It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wanted to interview him, yes. For the best though as he admitted he wasn't mentally up for coaching again earlier this year. Wonder what's changed.
Your president had all but given him the job, then powerful people in the club didn't like that he'd gone behind their back and you had to back out and say "actually you need to interview". At which point he walked away from it as he thought the club didn't know what it was doing.

You can string out this childish "he didn't want to do a job interview" line but it's simply false. Obviously it makes you feel better about your club so I understand it but the arrogance of your supporter base is laughable look at your thread on your board quoting supporters from ours celebrating the appointment. You seem to have a lot invested in the move and I'd say that's because many of your supporters are worried that you let a good coach slip through your fingers and ended up with an average one. And on the evidence at hand Voss is still a fairly average coach.

Your president had all but given him the job, then powerful people in the club didn't like that he'd gone behind their back and you had to back out and say "actually you need to interview". At which point he walked away from it as he thought the club didn't know what it was doing.

You can string out this childish "he didn't want to do a job interview" line but it's simply false. Obviously it makes you feel better about your club so I understand it but the arrogance of your supporter base is laughable look at your thread on your board quoting supporters from ours celebrating the appointment. You seem to have a lot invested in the move and I'd say that's because many of your supporters are worried that you let a good coach slip through your fingers and ended up with an average one. And on the evidence at hand Voss is still a fairly average coach.
I don't need to feel better, I'm very happy with Voss, he did a great job this year. You'd have a hard time finding a Blues supporter who disagrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather have Ross Lyon as our coach than Michael Voss but I don't think he was a bad choice for Carlton and he did a decent job this year with them.

He wouldn't want to miss finals again next year though or he could suffer the same fate as Ratten, Carlton should be playing finals with their list.

I'd rather have Ross Lyon as our coach than Michael Voss but I don't think he was a bad choice for Carlton and he did a decent job this year with them.

He wouldn't want to miss finals again next year though or he could suffer the same fate as Ratten, Carlton should be playing finals with their list.
Its literally impossible for Carlton to not win the flag next year if you listen to their supporters

Its literally impossible for Carlton to not win the flag next year if you listen to their supporters
It's literally not the case that Collingwood lucked into the finals this year if you listen to their supporters.

I agree it was a stroke of luck to be drawn Carlton in Round 23
Yep, the double up against Carlton certainly helped our cause!

Given we got closer to Geelong than any other club during the finals series, one would suggest Collingwood's place in the Top 4 (not just finals) was well deserved.

Meanwhile, Carlton dream of the possibility that one day they may play a final.

Yep, the double up against Carlton certainly helped our cause!

Given we got closer to Geelong than any other club during the finals series, one would suggest Collingwood's place in the Top 4 (not just finals) was well deserved.

Meanwhile, Carlton dream of the possibility that one day they may play a final.
If you finish top 4 after 22 games it's hard for it not to be deserved.

Back