Ross Lyon audio

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele was pleased that Lyon addressed the group about the incident before the report emerged as he prefers knowing exactly what has transpired instead of learning himself from the media.

“I think it’s never great to hear things come out that aren’t from your club or your coach,” Steele explained.

“In the past things like this may have happened where we’ve found out about a certain situation on social media, and that’s not great to hear as a player and captain of the club that your mum and your best mate are hearing something before you do.

“For our coach to come out and do that as a player was awesome.”

Steele hopes the incident acts as a learning opportunity for those inside the club’s four walls.

“There’s heaps of people that have a lot of responsibility in getting this stuff right,” Steele said.

“Clearly it was a fair mistake, but it was never this person’s intention to leak this sort of information.

“There are a lot of people you need to trust and be on board with what we’re trying to do as a club.

“I think as time goes on we’ll probably learn and there may be higher security with this sort of stuff.

“It is something that we need to get better at going forward.”

Sounds like Ross has increased his buy-in with the players over it which is a great result.
Hopefully nothing too useful tactically was leaked.
(That wouldn't have been a issue under Ratten because we had no tactics or gameplan to actually leak)

I don't see how this leak would be that useful tactically in a practice match where we were missing so many players and trying out different things.

Our forward line set up will be different when we get back King, Membrey and Hayes and our midfield will be different with Ross, Hill, Billings and Jones.

Chances are whatever Ross said in the box 17 other coaches would say something similar.

Coaches blow up all the time even on little things it's no big deal.

Wait did I misread the context was it critique on players or strategies that was leaked?

No one knows as the leak hasn't been released, maybe it wasn't even a leak after all as by the time other people knew about it it had been deleted.

I think the most interesting thing here, is that St Kilda won't know if teams have the audio or not, because if there were tactics spoken about, why would you say you had it?

And if you're St Kilda, do you start making adjustments out of fear that other teams might know more than they should? Would be a terrible situation, imo.

It's a plot to try and get the other 17 teams to adopt St Kilda's "game plan" or get high paid spuds to leave the club.
Then the Saints might actually win some games.

No one knows as the leak hasn't been released, maybe it wasn't even a leak after all as by the time other people knew about it it had been deleted.

St Kilda have got ahead of a non-leak by getting the coach to read a transcript of inoffensive comments to his players, who thought the whole thing was ‘awesome’….but also ‘quite disappointing’.

I mean, it’s not Ricky Nixon in his underpants with Kim Duthie is it?

7/10 - ‘Quirky Pre-Season Hijinx’ as opposed to black eye on club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, you'll no doubt be referencing this story years from now to illustrate the issues with the club.

I was responding to the poster saying the Ross Lyon appointment is a shambles. Do you actually agree with that? I thought you were in favour?

Do you really think the club should be hung out to dry over this? Seems like a nothing story to me.

you'd have to agree things dont look good.

• they resign ratten on a 2 year deal, only to sack him less than 100 days later
  • reports come out eddie mcguire pitched the idea of bringing ross back to our current pres on a yacht with a bunch of other ex presidents in attendance
  • we then re-sign ross
  • walsh leaves the game due to family reasons... we bringing him out of retirement... only for him to leave a couple months later (if that) due to... would you believe it or not... family reasons!
  • conceede the footy dept is a shambles... list strategy is wrong... we then promote the guy who was in charge of that to CEO,
  • the list boss who was best mates with newly appointed CEO quits... we replace him with a mate of ross lyon,
  • upload sensitive information, hanging the coach out to dry, exposing internally sensitive information.

it's all a bit s**t mate. surely you can concede that, my guess is you wont, because it's all *in rainbows!!!

Quirky Pre-Season Hijinx

Yup.

“He took me through the transcript of what was said and there was nothing that anyone would have been offended by, but again it was important that he addressed it ... he has earned a level of respect from me and the players about the way he has gone through this whole situation.”

Couldn't care less. Don't know why you tag me in inane crap like this.

I hope Ross pays good rent for living in your head 24/7 though.
I have no animosity towards Ross Lyon. Absolutely none. lol

I will always savour and cherish every final under Ross Lyon from 2012 to 2015, even the heart breaking finals defeats.

You saints fans claim you had no animosity towards Ross Lyon.... lol

Yet when Ross Lyon left your club to go to Freo at the end of 2011, You saints fans went crazy and went on a 10 year drunken tirade on him on Big Footy and Bay 13. lol

Go look at the Big footy posts of Plugger35 and StCicatriz . LOL

Dont tell me that they didnt verbally bash ross lyon when he was freos coach from 2012 to 2019.

Hell, even bird_man called me a sad crazed mother f##ker on the main board in front of every one. lol

I have no animosity towards Ross Lyon. Absolutely none. lol

I will always savour and cherish every final under Ross Lyon from 2012 to 2015, even the heart breaking finals defeats.

You saints fans claim you had no animosity towards Ross Lyon.... lol

Yet when Ross Lyon left your club to go to Freo at the end of 2011, You saints fans went crazy and went on a 10 year drunken tirade on him on Big Footy and Bay 13. lol

Go look at the Big footy posts of Plugger35 and StCicatriz . LOL

Dont tell me that they didnt verbally bash ross lyon when he was freos coach from 2012 to 2019.

Hell, even bird_man called me a sad crazed mother f##ker on the main board in front of every one. lol
That is because you continue to tag me in weird random s**t man

Pretty sure I called you a weird mother *er. And I stand by it

I think the most interesting thing here, is that St Kilda won't know if teams have the audio or not, because if there were tactics spoken about, why would you say you had it?

And if you're St Kilda, do you start making adjustments out of fear that other teams might know more than they should? Would be a terrible situation, imo.
Agreed, and what if you know that they know that you know, do you make the adjustment or not make the adjustment because they might counter adjust the adjustment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back