Rumour Ross Lyon offered 5 year deal by Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

all loses to me freak!. People like you around the club that accept that those positions as fantastic are the reasons why we do not succeed. You obviously like coming 2nd or 3rd.

Id give finishing 2nd or 3rd every single year over getting smashed by 70+ points week in week out like the club used to.

Id give finishing 2nd or 3rd every single year over getting smashed by 70+ points week in week out like the club used to.

not sure of your point, both scenarios smell of loser mentality.

why can't we finish 1st or are you too precious?.

We will never finish 1st with Roo and others, so time to move on.

Thanks Mr Clown

Gee, same old situation, someone has an opinion against yours and their negative - time to get off the high horse don't-look-2-me-4 guidance

More than entitled to your opinion. Just find it interesting that it takes a major announcement regarding the Saints for you to post here. You're a hard man to please.

How will trading for draft picks create instant success? Bottoming out = losing.

oh boy, I think I'm wasting my time but here goes.

The current group have not been able to reach the ultimate goal in their window of opportunity, lets look at alternatives which may include releasing some of our highly paid $$$ players to free up and get new talent through the place which is obviously a rebuild. If you have any idea of rebuild it will incur losses as you will be introducing low game players into you squad just like WC, Hawthorn did a few years back .

If you think you can just pick up draft picks and remain in top 4 and beyond straight away you are kidding yourself.

oh boy, I think I'm wasting my time but here goes.

The current group have not been able to reach the ultimate goal in their window of opportunity, lets look at alternatives which may include releasing some of our highly paid $$$ players to free up and get new talent through the place which is obviously a rebuild. If you have any idea of rebuild it will incur losses as you will be introducing low game players into you squad just like WC, Hawthorn did a few years back .

If you think you can just pick up draft picks and remain in top 4 and beyond straight away you are kidding yourself.
Sydney haven't bottomed out but they rebuild whilst staying a finals contender. Don't see them trading Goodes do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, must have missed those 2 brownlow's (maybe 3 end of this year) and premierships Roo have won.

They did trade their best forward though.

Next

They traded hall only after he was sacked for smashing Ben rutten. They didn't trade him for rebuild purposes. They traded him because he became a loose cannon and a liability to the swans.

wow, must have missed those 2 brownlow's (maybe 3 end of this year) and premierships Roo have won.

They did trade their best forward though.

Next
CC,
Wow slash and burn.Sack everyone?
This years draft is going to be one of the leanest in many years, and GWS have most of the top picks. Added to that clubs like Geelong (who rorted the father son rule) and are again being rewarded and will receive 2 first round draft picks as will Melbourne and Footscray will receive one which they will hang onto until GWS has finished their priority selections. That is going to seriously limit the number of available top draft selections over the next few years. So how do you propose to bring in all of these players that you are talking about? You could trade Roo to GWS and receive what in return? Apart from ripping out the heart from the club, the members would leave in droves.For the first time in 3 years St.Kilda will have a decent break to recover instead of giiving other clubs a 5 weeks head start.

Whilst he was sighted having coffee with him, Ross's comments at the time didn't gel with someone who'd instigated the process.

The club could hardly have appointed Pelchen without the two sitting down to ascertain whether the relationship could work.

It seems pretty clear now. The club offers a one year extension (two years in total). Fair enough - that's a pretty normal approach.

Ross seeks 3. Also fair enough (knowing he has a few ageing stars - particularly up forward which looks an area of concern in the future).

The club appoints Pelchen.

Ross puts all talks on hold until he gets more clarity on what the approach to list management will be. Fair enough.

Negotiations obviously complicated now that Lyon's management has had a formal approach with what is expected to be an attractive offer.

Damian Barrett is reporting this as a key factor on TFS. Not sure what that's worth (given who is saying it), but I guess the Pelchen appointment did put a hold on the discussions which had occurred up until that point. A shame the club couldn't do the deal and then get Lyon's agreement that a senior list manager was a good thing.

Well, after being shafted ourselves earlier this week, feel for you guys.

Re the Lyon/Melbourne scenario, while everyone assumes it to be the case, there doesn't seem to have been an offer put to Lyon from Melbourne.

Guess all will come out in the wash in the coming weeks. FWIW, rumblings around the place re Melbourne are for a Burns/Craig combo ... or MM.

Originally Posted by Cardio Carl
Ross, please go now.

Game plan is boring, players are over you so best to move on and be well recognised for you great work.

Hope he goes to Melbourne as it would be a win/win for both clubs.

We need to bring back the fine selection committee that discovered Ross and get them back to work to unearth the next best thing coming through. They identified Lyon when many had no idea.

Move on everyone.

Welcome back Mr Negative.

yeah talk about being Mr Negative, Dont-Look-2-Me-4-Guidance, love to know what your thinking now, I bet it ain't positive. again just shows that you need to stop putting posters down that have a different opinion to yours, as invariably they are correct.

Originally Posted by Cardio Carl
Ross, please go now.

Game plan is boring, players are over you so best to move on and be well recognised for you great work.

Hope he goes to Melbourne as it would be a win/win for both clubs.

We need to bring back the fine selection committee that discovered Ross and get them back to work to unearth the next best thing coming through. They identified Lyon when many had no idea.

Move on everyone.

yeah talk about being Mr Negative, Dont-Look-2-Me-4-Guidance, love to know what your thinking now, I bet it ain't positive. again just shows that you need to stop putting posters down that have a different opinion to yours, as invariably they are correct.

If you'd bother to read the thread I had debated your posts with reasonable thoughts, etc. I didn't need any further petty name calling either.

Is there no end to Grant Thomas' attempts to derail this club???

What an absolute bloody disgrace to come up with this on the eve of Ross Lyon's preparations for a cut-throat final.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-trouble-with-ross-lyon-20110906-1jvy6.html

Interesting article, and if you read Lyon's "assurances", he was gone back then, if not earlier. He obviously has some charisma and influence with his team. He most definitely fooled the senior group, yet they are quicker to criticize the club than Lyon.

The way Lyon went from player to player after he quit (even Reiwolt in hospital) sounds like he was keen to get people on side and hear his version first.

Grant Thomas had obviously heard something back then, and it sounded like he was being fed by Lyon. He was taking Lyon's side.

Well, after being shafted ourselves earlier this week, feel for you guys.

Re the Lyon/Melbourne scenario, while everyone assumes it to be the case, there doesn't seem to have been an offer put to Lyon from Melbourne.

Guess all will come out in the wash in the coming weeks. FWIW, rumblings around the place re Melbourne are for a Burns/Craig combo ... or MM.

whilst i appreciate the sentiment, you guys got fantastic compensation.. we got a whole world of headaches.
i dont think the two scenarios are in the same stratosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back