2 picks in the top 5 this year? No team is the hunt for him would have 1 top 5 let alone 2. That’s wishful thinking at its best.

Sloane for a single top 5 pick ? That fair ?
I would probably value him what we traded for lever ..
Sloane won’t chose to go to a bottom club so you probably won’t be getting a pick that high. You’ll most likely receive a mid first rounder and a third rounder or a depth player if he does indeed leave.

Sloane won’t chose to go to a bottom club so you probably won’t be getting a pick that high. You’ll most likely receive a mid first rounder and a third rounder or a depth player if he does indeed leave.
Geeze.. Actually you're prob right... Thats similar to what we got for danger.

Would throw one of our two first rounders Adelaide's way for Sloane.

All depends where we finish the season if we could attract someone like Sloane.
Only word of caution I'd have is his age. You 're on a long climb I think. Not that you can have them but I think Ward or Cogs would be a better fit. Someone with proven leadership ability anyway with at keast 5-6 years to go.

St Kilda and Hawthorn will be closest to his neck of the woods. Essendon, Melbourne and Collingwood could be an option. I'd nearly rule everyone else out of the running. I'd nearly make a wager that he will be coming back to Vic. That article on AFL.com that mentions his wifes work situation makes me lean toward a move at end of year. She will be getting big offers from the media.

Would throw one of our two first rounders Adelaide's way for Sloane.

All depends where we finish the season if we could attract someone like Sloane.
Even if have a reasonable year and finish 12th/13th, I can’t see Sloane leaving to Queensland. He will probably want to join a Victorian club who will be in contention before his career is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zero chance, if he leaves Adelaide he’s coming back to Melbourne.
Even if have a reasonable year and finish 12th/13th, I can’t see Sloane leaving to Queensland. He will probably want to join a Victorian club who will be in contention before his career is done.
Yeah it is very optimistic, but I would as a club want to at least be asking the question.

St Kilda currently sitting on pick 6? That would probably get them a seat at the table.

IMO if he leaves Adelaide (which I highly doubt), it’s the Saints or Essendon.

I’d be happy with the Saints, pick 5/6 sounds about right for him. Essendon will finish top 4 I reckon, so you might need two firsts from them

latest article on the AFL web site ... re Slone

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-04/analysis-why-dons-are-the-best-sloane-fit#/

ANALYSIS: Why Dons are the best Sloane fit
Nick Bowen - Apr 4, 2018 5:32PM

interesting long article .....

Is it too much to expect the Official AFL website to exercise a degree of impartiality when publishing articles about contracted players, and leave the baseless gossip and speculation to the Herald Sun?

Really poor look for the league to be endorsing such inflammatory, biased, disrespectful clickbait. I'd hope the Crows give them a whack over this.

Is it too much to expect the Official AFL website to exercise a degree of impartiality when publishing articles about contracted players, and leave the baseless gossip and speculation to the Herald Sun?

Really poor look for the league to be endorsing such inflammatory, biased, disrespectful clickbait. I'd hope the Crows give them a whack over this.
Welcome to every article over the past 3 years about the Suns players :p

LOL.

Jesus christ.

They are a news and article source. Official or not, they report on this type of stuff all the time. It's the journalists ******* jobs.

Heard he really wants to come to Hawthorn....Loves Clarko, his vision, style & game-plan.....Will take unders to come to us, so he can play in a premiership before he retires.

Smart lad Rory.
heard that it will happen as a straight swap for Rioli and Burton as burton wants to rewturn home to SA and Rioli wants to play in the forward line with Eddie Betts so they can try and outdo each other for the title of most mercurial each week

heard that it will happen as a straight swap for Rioli and Burton as burton wants to rewturn home to SA and Rioli wants to play in the forward line with Eddie Betts so they can try and outdo each other for the title of most mercurial each week

No need for swapsies when he's a FA....Vic bound is the Sloane-Ranger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back