Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have taken all of five seconds to Google the Crows 2022 leadership group and realize Laird isn't in it
Sliding Doors

If Laird was in the leadership group

Then

He would be Captain

If is doing a massive amount of work there.

He didn't manage to recapture his vintage form in 4 seasons prior to doing his knee. It is unlikely at his age that he will.

While his vintage form was good form, sometimes very good, it was based on gut running and hard work rather than skill and it couldn't stand up to a tag.

Far more likely he gets around like a final year Thommo than anything else.

No way he's going to be that bad. I won't be surprised if he returns with some zip and freshness that we haven't seen for years. He's played banged up so often I reckon returning from a knee, but otherwise uninjured is about evens and then take into account a season off opfrom the general battering. He'll genuinely be feeling better than he has for years.

No way he's going to be that bad. I won't be surprised if he returns with some zip and freshness that we haven't seen for years. He's played banged up so often I reckon returning from a knee, but otherwise uninjured is about evens and then take into account a season off opfrom the general battering. He'll genuinely be feeling better than he has for years.

Probably more fair than what I said.

If we use him correctly, as in not in the midfield, then I think he can add value and experience and we can maximise his output. Having him in the guts would be a waste of his time and a waste of ours.

What do you think? Do you think he waited until Feb 14 to step down? Why now? Do you think he was waiting to see what that Andrew’s or McCluggage were like?
Do you think he hasnt been deciding over the summer months if he wants to continue,and is there a player ready for the job ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you think he hasnt been deciding over the summer months if he wants to continue,and is there a player ready for the job ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do you think he needed the summer to know whether the guys he’s played with for at least 5 years are ready?

But more importantly do you think every report out of a club is accurate and if not, what criteria do you use to work out which ones are PR spin and which aren’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think he needed the summer to know whether the guys he’s played with for at least 5 years are ready?

But more importantly do you think every report out of a club is accurate and if not, what criteria do you use to work out which ones are PR spin and which aren’t?
No, but Dawson has only been with us for 1 year.

Back