Recommitted Rory Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS is a wonderful place for an annual fishing trip ... Marchbank , Plowman , Pickett and Kennedy will all have 10 year careers at the Blues .
Looking forward to seeing who Silvagni lands next from the Giants , AFC should give it a try .
Not so worried about the rookie draft , more looking forward to the main draft where we have 2 x top 10 selections including pick 10 where we may choose highly regarded South Australian Fogarty ...

Not sure what a Plowman is but if Pickett has a 10 year career at Carlton the way he played this year then I think Carlton will be bottom four for 10 years also

You aren't that ignorant mate
Don't take the defections and GF surrender so hard ...

1999 Carlton were last in a GF and got flogged. That is the year the Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls.... holy s**t that is a long time ago. How many more spoons do you need for a full set? I think you are a great chance to add another one to the collection in 2018.

Serious question, are the spoons engraved?

1999 Carlton were last in a GF and got flogged. That is the year the Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls.... holy s**t that is a long time ago. How many more spoons do you need for a full set? I think you are a great chance to add another one to the collection in 2018.

Serious question, are the spoons engraved?

C'mon mate , it doesn't really matter if your dad is tougher than mine .
We're here to discuss Sloane and the possibility of him being the next to defect from the AFC .
Do you think there is an underlying problem with player retention at the AFC ?
Port don't seem to have such worries ?

C'mon mate , it doesn't really matter if your dad is tougher than mine .
We're here to discuss Sloane and the possibility of him being the next to defect from the AFC .
Do you think there is an underlying problem with player retention at the AFC ?
Port don't seem to have such worries ?

So we are here to discuss this yet you bring up the GF??? So which one is it?

Our player development is better than most and clubs pay more than what the player is worth. Pretty simple to see really.

Tippett = $800k to 1 mill a year. Win (apart from us cheating)
Phil Davis- big money . Win
Danger- loss but at least got something from it
Gunston probably the worst one but wanted to go home
Bock = massive win
Lever - $800k a year - win
Cameron - apparently $500k per year- win

Do you honestly think those players above are worth that coin? If we paid players like that we would lose others.

On the other hand
Betts = win
Jenkins = win
Jacobs = win
Lynch = win

Port have shown how not to do it in my opinion

Hartlett couldn’t get rid of him
Lobbe massive overs, big contracts on big coin. Were paying $700k a year for Trengove.

So Sloane is leaving because he hasn’t signed a contract a year before he has to?

So let’s start a thread about Docherty because he hasn’t signed his contract for next year yet? Do you now understand how stupid that is?

Last edited:
So we are here to discuss this yet you bring up the GF??? So which one is it?

Our player development is better than most and clubs pay more than what the player is worth. Pretty simple to see really.

Tippett = $800k to 1 mill a year. Win (apart from us cheating)
Phil Davis- big money . Win
Danger- loss but at least got something from it
Gunston probably the worst one but wanted to go home
Bock = massive win
Lever - $800k a year - win
Cameron - apparently $500k per year- win

Do you honestly think those players above are worth that coin? If we paid players like that we would lose others.

On the other hand
Betts = win
Jenkins = win
Jacobs = win
Lynch = win

Port have shown how not to do it in my opinion

Hartlett couldn’t get rid of him
Lobbe massive overs, big contracts on big coin. Were paying $700k a year for Trengove.

So Sloane is leaving because he hasn’t signed a contract a year before he has to?

So let’s start a thread about Docherty because he hasn’t signed his contract for next year yet? Do you now understand how stupid that is?

Look up mate ,
I posted the "possibility" of Sloane being the next player to defect from the AFC .
I'm sure nobody comes to the "Sloane" thread to read about Carlton and it's players so lets try not to derail the thread shall we .
The market regulates what a player is worth and it seems the AFC either can't or won't match other clubs offers .
Or is there something else at play that see's a consistent stream of good players depart the club ?
I don't know how you can claim the constant loss of quality players a win and judging by the comments on your club board , either do your brethren ...

So your last year of following this plastic franchise then ?
Lose a grand final and roll it all up hey?

No problem with losing a Grand Final, got totally outplayed on the day, it happens. 16 other clubs would've killed to be in our position and having a shot at the Premiership.

Would never stop following my club, taking a step back from being so invested in football could be good for my bloodpressure though.

I appreciate your attempt to troll though. Nice work. Guess you have to keep a good sense of humour when your team has been a joke for most of this century?

Look up mate ,
I posted the "possibility" of Sloane being the next player to defect from the AFC .
I'm sure nobody comes to the "Sloane" thread to read about Carlton and it's players so lets try not to derail the thread shall we .
The market regulates what a player is worth and it seems the AFC either can't or won't match other clubs offers .
Or is there something else at play that see's a consistent stream of good players depart the club ?
I don't know how you can claim the constant loss of quality players a win and judging by the comments on your club board , either do your brethren ...

Why would I care about what my fellow supporters think? I don’t know them.

I’ve seen some pretty outlandish comments by your supporters but I don’t use that as some kind of proof for something.

We lose players like every other club except ours seem to be higher profile and a lot of that is to do with our development team.

If you got paid more money to do the same job then you would. If you think Tippett was worth $1 million a year then that shows me this conversation isn’t going anywhere in a hurry

No problem with losing a Grand Final

Got it. Settle for second best and shitting the bed on grand final day.
Fair enough if that how you roll over there following a plastic franchise.

I am dirty if my team ever losers a grand final I thought we were a big chance of winning but I understand some of you guys from fishbowl just got lower standards of expectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like I’m in the Josh Kelly thread again.

Just need a couple North supporters with their “sources” so we can lock this thread up because he would be staying

Sloane stays odds 10 to 1
Sloane leaves odds 1 to 9 on, practically Winx type odds on winning Cox Plate last weekend.

Josh Kelly odds were always even money what he would do.

I believe so.
From a member of the family.
Ok, fair enough.
Think his pull back to living in Melbourne with friends and family is far stronger than any pull to a specific club. But if Saints still train in Seaford when he due to come back here I'll tip he will give them a miss and goto another club here. Melbourne would be ideal for him if they train out at Casey Fields often as I suspect Rory would love to move back to the Dandenongs and that is closest training area to there I would think.

Last edited:
It would be pretty scary having Ablett, Danger, Selwood, Sloane and even Duncan in the one midfield.

Having said that, can't see why he would leave really. He's been there a decade, would be well remunerated and plays for a side as likely as any to win the flag.

People don't like playing for the adelaide corporation

His a FA so HE will obviously choose where he goes....

I'm sensing the bombres.

He's exactly the type of player they should have pursued this year.

Crows will pocket a 1st round compensation pick and throw all 3 of their picks at the Suns or North for one of Rankine or Lukosius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back