Ross Lyon audio

Remove this Banner Ad

This has got s**t show written all over it.

How did he get the job in the first place?

A handful of pissed rich blokes in a boat decided that "he's the man".

It's absolutely absurd.
Lol based on what? The audio leak it seems like no one has heard?

Get a grip.

I'm hearing that the audio contains evidence that Ross conspired to cover up the Saints' involvement in the break in at Essendon HQ. Sources say the burglars mistakenly broke into James Hird's old filing cabinet, not Scott's, and stole his game plan document. It purportedly read:

1. Get on the good stuff
  2. Get big and tanned
  3. Win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol based on what? The audio leak it seems like no one has heard?

Get a grip.

this was reported on footy classified a while back.

you have form now for losing it when ever there's even the slightest level of criticism directed at the club.

time to grow up and accept that not everything the club does is amazing.

I'm hearing that the audio contains evidence that Ross conspired to cover up the Saints' involvement in the break in at Essendon HQ. Sources say the burglars mistakenly broke into James Hird's old filing cabinet, not Scott's, and stole his game plan document. It purportedly read:

1. Get on the good stuff
  2. Get big and tanned
  3. Win?

You left out the permanent erection - colloquially known at Essendon as 'cracking a Hirdy'

I can only imagine the things he would've said realizing that Mason Wood was BOG in the practice match. Speaks volumes.

Can't believe this is a story. I'm sure things would be said about players in all 18 coaches boxes that players wouldn't want to hear
Yes but teams don't normally upload them onto dropbox for other teams to listen to.

Saints came out with it, i assume just in case it becomes public so there is some context around it. All other 17 clubs could have a copy of it and if the Saints made the finals or going into an important game with someones season on the line, it might hit the press and put a few players noses out of joint.

Look, itā€™s not ideal
It is what it is and at the end of the day we move on.
It was unfortunate, but we can't go back in time and change it.
I'm focused on my job as coach . Yes it was embarrassing but that is life sometimes, there's lots of ebbs and flows.
Next question.

this was reported on footy classified a while back.

you have form now for losing it when ever there's even the slightest level of criticism directed at the club.

time to grow up and accept that not everything the club does is amazing.
Yes, you'll no doubt be referencing this story years from now to illustrate the issues with the club.

I was responding to the poster saying the Ross Lyon appointment is a shambles. Do you actually agree with that? I thought you were in favour?

Do you really think the club should be hung out to dry over this? Seems like a nothing story to me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back