Ross Lyon audio

Remove this Banner Ad

That sounds very difficult

Sure, but probably more effective than Ross apparently reading out the whole game strategy verbatim in a practise match.

The most shocking thing about this is to find out that we finally have a game day strategy that doesn’t consist of handballing at teammate’s feet or bombing it long to King who has three blokes on him.

you'd have to agree things dont look good.

• they resign ratten on a 2 year deal, only to sack him less than 100 days later
  • reports come out eddie mcguire pitched the idea of bringing ross back to our current pres on a yacht with a bunch of other ex presidents in attendance
  • we then re-sign ross
  • walsh leaves the game due to family reasons... we bringing him out of retirement... only for him to leave a couple months later (if that) due to... would you believe it or not... family reasons!
  • conceede the footy dept is a shambles... list strategy is wrong... we then promote the guy who was in charge of that to CEO,
  • the list boss who was best mates with newly appointed CEO quits... we replace him with a mate of ross lyon,
  • upload sensitive information, hanging the coach out to dry, exposing internally sensitive information.

it's all a bit s**t mate. surely you can concede that, my guess is you wont, because it's all *in rainbows!!!
Lol I'm a St Kilda supporter, I'm not sure how I could see it as all rainbows.

But all the stuff you've mentioned there I frankly couldn't give a s**t about.

Sure, but probably more effective than Ross apparently reading out the whole game strategy verbatim in a practise match.

The most shocking thing about this is to find out that we finally have a game day strategy that doesn’t consist of handballing at teammate’s feet or bombing it long to King who has three blokes on him.
Is it a new strategy or just a rehash of his old ones?

Maybe it is an elaborate hoax of a fake up loaded game plan discussion so Ross gets the jump on Freo. Ross playing 4D Chess.

Yeah....

Freo won the Brad Hill trade so far...

Brad Hill and a 2020 3rd rounder for Blake Acres, pick 10, pick 58, 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder. Funny how Peter Bell demanded a couple of 1st rounders from the saints and that included their pick 6.

Also that 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder we got from the saints, we traded that to your mob. Collingwood haded us a 2020 3rd rounder and James Aish.

But as fair as Brad Hills contract.... I dont have any animosity towards him going after the cash.

Brad Hills contract at freo was a 5 year deal at $2.5 million over 5 years from 2017-2021. It was front loaded too.

$700,000 for years 2018-9. $500,000 for 2020. Had Brad Hill stayed in 2020 and 2021, he would of been on only $300,000.

Saints went nuts at Brad Hills agent and offered Hill $900,000 a year for 5 or 6 years. That alone should be one reason why the minimum salary cap should be 90% rather than 95%.

I liked it at 2010 or 2011 when the minimum cap was only 92.5%
It's poor of players to leave after front ended payments have ended, it's fraudulent.
Mind you forcing players to leave - like Grundy, salary dumping, & low-balling players like Acres is not ideal either.
I agree with you on salary caps.

What's the actual purpose of recording the commentary in the coaches box?

Does Ross listen to it on the way home in his car ?

I love that some Saints staffer had to transcribe the audio, print it out and give it to Rossy to
read it out to playing group . I hope he put on different voices for the other coaches.

Whatever you say about Brett Ratten, he was really good at not uploading the wrong audio to his Dropbox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that some Saints staffer had to transcribe the audio, print it out and give it to Rossy to
read it out to playing group . I hope he put on different voices for the other coaches.

Whatever you say about Brett Ratten, he was really good at not uploading the wrong audio to his Dropbox.
Amazing how clever and interesting you become after one “Bradbury” flag in 70 years!

Amazing how clever and interesting you become after one “Bradbury” flag in 70 years!
come on, its a valid question. we know all teams do it given the leaks over the years.

is someone (who?) reviewing it every week? Or is it only used occasionally when a specific issue arises?

Maybe Ross Lyon’s boss (Lethlean) reviews it for continuous improvement in much the same way as Lyon reviews gameday vision?

It's reasonable and effective to record commentary.

It's either that or write it in a notebook during the game.

If a coach wants to bring up specific action with a player, they can just find the initial feedback they gave at the time via the recording.

It could also be used as a way of assessing the coaches decision making on gameday.

Not ideal that it's leaked of course, but I doubt there will be any revelations from a practice game between two bottom four sides.

Maybe Ross Lyon’s boss (Lethlean) reviews it for continuous improvement in much the same way as Lyon reviews gameday vision?

Christ on a stick. Bring back the 80s . I wonder what peak Ron Barassi would have said to Leathlean?

Christ on a stick. Bring back the 80s . I wonder what peak Ron Barassi would have said to Leathlean?

Everybody is accountable.

Beveridge is accountable to Chris Grant

Chris Grant is accountable to Ameet Bains

Ameet is accountable to Kylie Watson-Wheeler and the board.

Kylie and the board are accountable to you and the Western Bulldogs members.

It's poor of players to leave after front ended payments have ended, it's fraudulent.
Mind you forcing players to leave - like Grundy, salary dumping, & low-balling players like Acres is not ideal either.
I agree with you on salary caps.
It seems to be something some types go for more than others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back