Toast Ross Lyon returns to St.Kilda #UnfinishedBusiness

Happy?

• Yes

Votes: 225 86.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan but Jimmy's lost a yard of pace and is on the downhill, and l hope Leo is given opportunity to take the spot.
My back 6:
Paton-Howard-Wilkie
Coffield-Battle-Sinclair

I can't see it happening. Cordy will be there somewhere and Sincs will probably become a mid.
I was thinking Battle fwd but we will already have King/Skunk/Hayes IMO

Cordy I can see being immediate best 22

+1.

He would add a different dynamic to our midfield - Jones will be back to his best hopefully aswell
Its the knock on effect that makes things interesting. Sinclair goes to the midfield then who fills that spot??

DMac, Webster, McKenna ???? at half back.

That still leaves you with Steele, Gresham, Ross, Crouch, Jones, Sinclair, Windy, Owens, Clark as viable midfield options. Might explain why Hunter Clark to North was given a chance to see what might eventuate.

Less of an issue if we don't pick up McKenna.

Not sure how Hayes will go after injury, as he only played one really good game before going down and needs to show more. Out of all the midfield contenders, I would lean to Sinclair having a go in there as he has superior footskills to the rest, but I think we still lack a class midfielder. It will be interesting to see RL's take on how the midfield should be structured.

Its the knock on effect that makes things interesting. Sinclair goes to the midfield then who fills that spot??

DMac, Webster, McKenna ???? at half back.

That still leaves you with Steele, Gresham, Ross, Crouch, Jones, Sinclair, Windy, Owens, Clark as viable midfield options. Might explain why Hunter Clark to North was given a chance to see what might eventuate.

Less of an issue if we don't pick up McKenna.
Sinclair into the midfield would be a waste. He was the best half back in the comp this year. Whoever replaces in at half back is a much bigger downgrade than who he would replace in the midfield rotation. Especially if we want to give some younger players more midfield time.

Sinclair into the midfield would be a waste. He was the best half back in the comp this year. Whoever replaces in at half back is a much bigger downgrade than who he would replace in the midfield rotation. Especially if we want to give some younger players more midfield time.
I'd rather Sinclair be the 16th best mid whilst we play finals.

I'd rather Sinclair be the 16th best mid whilst we play finals.
Best way to play finals is having your best players in their best positions. And having the strongest best 22 possible.

Sinclair's best position is half back. And our midfield options without Sinclair are a lot stronger than our half-back options without Sinclair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, Sincs is absolutely elite at what he does.

He is also very good offensively and defensively.

He may make an ok mid, but he is an out and out gun across hbf.

In part as he reads the game so beautifully, and secondly as then makes very good decisions, and lastly as he then executes so well and decisively.

How was the draft compromised in 2013+14? All the compromises drafts were from 2009-2011. Unfortunately we don’t have compromised drafts as an excuse.
Maybe read what I wrote, we stuffed up Billings and McCartin in 2013 and 2014.

GWS had 10 picks before us in 2011, we didn't have a pick until pick 20 after crashing out of the finals we were done. We chose Saad and Milera and 25 for 20 we got Seb Ross for 25 while GWS got Paton, Coniglio, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Buntine, Hayes, Tomlinson, Toby greene and Taylor Adams before we got Ross.

Nah, no effect on a team that bottomed out at all. Also said we wasted capital we got for Dal, McEvoy and Goddard.

Does help to comprehend what someone has posted

Sinclair to the mids, Hill to the wing

Cordy Howard Wilkie
Coffield Battle McKenna

McKenna will give us lots of run, Coffield intercept mark. If they can't cut it we have Highmore, Webster, Sharman as the intercept mark.

Maybe read what I wrote, we stuffed up Billings and McCartin in 2013 and 2014.

GWS had 10 picks before us in 2011, we didn't have a pick until pick 20 after crashing out of the finals we were done. We chose Saad and Milera and 25 for 20 we got Seb Ross for 25 while GWS got Paton, Coniglio, Tyson, Hoskin-Elliott, Buntine, Hayes, Tomlinson, Toby greene and Taylor Adams before we got Ross.

Nah, no effect on a team that bottomed out at all. Also said we wasted capital we got for Dal, McEvoy and Goddard.

Does help to comprehend what someone has posted
You said we bottomed out right as the compromised drafts began which is wrong. We didn’t bottom out until 2013 when the compromised drafts were finished. So again, we don’t have the compromised drafts as an excuse for anything. You can’t just make things up to suit your narrative.

You said we bottomed out right as the compromised drafts began which is wrong. We didn’t bottom out until 2013 when the compromised drafts were finished. So again, we don’t have the compromised drafts as an excuse for anything. You can’t just make things up to suit your narrative.

GWS had the first pick in 2013 because they were poor because they were new. They turned their 2014 poorness and surplus talent (given to them in compromised drafts) to snare picks 4, 6 & 7 in 2014.

I actually think there is a reasonable argument that every draft has been compromised since they entered the competition, but hey, I'm the guy who argues for the abolition of academies and the father-son rule because they compromise the draft.

Best way to play finals is having your best players in their best positions. And having the strongest best 22 possible.

Sinclair's best position is half back. And our midfield options without Sinclair are a lot stronger than our half-back options without Sinclair.
I'd say that the general rule to which exceptions can apply.
If we land McKenna it's a no brainer, but with Coff, Paton, Leo there's already enough running power and they could rotate Sincs and Jones through there as the 7th man. Sincs was great, but with an ordinary midfield he's a wasted talent.

Sinclair to the mids, Hill to the wing

Cordy Howard Wilkie
Coffield Battle McKenna

McKenna will give us lots of run, Coffield intercept mark. If they can't cut it we have Highmore, Webster, Sharman as the intercept mark.
McKenna is coming?

Are they though?
A lot depends on Clark and whether Gresh can stay injury free and Jones comes back fit and firing. Cant be relying on Owens and Windy just yet.
I still believe Sincs should be given a go in the mids at times.

We have a lot of coverage for his spot, and Coff, Connolly and McKenna? can all also attack off half back.

Back