News Ross, Jones, Golds, Greaves and Reeves all re-sign

What is interesting is that 4 of the 5 signings are rookie-listed players.

Wandering Hawk

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
so only 10 uncontracted players left then??

Grant Birchall, Kaiden Brand, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, Oliver Hanrahan, Ricky Henderson, Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ryan Schoenmakers.

((Jarryd Roughead, Will Langford)).

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grant Birchall, Kaiden Brand, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, Oliver Hanrahan, Ricky Henderson, Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Ryan Schoenmakers.

((Jarryd Roughead, Will Langford)).
Brand and Ollie both have a contract for next year

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think its fair to insinuate Reeves is only getting a contract due to his dad, we've turned away many father sons simply because they can't or at least we can't see their potential begin worth a spot on our list, he's there on merit and we should all assume that unless you can provide evidence stating otherwise.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't think its fair to insinuate Reeves is only getting a contract due to his dad, we've turned away many father sons simply because they can't or at least we can't see their potential begin worth a spot on our list, he's there on merit and we should all assume that unless you can provide evidence stating otherwise.

There’s plenty of ruckman his age who are more talented... do you genuinely feel if his old man wasn’t running the club he’d be on the list? Gotta be taking the micky

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There’s plenty of ruckman his age who are more talented... do you genuinely feel if his old man wasn’t running the club he’d be on the list? Gotta be taking the micky

True. But apart from the odd success from day dot nearly all ruckman come from the clouds to announce themselves.
Don't think having this kid on the very bottom of the list is gonna hurt the club by reducing our options.
If Pittonet doesn't have a future, would prefer we give another go in late rounds or rookie list anyway to see if we can hit future gold. Won't have any impact on Reeves.

Fetnarr

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Such a disappointment is KB.. I was bullish on him being a player a few years back, but has legitimately gone backwards.

Maybe he’ll do a Timmy O! Shoulder issues have plagued his career unfortunately and he always seems to have a set back just as he is gaining some confidence. I reckon it was 2 years ago he strung 6-7 decent games together and I thought he’d go alright but hasn’t been anywhere near that level since.
On his last chance next year I’m sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have to say that from what I have seen on the Box hill televised games I am pretty happy for all of hear kids to get another year.
They all have potential & another preseason will do wonders for the likes of Jones & Greaves in particular.

Ross was an easy extension, Jones the same with some continuity, Golds has shown enough to suggest that if his body can catch up he could be a player, Reeves is well... very tall. One more year to see if there is a baller there.

Greaves is the one for me out of the bunch. He hasn’t had big numbers but he just looks like a player with time. I think he is a classic 2-3 year project that will reap big rewards.
Get him bigger & fitter & I think he could be a good HBF/wing option.

He does look to get to the right spots but probably doesn’t demand the ball enough bit when he does he has a pretty nice kick.

But many of them come with an asking price of a higher draft pick. We essentially got Reeves for nothing. If we can manage to give him a few years and he plays seniors, great. Other option is he helps with our backup stocks over time as we target other rucks in the post-big boy era. One other option could be he becomes fringe and we sell him down the track for a second or third round pick, giving us a return on investment.Let's wait and see. Way to be early to be making a call.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Some pretty easy calls for the club. Jones is stiff. Had he played a full season reckon he would have got a call up. Golds and Greaves are both footballers - both lack a bit of muscle well worth spots on the list.

Big Ned is a stretch physically but is miles off it.

Dunno on Ross. He finds the footy, not sure he can win a contest.

You think Graham Wright is this much of an amateur?

Back